Kevin - a player in decline?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin - a player in decline?

Postby branny » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:17 pm

Form is temporary........
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:03 pm

It’s probably a good time to talk about an evolution of the team, talking about a leg at this time is just disrespectful.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:54 am

He has had many bad games over the years, but when he’s on it, he’s unplayable and the best in the world….it’s been a while since he’s been on it all game. Nothing pisses me of more that when a commentator says well there’s a rarity when one of his passes goes astray, he does it all the fucking time, he wasn’t great today, but we really need him at his absolute best going forward, I’m not sure we’re going to see it….I hope I’m wrong. What does give me a good feeling is Foden’s form, it’s like having a new player and I suspect he will have more influence than Kev.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:38 am

Beefymcfc wrote:It’s probably a good time to talk about an evolution of the team, talking about a leg at this time is just disrespectful.

Disrespectful to talk about a player whose form has (not even arguably ) dipped , on a fan forum , a forum for fans to talk about all things football ?

Comedy gold aren’t you ha ha ha .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:09 am

First game back at home yesterday . Pitch perhaps watered too much ? It must be said that in the first half there were many , many misplaced passes not just Tin tins. Ed had some howlers .

I'm looking for a Kloppy type explanation . Grass too long ? Kev on the razz on Friday ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby stupot » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It’s probably a good time to talk about an evolution of the team, talking about a leg at this time is just disrespectful.

Disrespectful to talk about a player whose form has (not even arguably ) dipped , on a fan forum , a forum for fans to talk about all things football ?

Premier League Assists 22/23
Kevin de bruyne 12
1st Place 3 clear of 2nd.
Imagine if his form hadn't ( arguably) dipped
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues-clues » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:30 am

And the assists stats are troublesome too. It’s the guy who made the pass to the scorer. Multiple times the key pass that created the chance was earlier in the move and often that is Kev who has worked it all out like a chess move.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby stupot » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:51 am

blues-clues wrote:And the assists stats are troublesome too. It’s the guy who made the pass to the scorer. Multiple times the key pass that created the chance was earlier in the move and often that is Kev who has worked it all out like a chess move.

Very true- but more often than not he does that key pass too and not the assist like midweek.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:28 am

i thought you weren’t posting in this thread anymore?

embarrassing
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:53 am

Think he had his boots on the wrong feet yesterday.
That is all.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:10 am

patrickblue wrote:Think he had his boots on the wrong feet yesterday.
That is all.

I think he tries a little bit too hard at times as well.

I’m glad we’ve got him. Wouldn’t want him playing against us.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:39 am

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Imagine if his form hadn't ( arguably) dipped

I’d ‘imagine’ we wouldn’t be having this conversation then would we .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:47 pm

Such a City fan this type of negativity and has been since time began. Was it John Maddock who convinced the Maine Stand that Peter Reid. 6th in the League was not playing the brand of football he wanted. Sacked him and the main stand mongs all hid from the disaster it caused. We have enough on without the BS this is.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:49 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:Such a City fan this type of negativity and has been since time began. Was it John Maddock who convinced the Maine Stand that Peter Reid. 6th in the League was not playing the brand of football he wanted. Sacked him and the main stand mongs all hid from the disaster it caused. We have enough on without the BS this is.

I’ve got to disagree Hazy. Asking a question is what keeps this forum alive. As others have said, barely any threads get started on here and when they do there’s hardly any contribution unless it’s a match day thread.

We’re here to discuss City and our players.

Equally, you’re allowed to not like a thread and you’re not obliged to comment, but that’s essentially what will ruin this place.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:12 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:Such a City fan this type of negativity and has been since time began. Was it John Maddock who convinced the Maine Stand that Peter Reid. 6th in the League was not playing the brand of football he wanted. Sacked him and the main stand mongs all hid from the disaster it caused. We have enough on without the BS this is.

I’ve got to disagree Hazy. Asking a question is what keeps this forum alive. As others have said, barely any threads get started on here and when they do there’s hardly any contribution unless it’s a match day thread.

Equally, you’re allowed to not like a thread and you’re not obliged to comment, but that’s essentially what will ruin this place.

That’s football Mase,it’s opinions. What is in some City fans DNA is doom.
I’m having ball watching us, some will moan no matter what.
MIAMCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:26 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:

I don’t think is moaning, mate, is just discussing about arguably the best playmaker the Premier League ever saw.
I think it’s healthy for the fans to point out and discuss when they see things that sometimes are not good

I remember when Yaya or Dave left. We all agreed their legs were gone, but no one said let’s ship them. But we all knew that age finally caught them.

If that will not happen we will end up holding hands in circles and sing.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:33 pm

PeterParker wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:

I don’t think is moaning, mate, is just discussing about arguably the best playmaker the Premier League ever saw.
I think it’s healthy for the fans to point out and discuss when they see things that sometimes are not good

There are a few mongs on this site who love holding hands singing ‘we are the world’ - Hazy and Beefy are top of that list. Any opinion that doesn’t fit in with their vision of the world then they want your thread or post to be dissed and put in the bin .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:01 pm

One of my first interactions with a City fan was at White Hart Lane in the 70's, with him and his mates slagging off Ian Bowyer when he came on as a sub. "Wouldn't have him as a ball boy at Maine Road" sticks in my memory.
And now with probably the best squad in the world, things haven't changed much
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:

There are a few mongs on this site who love holding hands singing ‘we are the world’ - Hazy and Beefy are top of that list. Any opinion that doesn’t fit in with their vision of the world then they want your thread or post to be dissed and put in the bin .

Cancelled is the word you're looking for.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:29 pm

patrickblue wrote:

One of my first interactions with a City fan was at White Hart Lane in the 70's, with him and his mates slagging off Ian Bowyer when he came on as a sub. "Wouldn't have him as a ball boy at Maine Road" sticks in my memory.
And now with probably the best squad in the world, things haven't changed much

Bowyer biought by Clough won the League and CL ….
MIAMCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum