***Champions v Burnley Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Champions v Burnley Official Match Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:39 pm

Erling Haaland has scored more hat-tricks in all competitions this season (six) than every other Premier League player combined (five).

6 - Erling Haaland
1 - Mohamed Salah
1 - Ivan Toney
1 - Son Heung-min
1 - Phil Foden
1 - Leandro Trossard

Another belter from the BBC feed
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:39 pm

Well I never expected that at all. Was all set for a nervy 90 minutes and them perhaps nicking one on the counter. Fuck me when we play like that we are unstoppable.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:40 pm

Man City 6-0 Burnley
Erling Haaland has scored more hat-tricks in all competitions this season (six) than every other Premier League player combined (five).

6 - Erling Haaland
1 - Mohamed Salah
1 - Ivan Toney
1 - Son Heung-min
1 - Phil Foden
1 - Leandro Trossard
Article Reactions
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:00 pm

hahahahaaland hahahahat-trick
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:18 pm

Excellent performance, especially the second half. Burnley simply couldn't live with us and let's not forget its only their 4th loss all season. Pity its the international break as we are purring like a tiger at the moment
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby s1ty m » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:19 pm

I desperately want to avoid The Rags in the semis. A first Manchester cup final is a dream.

Their best XI v Our best XI. Big pitch. I think we'd molicate them.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:50 pm

Indianablue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:I love the boy Alvarez but there's something about him not quite up to speed with either English football or our style of play. Seems flat footed at times, not expecting certain obvious passes, sometimes with the ball forces completely the wrong option. Great ball for the meat shield's first goal though. Hopefully he fully gets to grips with things by next season.

What a boy that Norwegian lad is though eh.

Completely disagree about Alvarez. More game game required for him. Great touch, speed, tough as old boots and one of our real grafters , never stops

No I totally agree, the boy's mustard! But we're essentially saying the same thing, once he's got used to the way our football is he'll be flying.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:52 pm

Alvarez has got some nice tricks in him, lovely right foot back heel to set himself up for his left foot strike, good prospect for the future this kid.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:55 pm

s1ty m wrote:I desperately want to avoid The Rags in the semis. A first Manchester cup final is a dream.

Bit worried about the semi final fuck ups to be honest, let’s wait and see who we get. Winner of the all championship game would do, but the rags will get that.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:25 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
s1ty m wrote:I desperately want to avoid The Rags in the semis. A first Manchester cup final is a dream.

Bit worried about the semi final fuck ups to be honest, let’s wait and see who we get. Winner of the all championship game would do, but the rags will get that.
I predict the Rags won't get past Fulham
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby s1ty m » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Given the staggering draws we have had this year, nailed on The Rags. I'll give you great odds.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:02 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

I predict the Rags won't get past Fulham

Fulham for me please. Perhaps that is why they were so abysmal last weekend against the Arse ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:24 am

Kompany is a young manager, but he came across as very irrational and erratic at sometimes yesterday. Screaming and shouting at his players from the side.

Hopefully grows out of it with experience and maybe the occasion got to him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am

I didn't post mumy usual 'I have a feeling we won't win today' post.
Mighr save that for April Dippers Day
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:12 am

Mase wrote:Kompany is a young manager, but he came across as very irrational and erratic at sometimes yesterday. Screaming and shouting at his players from the side.

He got a decent 30 mins from them. They booted Phil up and down. Once we got a split second more on the ball it was curtains. Vinny knew that as did Bellers. They were ok tbf and the six fingered brigade made a great atmosphere. What a week just hope we save some for Bayern & the bin dippers.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:15 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:Kompany is a young manager, but he came across as very irrational and erratic at sometimes yesterday. Screaming and shouting at his players from the side.

He got a decent 30 mins from them. They booted Phil up and down. Once we got a split second more on the ball it was curtains. Vinny knew that as did Bellers. They were ok tbf and the six fingered brigade made a great atmosphere. What a week just hope we save some for Bayern & the bin dippers.

Similar to most of Floyd Mayweather’s fights - just let the opposition wear themselves out and then we pounce. Burnley we’re allowed to be half decent for a bit because we let them. We could have turned it at any point.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:35 am

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

Similar to most of Floyd Mayweather’s fights - just let the opposition wear themselves out and then we pounce. Burnley we’re allowed to be half decent for a bit because we let them. We could have turned it at any point.

Proper game in a cup tie atmosphere. In Haaland we have a ok bring it on he loves it. He is like a throw back. An incredible player but happy to have it with anyone. An older bloke who sits near me said again to his mate if we had him last season we would have double figured Madrid and be defending the CL.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Indianablue » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:05 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:I love the boy Alvarez but there's something about him not quite up to speed with either English football or our style of play. Seems flat footed at times, not expecting certain obvious passes, sometimes with the ball forces completely the wrong option. Great ball for the meat shield's first goal though. Hopefully he fully gets to grips with things by next season.

Completely disagree about Alvarez. More game game required for him. Great touch, speed, tough as old boots and one of our real grafters , never stops

No I totally agree, the boy's mustard! But we're essentially saying the same thing, once he's got used to the way our football is he'll be flying.

His contribution is excellent. Very modest young player and often gets missed in the noise surrounding the rest of our team. I think Pep needs to play him with Haaland more often and for longer. They are both great athletically, just need a better understanding on the pitch and then we'll be unstoppable.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:06 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

Defenders must hate him because he never stops running. He is mustard, i like mustard lol
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Outcast » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:15 am

Indianablue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

Defenders must hate him because he never stops running. He is mustard, i like mustard lol

He's scored more goals than Jesus this season. He's still adapting and there is more room for improvement. His pressing is second to none. I will maintain, him, Foden and Haaland should be regular starters from next season. Mind you, Grealish form has thrown spanner in the works.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum