Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:01 pm

116 charges now. What’s the record?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:35 pm

What annoys me is that they did something blatantly bent and instead of even releasing a fucking apollogy letter, they do the opposite and charge us. It feels like a big FUCK you in our faces.
When did we ever get an apollogy letter or an acknowledgement a mistake was made? I will respond, never.
And we accept it, not questions asked.

They are dragging our names into the mud, they are robbing us, they are doing all of the things they are allowed to do and we say nothing. We never do anything.

I hope, I REALLY HOPE, some things happened and are happening behind the scenes and we like to strike behind closed dogs, but we really come out as we are very very very soft.
Last edited by PeterParker on Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:03 pm

I know we have people who are a lot smarter than me .and they may think that keeping their powder dry is the best way ,and they maybe right ,also as already stated things might be going on behind closed doors . But FFS City it’s us the fans that are taking the shit , just been on a golf weekend with 40 blokes all different supporters but all with a common theme we are Cheats all this shit that has been thrown has stuck JUST for once I would like us to throw some back in their faces
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:15 pm

carolina-blue wrote:I know we have people who are a lot smarter than me .and they may think that keeping their powder dry is the best way ,and they maybe right ,also as already stated things might be going on behind closed doors . But FFS City it’s us the fans that are taking the shit , just been on a golf weekend with 40 blokes all different supporters but all with a common theme we are Cheats all this shit that has been thrown has stuck JUST for once I would like us to throw some back in their faces

That’s the main issue I have with the club keeping quiet and not publicly defending ourselves - it’s us, the fans, that take it in the neck.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:11 am

blues2win wrote:Premier League charge City with failing to control their players when they surrounded the referee but no separate action against Haaland for the tweet. So a fine.

I believe it's the FA that have charged us, not the PL, as that falls under the FAs regulations.

One thought on this "human error" line the PL, PGMOL, and the media are running with: if it's all ok, move on, it's just a human error, then what is the point of VAR? Surely any wrong decision from any referee is just "human error", so VAR is effectively pointless.

Unless there is another, unmentioned, reason for having it...... :?:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:58 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
blues2win wrote:Premier League charge City with failing to control their players when they surrounded the referee but no separate action against Haaland for the tweet. So a fine.

I believe it's the FA that have charged us, not the PL, as that falls under the FAs regulations.

One thought on this "human error" line the PL, PGMOL, and the media are running with: if it's all ok, move on, it's just a human error, then what is the point of VAR? Surely any wrong decision from any referee is just "human error", so VAR is effectively pointless.

VAR is able to fix things that are fixable and wrong. A goal that is scored that can be ruled offside. A penalty decision that is given either way that is wrong. It could not be used to fix this because it is impossible to go back and replay the pass through by Haaland. You know that. All this talk of conspiracy, match fixing, favouring anybody but us, call it what you will but why on earth wait until the 96th minute to do it? Why not award Spurs a penalty earlier? Why not send one of our players off? Why not disallow one of our goals? Pure and simple the referee messed up. It's a pain in the arse but it's the simple truth.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:14 am

Scatman wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

VAR is able to fix things that are fixable and wrong. A goal that is scored that can be ruled offside. A penalty decision that is given either way that is wrong. It could not be used to fix this because it is impossible to go back and replay the pass through by Haaland. You know that. All this talk of conspiracy, match fixing, favouring anybody but us, call it what you will but why on earth wait until the 96th minute to do it? Why not award Spurs a penalty earlier? Why not send one of our players off? Why not disallow one of our goals? Pure and simple the referee messed up. It's a pain in the arse but it's the simple truth.

I agree 100%, but whether it could be used in this instance wasn't my point. If it's ok for a ref to fuck up like he did, without consequences on him, then any fuck up is ok. Therefore VAR is not needed. Unless it has another purpose... All season people from all areas of football have been berating VAR calls as wrong, so your argument that it can fix things that are fixable is flawed. So what is the point of it?
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby stupot » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:41 am

If VAR was used as it was sold to us it would be perfect- correcting clear and obvious mistakes.
Unfortunately it's not as we realised the very first time we'd seen in in the CL against Spuds with the last minute Sterling " winner" when not one of their team appealed for anything.
If VAR takes ages to check an on/offside or yes or no pen then it isn't clear or obvious so the initial decision should remain. If it's a major cock up then intervene. It's so easy to implement yet it's going more the other way.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:05 am

stupot wrote:If VAR was used as it was sold to us it would be perfect- correcting clear and obvious mistakes.
Unfortunately it's not as we realised the very first time we'd seen in in the CL against Spuds with the last minute Sterling " winner" when not one of their team appealed for anything.
If VAR takes ages to check an on/offside or yes or no pen then it isn't clear or obvious so the initial decision should remain. If it's a major cock up then intervene. It's so easy to implement yet it's going more the other way.

I still do not understand why most clubs voted against automated offside technology to be implemented - Ive read about it in depth and I still don't get why all the clubs DO NOT want to eliminate human error for this AO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:08 pm

Scatman wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

The truth is , he cheated us out of a possible win . You want to call it a mistake then fine but to the majority of us fans (and opposing fans who have been fucked over by UNREAL decisions by idiots like our ref ) this was cheating pure and simple .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

The truth is , he cheated us out of a possible win . You want to call it a mistake then fine but to the majority of us fans (and opposing fans who have been fucked over by UNREAL decisions by idiots like our ref ) this was cheating pure and simple .

Every fanatic believes they have been cheated out of something. It goes with the territory. And I'm not denying that on numerous occasions it appears like we have, but I am talking about this one specific incident. If we have a referee who wants to cheat us out of a possible win (loosely translated as Jack running almost half the pitch without getting tackled, overtaken and blocked, missing or the goalie saving), then why wait until the 96th minute? Why not make sure of it sooner? Why let us score three or finish with 11 men on the pitch? Why make it so difficult for himself?
Scatman

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:14 pm

Scatman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Every fanatic believes they have been cheated out of something. It goes with the territory. And I'm not denying that on numerous occasions it appears like we have, but I am talking about this one specific incident. If we have a referee who wants to cheat us out of a possible win (loosely translated as Jack running almost half the pitch without getting tackled, overtaken and blocked, missing or the goalie saving), then why wait until the 96th minute? Why not make sure of it sooner? Why let us score three or finish with 11 men on the pitch? Why make it so difficult for himself?

Because its the very last , or near as damn it , kick of the ball..............Asian betting rings would have been proud of the timing of the whistle.!!

I can handle , just about , a refereeing mistake but yesterday it wasn't a mistake.....the word 'cheat' is an easy obvious word to throw out there as It was IMPOSSIBLE for it to be just a fucking mistake - Just Watch that Tit wave play on and THEN and only WHEN Jack was through he then blew.

It stinks and I swear one day it will come out in the open...our officials are 100% not all kosher.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:25 pm

Scatman wrote:Every fanatic believes they have been cheated out of something. It goes with the territory. And I'm not denying that on numerous occasions it appears like we have, but I am talking about this one specific incident. If we have a referee who wants to cheat us out of a possible win (loosely translated as Jack running almost half the pitch without getting tackled, overtaken and blocked, missing or the goalie saving), then why wait until the 96th minute? Why not make sure of it sooner? Why let us score three or finish with 11 men on the pitch? Why make it so difficult for himself?

They do it throughout the whole 90 minutes, just this one was blatant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:33 pm

I expect you are right they aren't Kosher. It happened in Italy and it can happen anywhere. And why wouldn't it happen with the amount of money at stake? We've been stitched up by refs, yes. As has everybody. But this one? You haven't explained why he waited til the 96th minute to do it. Is he that good?
Scatman

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:36 pm

Scatman wrote:I expect you are right they aren't Kosher. It happened in Italy and it can happen anywhere. And why wouldn't it happen with the amount of money at stake? We've been stitched up by refs, yes. As has everybody. But this one? You haven't explained why he waited til the 96th minute to do it. Is he that good?

Because that’s when it happened mate, in the 96th minute.

Halsey has already called them out on being told to make certain decisions, I’d prefer to believe an ex-ref.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:49 pm

Scatman wrote:I expect you are right they aren't Kosher. It happened in Italy and it can happen anywhere. And why wouldn't it happen with the amount of money at stake? We've been stitched up by refs, yes. As has everybody. But this one? You haven't explained why he waited til the 96th minute to do it. Is he that good?

He didn't wait till the 96th minute mate. He didn't think he'd have to do anything because the game was nearly over.

Then he spotted grealish had run onto the through ball. And instinct made him blow the whistle immediately.

What gave him that instinct we'll never know. But he spotted grealish and blew. That part is a fact and something I've never seen before
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:00 pm

Right, so instead of doing something a bit earlier, perhaps an hour earlier, he gambled and waited 'til virtually the last kick of the game?
Scatman

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:27 pm

I still don't know why or how he could book Rodri, but he did. Again , several opportunities for putting spuds players in the book with a yellow, but that was alright.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:34 pm

Not sure what you mean?

I don't think he planned that incident. Or planned to fuck us over. I do know he blew the whistle when he saw grealish through on goal.

I can't explain why.

I don't think it was an accident. You must know it was?
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:53 pm

Scatman wrote:Right, so instead of doing something a bit earlier, perhaps an hour earlier, he gambled and waited 'til virtually the last kick of the game?

If we play the conspiracy theory …….. he waited for an opportunity to ensure the game was drawn and that was the exact moment to ensure it was a fucking draw and would finally end in a draw .

Job done

Following the theme , even some match fixing by officials in Italy (and wherever else ) would have had moments during their bent matches that would complicate the outcome they wanted.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum