promotion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

promotion

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:18 pm

burnley are up
sheff u look like they've got 2nd sewn up
the play offs though...
'boro and luton pretty have much secured their places but there are at least 7 if not 8 teams vying for the other 2 spots.
would be pretty funny to see either luton or millwall in the pl next year... city64 would be licking his lips at the prospect of the latter coming up
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: promotion

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:27 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:burnley are up
the play offs though...
'boro and luton pretty have much secured their places but there are at least 7 if not 8 teams vying for the other 2 spots.
would be pretty funny to see either luton or millwall in the pl next year... city64 would be licking his lips at the prospect of the latter coming up

Luton cannot ever be allowed in the top flight, absolute shit hole of a town.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:03 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
the play offs though...

agreed, one hell of a dump. can't think why?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:31 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
the play offs though...

agreed, one hell of a dump. can't think why?

Town full of nonces and rapists.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:27 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
the play offs though...

I've read a couple of articles stating Kenilworth Road isn't fit for hosting PL games. I don't know if they could bring it up to standards during the close season, or if they'd have to move elsewhere while they renovated it.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:05 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
the play offs though...

I've read a couple of articles stating Kenilworth Road isn't fit for hosting PL games. I don't know if they could bring it up to standards during the close season, or if they'd have to move elsewhere while they renovated it.

They are about to break ground on new stadium, but they would need to spend £10M making present ground acceptable, including virtually rebuilding one stand in particular.

Currrent capacity 10.5k
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:49 pm

Love to see preston nick it
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:56 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
the play offs though...

They are about to break ground on new stadium, but they would need to spend £10M making present ground acceptable, including virtually rebuilding one stand in particular.

Currrent capacity 10.5k

Like Bournemouth with 11k. I'd give a promoted side 12 months with their existing facilities then would have a minimum capacity of 15k regulation.

Plenty of sides in the championship with decent facilities who could take their place
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Redna » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Should Luton be promoted I wouldn´t be surprised if they are being forced up 20 miles north to the MKStadium.
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
the play offs though...

Currrent capacity 10.5k

Like Bournemouth with 11k. I'd give a promoted side 12 months with their existing facilities then would have a minimum capacity of 15k regulation.

Plenty of sides in the championship with decent facilities who could take their place

I wouldn't. Much as I dislike Luton, and I really fucking do, for me the only criteria should be sporting ones. They can ground share. tottenham did and loads of other clubs have, so why shouldn't Luton?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:21 pm

^^^^^^
TB, re groundshare. That's fair enough. But the ground played in should meet certain criteria. And to be fair I'd give 12 months grace

Always remember a while back Macc were refused promotion from the conference as their ground was deemed not up to scratch. Despite Chester City playing there on a groundshare in League one at the time. A quite shocking decision really.
nottsblue

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:30 pm

How any City fan can defend Luton, on any issue, is beyond me.

I was THERE when that prat pranced across OUR pitch when we got relegated.

I hope we never ever see them in the premiership.....ever.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:How any City fan can defend Luton, on any issue, is beyond me.

I was THERE when that prat pranced across OUR pitch when we got relegated.

So was I.

I am not “defending” luton, you tart. I am treating them the same as I treat anyone else. Football is about what happens on the field. Not accounting or how big your fucking stadium is. I am looking forward to City putting double figures past them next season if they get up - but that should be decided by footballing criteria, not by random factors off the pitch.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:00 pm

Every league has criteria for clubs playing in it.
I get what you're saying Tokyo but Premier league sides had to replace terraces like the Kippax to become all seater at the cost of many £millions.

Luton knew the criteria and they knew it had to be met if they wanted to be promoted. Their owners failed to do so,, they should take responsibility for their inaction or negligence.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:36 pm

john68 wrote:Every league has criteria for clubs playing in it.
I get what you're saying Tokyo but Premier league sides had to replace terraces like the Kippax to become all seater at the cost of many £millions.

Luton knew the criteria and they knew it had to be met if they wanted to be promoted. Their owners failed to do so,, they should take responsibility for their inaction or negligence.

So, they can close any part of the ground that doesn't "work". Punish the owners, not the fans or the players.

Hopefully, they are not going to win the playoffs anyway. I am hoping a northwest team can get up instead of those arseholes. I think I would even prefer millwall to them.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:47 pm

Looks Like Kaptain K isn't messing around preparing for the Prem.... Burnley started Pre-season yesterday!!!!

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/sta ... 37888?s=20
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Looks Like Kaptain K isn't messing around preparing for the Prem.... Burnley started Pre-season yesterday!!!!

Fucking hell, that's harsh
nottsblue

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Looks Like Kaptain K isn't messing around preparing for the Prem.... Burnley started Pre-season yesterday!!!!

Fucking hell, that's harsh

TBF, their season did finish 4 weeks ago i think, so bearing in mind how little break we've had in recent years, i would say fair play to Vinnie. I really want him to succeed in the Prem, if for nothing more than to show Dyche up for the thuggish fraud he really is.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:39 pm

Luton postpone their first home game v Burnley because apparently the ground isn't ready. Fucking shambles and a tin pot club.

Is there a case they forfeit the points as its their fault? Be a bit harsh but it sets a precedent and clubs in the future call off fixtures for a bullshit reason when they've got important players out
nottsblue

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:54 am

nottsblue wrote:Luton postpone their first home game v Burnley because apparently the ground isn't ready. Fucking shambles and a tin pot club.

Is there a case they forfeit the points as its their fault? Be a bit harsh but it sets a precedent and clubs in the future call off fixtures for a bullshit reason when they've got important players out

Surprised the FA haven't tried to make them play the game at Wembley.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum