Gundo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gundo

Postby Mase » Sun May 14, 2023 7:03 pm

Pep has said after the match that he wants him to stay. He has told the club to do whatever they can.

I must say, if it is Barca he goes to it will leave a sour taste. I really dislike them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues-clues » Sun May 14, 2023 7:11 pm

I hope Barca manage to put a Leo Messiah package together, that way they simply won’t be able to afford quality like Gun-Dog.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 14, 2023 7:28 pm

I am ok with whatever he decides.

I want him to stay, but he gave it all here and City also took care of him. I only want two things: If he goes to leave as a European Uefa Champions League winner and to come back in a decade here as a top manager and win things.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Sun May 14, 2023 7:40 pm

Sam Lee reporting City are only offering one year whilst Barca are offering two which appeals to him. This is RIDICULOUS. Pull your finger out Txiki.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sun May 14, 2023 8:24 pm

blues2win wrote:Sam Lee reporting City are only offering one year whilst Barca are offering two which appeals to him. This is RIDICULOUS. Pull your finger out Txiki.

HTF would Sam Lee know anything about contracts ? We snatched the best young Argentinian prospect for 14 mill. We got Erling when he apparently was going to Madrid.

Gundo , i believe , is going nowhere. This guy is management material. Stay and work with Pep. we are creating a Dynasty. His English, btw, is better than a lot of Mancs .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby s1ty m » Sun May 14, 2023 8:59 pm

I'd offer 2 years on an enhanced salary plus some sort of 3rd year option based on a coaching, bit-part playing role. Gundogan is a rare talent. Brilliant player.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun May 14, 2023 9:04 pm

s1ty m wrote:I'd offer 2 years on an enhanced salary plus some sort of 3rd year option based on a coaching, bit-part playing role. Gundogan is a rare talent. Brilliant player.

Definitely this.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby blues2win » Sun May 14, 2023 9:35 pm

How would Sam Lee know? Very simple. First Gundogan’s agent or sources close to him. The most likely source. Two the Club spinning why City may lose him. Not very clever if true. Third Barca sources. Clubs generally don’t like offering more than a years extension to players past 30 but you have to be flexible.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Mon May 15, 2023 6:11 am

blues2win wrote:How would Sam Lee know? Very simple. First Gundogan’s agent or sources close to him. The most likely source. Two the Club spinning why City may lose him. Not very clever if true. Third Barca sources. Clubs generally don’t like offering more than a years extension to players past 30 but you have to be flexible.

Why would any footballers agent choose Sam Lee to go to and not someone else? He’s been banned from events by the club multiple times.

The guy knows nothing more than you or me. Or that Tomlie numpty.
Last edited by Mase on Mon May 15, 2023 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 15, 2023 6:56 am

It should always be kept in mind that Gundo and Pep have lived in adjoining apartments for the last 7 years.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ruralblue » Mon May 15, 2023 7:01 am

Genuine question and apologise if we fucked it up.

When would Gundo lift the trophy?

If its all over come the weekend would it be presented at home?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby stupot » Mon May 15, 2023 7:44 am

ruralblue wrote:Genuine question and apologise if we fucked it up.

When would Gundo lift the trophy?

If its all over come the weekend would it be presented at home?

If we're Champions on Sunday he'll lift it then.
In the Centurions season we got the trophy last home game against Huddersfield.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Indianablue » Mon May 15, 2023 7:48 am

Got to admit, when he first came i thought he was a little slow and was ok to bring on when a game was won, especially the big matches. I also thought he didnt score enough goals. I still think he's on the slow side and he still misses more than he should but what a player he's grown into over the past couple of seasons. Always committed, fully supported of Pep and he's scored goals at crucial times. Yesterday was brilliant for him but he'd be the first to admit it was for the team. He fully deserves the plaudits he's getting
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Mon May 15, 2023 7:57 am

Indianablue wrote:Got to admit, when he first came i thought he was a little slow and was ok to bring on when a game was won, especially the big matches. I also thought he didnt score enough goals. I still think he's on the slow side and he still misses more than he should but what a player he's grown into over the past couple of seasons. Always committed, fully supported of Pep and he's scored goals at crucial times. Yesterday was brilliant for him but he'd be the first to admit it was for the team. He fully deserves the plaudits he's getting

To be fair, when he first came he did his best Nigel Clough impression and hid behind players so he couldn’t get the ball. Probably more to do with settling in and not being confident. Also Pep used him as a DM rather than the position he players now.

Compare that to how he’s been the past few seasons and he’s stepped up massively.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 15, 2023 8:05 am

If we are being fair, he was recovering from two and a half years of knee ligament injuries when he first started playing regularly for us.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Mon May 15, 2023 8:20 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:If we are being fair, he was recovering from two and a half years of knee ligament injuries when he first started playing regularly for us.

That’s not true. He had a back injury which he had surgery for. He had 10 months out with a ligament injury, definitely not two and a half years.
He played 1994 minutes for Dortmund the season before we got him, the most minutes he’d played in a season bar 2014/15. He was fit when bought and had been playing regularly for them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 15, 2023 8:35 am

He stepped up after Merlin left.
As good as you are, is almost impossible to play in front of a player who was at the same level as Xavi and Iniesta.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 15, 2023 2:19 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:If we are being fair, he was recovering from two and a half years of knee ligament injuries when he first started playing regularly for us.

That’s not true. He had a back injury which he had surgery for. He had 10 months out with a ligament injury, definitely not two and a half years.
He played 1994 minutes for Dortmund the season before we got him, the most minutes he’d played in a season bar 2014/15. He was fit when bought and had been playing regularly for them.

Im sure I remember him having another injury before that, mate, out for more than a year. I’m sure he had two bad injuries at Dortmund. That’s why we got him so cheap. Let’s have a look round…

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ilkay-gun ... eler/53622

My apologies. They were as you say back injuries, not knee injuries. Check page 2, mate.

Not a bad memory considering I can usually barely remember what I’ve had for breakfast. :lol:

Come on, City. Pull your finger out.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dub City » Mon May 15, 2023 2:52 pm

Hopefully he will sign on for another couple of years, but could be the case that if we win the lot this year he decides its time to head off with his wife and baby to Spain or Italy regardless of what length of contract we are offering. I know his wife had slagged off life in Manchester could be that they fancy seeing out his playing days somewhere warmer for raising their kid.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mase » Mon May 15, 2023 3:53 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Im sure I remember him having another injury before that, mate, out for more than a year. I’m sure he had two bad injuries at Dortmund. That’s why we got him so cheap. Let’s have a look round…

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ilkay-gun ... eler/53622

My apologies. They were as you say back injuries, not knee injuries. Check page 2, mate.

Not a bad memory considering I can usually barely remember what I’ve had for breakfast. :lol:

Come on, City. Pull your finger out.

What’s interesting is that he’s hardly been injured for us (or at least it’s not been noticeable) and it was the same with Haaland at Dortmund. Not sure what Dortmund do differently to injure these players or if it’s Pep managing their game time.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum