Summer 2023 transfer window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer 2023 transfer window

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:20 am

Bernie linked today with PSG.

At least is not Barcelona, so maybe we are going to get a good deal for him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:33 am

PeterParker wrote:Bernie linked today with PSG.

Imagine finishing out your career in the league you moved from to better yourself :lol: Fuckin women aye!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:15 pm

Mase wrote:

Imagine finishing out your career in the league you moved from to better yourself :lol: Fuckin women aye!

Mbape is his mate.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:59 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mbape is his mate.

He’ll be gone soon.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:03 am

Birmingham Live are reporting that Villa have renewed their interest in Kalvin Philips less than a year since he joined, as he continues to struggle to impress Pep.

He has only featured in 5 games all as a sub!

Kalvin Philips is reortedly "ready to leave"
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:30 am

CTID Hants wrote:Birmingham Live are reporting that Villa have renewed their interest in Kalvin Philips less than a year since he joined, as he continues to struggle to impress Pep.

Said it at the time, but letting Lavia go when he could have been filling for Rodri in cup games instead of this moron was the biggest mistake we made last summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:55 am

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Birmingham Live are reporting that Villa have renewed their interest in Kalvin Philips less than a year since he joined, as he continues to struggle to impress Pep.

Said it at the time, but letting Lavia go when he could have been filling for Rodri in cup games instead of this moron was the biggest mistake we made last summer.

Hmm... I thought letting Kolorav go was our biggest mistake?
I think we'll get him next year as long as Southampton don't get relegated.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:18 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

There’s so many teams after him now though. The buy back only works if he himself wants to come back to us. If he doesn’t then Southampton get more money for him and he gets to pick his team.

These buy backs are worthless if they turn out to be a good player, because it only matters if they actually want to come back. Why would he want to come back to a club that didn’t trust he’d be a decent enough back up option when he’s moved and is starting every week.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:30 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

There’s so many teams after him now though. The buy back only works if he himself wants to come back to us. If he doesn’t then Southampton get more money for him and he gets to pick his team.

These buy backs are worthless if they turn out to be a good player, because it only matters if they actually want to come back. Why would he want to come back to a club that didn’t trust he’d be a decent enough back up option when he’s moved and is starting every week.

Agreed. In addition to the transfer fee, there's the wage issue to think about. We basically have to offer the same as other clubs, while he was probably on pennies with us before joining Southampton.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:43 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Agreed. In addition to the transfer fee, there's the wage issue to think about. We basically have to offer the same as other clubs, while he was probably on pennies with us before joining Southampton.

Good point. Especially when it’s Chelsea and United that are rumoured to be interested. They’ll throw ridiculous money at him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:30 pm

Kalvin Philips is reortedly "ready to leave"[/quote]

Said it at the time, but letting Lavia go when he could have been filling for Rodri in cup games instead of this moron was the biggest mistake we made last summer.[/quote]

I think we'll get him next year as long as Southampton don't get relegated.[/quote]

These buy backs are worthless if they turn out to be a good player, because it only matters if they actually want to come back. Why would he want to come back to a club that didn’t trust he’d be a decent enough back up option when he’s moved and is starting every week.[/quote]

Good point. Especially when it’s Chelsea and United that are rumoured to be interested. They’ll throw ridiculous money at him.[/quote]

I'm not defending the boards cock up, I'm hoping they can rectify it but it looks like it might come at a cost. Then again, the rags bought back Progba for silly money and didn't work out. It's all in hindsight, had he stayed we wouldn't known how good he is had we not given him minutes. the buy back clause is rather bewildering, why 2024?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:53 pm

The 2024 thing is a total fuck up. If Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea etc bid this summer we have to match their bid, otherwise he goes elsewhere. And if Southampton go down he’ll be gone this summer.

Huge fuck up by the board.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:34 am

Mase wrote:The 2024 thing is a total fuck up. If Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea etc bid this summer we have to match their bid, otherwise he goes elsewhere. And if Southampton go down he’ll be gone this summer.

A fit Phillips is the one I’d like to see. Is he going to stay and put this disastrous season behind him. I hope so tbh.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:39 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:The 2024 thing is a total fuck up. If Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea etc bid this summer we have to match their bid, otherwise he goes elsewhere. And if Southampton go down he’ll be gone this summer.

A fit Phillips is the one I’d like to see. Is he going to stay and put this disastrous season behind him. I hope so tbh.

He’s not been fit for 3 years mate. What makes you think next season will be different?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:35 am

This thread shouldn't have been bumped Mase, i'm singing the bleeding Riff Pilchard song to myself now !

even wierder , i was editing on the Congratulation thread ! mmmh have to have a look at this !
Last edited by zuricity on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:37 am

This thread shouldn't have been bumped Mase, i'm singing the bleeding Riff Pilchard song to myself now !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:58 am

I think Phillips looked like a no-brainer the season before his injury.
The board got him because they though he was over that and would be back at his best.
He seems the type of footballer that has zero motivation, and how could he when Southgate plays him from the start in the England squad while he barely played for the club?

Letting Lavia go was a mistake yes, but we won't bring him back, we all know that very well.

Sell Phillips and bring someone like Fern.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:34 am

PeterParker wrote:I think Phillips looked like a no-brainer the season before his injury.
The board got him because they though he was over that and would be back at his best.
He seems the type of footballer that has zero motivation, and how could he when Southgate plays him from the start in the England squad while he barely played for the club?

Letting Lavia go was a mistake yes, but we won't bring him back, we all know that very well.

Last season Phillips played 3 games. The season before which was supposed to be his “amazing” season he started 18 games. The season before he was in the Championship.

It’s a truly terrible signing based on the recommendation of a numpty that Pep looks up to but had failed everywhere apart from 1 club. Shocking.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:39 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I think Phillips looked like a no-brainer the season before his injury.

Last season Phillips played 3 games. The season before which was supposed to be his “amazing” season he started 18 games. The season before he was in the Championship.

It’s a truly terrible signing based on the recommendation of a numpty that Pep looks up to but had failed everywhere apart from 1 club. Shocking.

Didn't look right that Mase so i checked.
Last season he played 20 PL games so just over half, the season before it was 29.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:18 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

Didn't look right that Mase so i checked.
Last season he played 20 PL games so just over half, the season before it was 29.

29 games in all competitions you mean, in the season he was “amazing”. He started 18 in the Prem for a team that didn’t rotate and he was one of their best players supposedly. Including sub appearances that may have been 5 minutes at the end of a match are pointless
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum