View from the Away End...Minor FA Cup edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End...Minor FA Cup edition

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:39 pm

Nothing to see here, but I am posting anyway. Looking forward to welcoming Vinny back tomorrow and seeing what he has done with Burnley. Should be a decent atmosphere at the ground, cant wait.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: John Brooks
Assistant referees: Darren Cann & Matthew Wilkes
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Andrew Madley
AVAR: Constantine Hatzidakis

Team Selection

Muric
Roberts Ekdal Beyer Maatsen
Cork Cullen
Benson JBG Zaroury
Barnes

And the rest…

The keeper selection is interesting - City will know Muric's weaknesses and exploit them - but he's key to how we play. Alternatively, BPF is our cup keeper and if we're up against shots coming in from all angles then he's the better shot stopper and could keep the score respectable

You'd assume that VK will be treating this a excellent chance to test themselves against the best team in the PL, so our line up will reflect that.

Come on lads,let's get realistic and not get silly.I'm afraid that City will pump us by 3/4 goals at least..Still,we will earn some decent money out of it to help sort out the accounts.

Just listened to VK's interview for tomorrows game. A great line when asked how does he think we will get on? "They are looking to win the Champions League and we are looking at winning the Championship".

The Clarets are almost back to full strength, is it at all feasible a major FA Cup shock is on the way? … Probably not.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End...Minor FA Cup edition

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:06 am

Is Harwood-Bellis ineligible or out of favour?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:12 am

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Is Harwood-Bellis ineligible or out of favour?

Injured for a while and has only just come back. Not sure if he’ll be able to play but doubt they’d risk him anyway.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:20 am

Will he replace Laporte in our squad next season? I'd let him have a season in the Prem with Burnley, but what do I know
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:23 am

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Will he replace Laporte in our squad next season? I'd let him have a season in the Prem with Burnley, but what do I know

I think if Burnley and Sheff Utd get promoted we’ll let McAtee and Taylor stay with their clubs next season. It’ll be a good test I think.

Delap is the worry. He can’t even get in the PNE team after struggling at Stoke.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:29 am

Calculated gamble on his potential over whatever amount Southampton offered. Don't always get them right. Maybe he'll blossom next season and get a decent move
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:37 am

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Calculated gamble on his potential over whatever amount Southampton offered. Don't always get them right. Maybe he'll blossom next season and get a decent move

We need to be careful when picking the club he goes to. Stoke purely because of his dad and then his dad gets sacked. PNE to a manager that clearly favours scousers over anyone else.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:42 am

Mase wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Calculated gamble on his potential over whatever amount Southampton offered. Don't always get them right. Maybe he'll blossom next season and get a decent move

We need to be careful when picking the club he goes to. Stoke purely because of his dad and then his dad gets sacked. PNE to a manager that clearly favours scousers over anyone else.

As long as Vinny is in charge I'd be tempted to let him take care of the better prospects. We do need to manage the clubs better for the benwfit of all
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:59 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:

As long as Vinny is in charge I'd be tempted to let him take care of the better prospects. We do need to manage the clubs better for the benwfit of all

Most kids won’t make it with us, but with talents like Delap they should be making it in the Championship. But at the right club. If Southampton go down I can see them buying him, with Wilcox going there as Director of Football at the end of the season. Straight swap for Lavia back or they can suck Mendy’s schlong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:12 am

Vinny will have his pick of loanees from our academy next season, obv. Think the limit might be 2 per PL squad though. Cole Palmer...
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:49 am

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Vinny will have his pick of loanees from our academy next season, obv. Think the limit might be 2 per PL squad though. Cole Palmer...

Palmer shouldn't go out on loan. If we don't think he is worthy of a squad place then he should be sold whilst we can get decent money still. He's been around the first team squad for 2 years now so if he isn't good now he isn't going to be. Arguably the same should have applied to Delap when Southampton offered decent money last summer. When we have Alvarez and Haaland as our strikers then you need to be seriously good to displace them. No disrespect to Delap, but he blatantly isn't of the standard required to dislodge either of those players and isn't likely to be. That isn't his fault per se but he needs a club at his level
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:01 pm

I'd agree if we didn't have Alvarez. Hard to see Palmer getting enough game time if Alvarez is not starting the majority of games. Assume next season is Mahrez's last which will open things up. Unless we get Sane back!
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby salford city » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:30 am

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:I'd agree if we didn't have Alvarez. Hard to see Palmer getting enough game time if Alvarez is not starting the majority of games. Assume next season is Mahrez's last which will open things up. Unless we get Sane back!

Going to watch Sheff Utd and McAtee today. Id imagine that we would let him stay with them if they come up and see how he fares. If he continúes his form, can see him coming back into our midfield unless Jude rocks up in the summer
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum