Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:08 am

This year they are reaching new heights in fucking us over.
Last edited by Original Dub on Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Re: Officiating

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:25 am

Since the WC it has been cranked up a notch.

1. The total mess against the Rags. They could and should have had multiple players sent off. The offside. Rag players in the officials faces.

2. Wolves non-penalty.

3. Last night Zinch should have gone.

These are massive decisions, not to mention Foden’s goal being disallowed against Liverpool for a 50-50 with Haaland 20 minutes before the goal. We’re always a first, you never see it happen with other teams.

What’s worrying is we always have shit loads more possession than the opposition, but more fouls. How does that even work?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:28 am

Also the club need to grow a pair. We can’t keep letting this happen. I know this love and rainbows and shh shh approach the club have, but it’s absolute bollocks.

It needs calling out. The more the club fail to call it out the more “proper” fans will end up giving up and walk away.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:47 am

Ten years ago we had a respected figure in the shape of Patrick Vieira to call it out. It worked, partly because of his standing within the game, World Cup winner etc, but mostly because he was not mainly associated with City. We need a similar figure to do the same again. But who?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:17 am

Exactly.

The mind blowing part is how they managed to turn it up AFTER the introduction of VAR.

It actually makes it worse when you're screwed over. The fact that something is so obvious in a slow motion replay and they can still decide whatever suits them.

I think the only answer is accountability. They have to be made explain their decisions and get in front of the cameras just like the managers straight after a game.

Then there should be open and transparent punishment for those who make these decisions.

At the moment, they have dermot Gallagher on a sky show every Monday to basically defend all decisions. The ones he goes against are always the decisions that never really had an impact on the game in question. Like a 4 nil that should have been 4-1 if the penalty was awarded to the losing team etc.

There isn't uproar or calls for change to this because simply put, it just doesn't happen the old guard and without their fans it just looks like we're delusional.

The club highlighting continuous inept/bent officiating is our only hope at the minute and I'd be amazed if they weren't doing this in the background.

The only problem is that it's in the background.

It makes perfect sense why pep keeps saying things like "we know who we are" and "we know where we are playing ". "We know we have to be perfect" etc.

He can see exactly what we can see.

It's every single game at the minute
Last edited by Original Dub on Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:19 am

That decision in the first minute was just abysmal from the ref and its now a common theme isn't it.
Someone has to stand up for the club and say it how it is - Id agree that this year our officiating has been disgusting to say the least.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:21 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:That decision in the first minute was just abysmal from the ref and its now a common theme isn't it.
Someone has to stand up for the club and say it how it is - Id agree that this year our officiating has been disgusting to say the least.

Are they all new refs as well, or am I imagining that?

If so, it's even more worrying because the cunts were obviously brought in with a narrative and they'll be here for the next 10 or 15 years
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:27 am

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:That decision in the first minute was just abysmal from the ref and its now a common theme isn't it.

Are they all new refs as well, or am I imagining that?

If so, it's even more worrying because the cunts were obviously brought in with a narrative and they'll be here for the next 10 or 15 years

At least the players surrounded the ref ..need to do that all the time and really make the cunt nervous when he makes bent decisions.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:38 am

I think what makes it even more obvious is that previously I would have been ok with Tierney's appointment as the referee for last night's match, but he was shockingly bad. Makes you think about the corruption angle and/or if he has had orders from above.

Whatever happens, it needs addressing and I can't disagree with any of what has been previously written.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:08 am

The problem is we don’t have a captain. We have players that wear the armband but no proper captain.
Who is going to speak up during the game to the ref and call it out? Kev won’t. Gundo won’t.

We had intimidating figures like Kompany and Fern and now we’ve got a bunch of weasels that won’t speak up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:45 am

Very true.

I have no doubt in my mind that when we go into the market again, Pep will be looking for captains. Everything he's saying is pointing towards it.

Bellingham is a bell end. I've no problems with bell ends if they're the type of bell ends that everyone outside the club hates and they give everything when they're on the pitch.

Problem is, he could just be a bell end in general - it's worth taking the chance because if it's the former, we've a leader for years to come.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:43 am

Whilst I agree the officiating is awful i find it hard to truly believe in the anti City conspiracy. I think it is probably more to do with the human factors- ie Man City are the best, richest, well run club so they tend to “level it out” by allowing a few more decisions to the opponents.

But having read what I just wrote I guess that is an anti Man City agenda :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:08 pm

I love Fern & Kompany, but I think we’ve always missed a great voice on the field against the ref (in the new era).
They were also soft from this point of view.

Rags under taggart surrounded the refs at every decision and sure, they had the back up, but they knew how to put pressure. Not just waving the hands and a smirk.

We need that. Badly
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:37 pm

Webb started his new position before XMAS.
Look at what has happened since then, City players kicked around the field, manhandled in the penalty area and corrupt VAR decisions.
They can and are targeting us, in plain sight, 'subjective offside' anyone?

It is a real problem because we cannot win trophies if we are targeted and other teams are helped. How can we pull 8 points back on Arsenal if they are helped whilst playing their other games. We cannot.

Big problem for the Club. Hope they have a plan.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:31 am

It’s almost a conditioning process. The next shit decision. It’s not paranoia it’s real. I was in the Booby Charlton stand for the Derby. No rag expected a goal. Yet the cunts like Rio validate such blatant bent decisions with it evens out over a season. Having rags in a studio for our CL games or any fixtures ensures no traction, they brush off decisions Bury it at source. Dermot Gallagher and a scouser will banter it out, if it was candlepol warnock would be doing cartwheels in protest. Salahs goal v Wolves and the ghost offside justified. The Premier League is for a fact bent and designed to get the favoured back to the outcome they had for 20 years. Best we win it again and buy Bellingham at any cost, it’s the only way to middle finger the cheats.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:09 am

MIAMCFC wrote:It’s almost a conditioning process. The next shit decision. It’s not paranoia it’s real. I was in the Booby Charlton stand for the Derby. No rag expected a goal. Yet the cunts like Rio validate such blatant bent decisions with it evens out over a season. Having rags in a studio for our CL games or any fixtures ensures no traction, they brush off decisions Bury it at source. Dermot Gallagher and a scouser will banter it out, if it was candlepol warnock would be doing cartwheels in protest. Salahs goal v Wolves and the ghost offside justified. The Premier League is for a fact bent and designed to get the favoured back to the outcome they had for 20 years. Best we win it again and buy Bellingham at any cost, it’s the only way to middle finger the cheats.

It's very difficult to argue with any of that.

Hopefully someone will
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:13 am

next obvious and bad decision I’d be tempted to pull the team off. We should have done it against the Rags and made a point - everyone could see that was pure corruption. Pep should have pulled the players off and walked off. We’d have got respect from every single fan base for doing that and it would have made a point and highlighted that “goal” even more.
Last edited by Mase on Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:18 am

Original Dub wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:It’s almost a conditioning process. The next shit decision. It’s not paranoia it’s real. I was in the Booby Charlton stand for the Derby. No rag expected a goal. Yet the cunts like Rio validate such blatant bent decisions with it evens out over a season. Having rags in a studio for our CL games or any fixtures ensures no traction, they brush off decisions Bury it at source. Dermot Gallagher and a scouser will banter it out, if it was candlepol warnock would be doing cartwheels in protest. Salahs goal v Wolves and the ghost offside justified. The Premier League is for a fact bent and designed to get the favoured back to the outcome they had for 20 years. Best we win it again and buy Bellingham at any cost, it’s the only way to middle finger the cheats.

Hopefully someone will

Pretty much spot on Hazy. Cheating in plain sight but getting away with it as you have the carefully selected 'pundits' pushing their cartel narrative with no recourse for us. I've not heard anything official from us yet re the swamp debacle - i hope the club have gone private with it as otherwise it will only get worse
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:20 am

salford city wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Hopefully someone will

Pretty much spot on Hazy. Cheating in plain sight but getting away with it as you have the carefully selected 'pundits' pushing their cartel narrative with no recourse for us. I've not heard anything official from us yet re the swamp debacle - i hope the club have gone private with it as otherwise it will only get worse

The club not going public with shit decisions like that will inevitably push proper, loyal fans away eventually. The more we get beaten the more I considering fuckin it off altogether.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:36 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Hopefully someone will

The club not going public with shit decisions like that will inevitably push proper, loyal fans away eventually. The more we get beaten the more I considering fuckin it off altogether.

Each to their own mate, I don't disagree i was stood in the away end at the swamp and couldn't believe my eyes but it has gotten to the stage now where these decisions have a financial impact on us and I'd hope we are making noises in the right ears? We've always been seen to be polite and almost subservient in public but it is getting beyond a joke since Webb came back and we should be shouting it out whenever it inevitably reappears
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum