ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:14 pm

zuricity wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Mase wrote:He’s spoken at an event that some cunt was at so that means he needs replacing?! What in the actual fuck is the world coming to?

Apparently, he was a keynote speaker at an event held by an organisation with slogans including:

"We stand against Jews, gays, abortion, taxation and the European Union".

Ignore any instinct to make crap jokes about tax and/or the EU. These are anti-semitic fascists.

This.

At the end of the day, he might be the best in the business. But if he's stupid enough to not research who organizes events he gives talks at, that speaks more about the calibre of person you need to be to become a top-level referee these days than anything else. And, from the types of people who became referees in the pre-professional era (lawyers, accountants, magistrates, and people who generally have careers that require integrity), I don't buy it for a second that he didn't know what he was doing.

Er, does anybody know what he said at this "conference" ? any quotes anywhere ?

There's absolutely no implication that he said or implied anything racist: it was a 'business networking event'. But the organizer isn't a Farage-era UKIP-style organization that might attract some successful businesspeople to speak; it's more like the 'For Britain Movement' that Morrissey expressed support for.

Here's the event's agenda: https://everest23.pl/ Absolutely normal on the face of things, and if he'd merely attended, fair enough. But he was invited to be a speaker, and accepted that invite, which either shows incredibly poor judgement (which isn't a trait you want in someone whose professional career is basically adjudicating) at best, or something far more sinister at worst.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:27 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
zuricity wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Mase wrote:He’s spoken at an event that some cunt was at so that means he needs replacing?! What in the actual fuck is the world coming to?

Apparently, he was a keynote speaker at an event held by an organisation with slogans including:

"We stand against Jews, gays, abortion, taxation and the European Union".

Ignore any instinct to make crap jokes about tax and/or the EU. These are anti-semitic fascists.

This.

At the end of the day, he might be the best in the business. But if he's stupid enough to not research who organizes events he gives talks at, that speaks more about the calibre of person you need to be to become a top-level referee these days than anything else. And, from the types of people who became referees in the pre-professional era (lawyers, accountants, magistrates, and people who generally have careers that require integrity), I don't buy it for a second that he didn't know what he was doing.

Er, does anybody know what he said at this "conference" ? any quotes anywhere ?

There's absolutely no implication that he said or implied anything racist: it was a 'business networking event'. But the organizer isn't a Farage-era UKIP-style organization that might attract some successful businesspeople to speak; it's more like the 'For Britain Movement' that Morrissey expressed support for.

Here's the event's agenda: https://everest23.pl/ Absolutely normal on the face of things, and if he'd merely attended, fair enough. But he was invited to be a speaker, and accepted that invite, which either shows incredibly poor judgement (which isn't a trait you want in someone whose professional career is basically adjudicating) at best, or something far more sinister at worst.

Poor Judgement ? who are we to decide what poor Judgement is. Did he say something stupid like Maureen did on Wednesday ? Uefa have confirmed he is still Ref next week , so i am sure it is just typical social media dumbness.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:00 pm

zuricity wrote:Poor Judgement ? who are we to decide what poor Judgement is.

I guess you're not the first person in Switzerland to use that line about taking money from a group with the slogan "We stand against Jews[...]".
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby christyinistanbul » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:21 pm

I have the Champions League final ball available in istanbul for sale. Is anyone interested?
christyinistanbul
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:22 pm

christyinistanbul wrote:I have the Champions League final ball available in istanbul for sale. Is anyone interested?

Yeah go on lad. £5 alright?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Paul68 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:26 pm

christyinistanbul wrote:I have the Champions League final ball available in istanbul for sale. Is anyone interested?

My Nigerian prince friend would be interested... Give me your eMail address and I'll pass it on
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:34 pm

Paul68 wrote:

My Nigerian prince friend would be interested... Give me your eMail address and I'll pass it on

The ball is mine Paul! Keep your mits off!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Paul68 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:41 pm

Mase wrote:
Paul68 wrote:

No chance... My mate has fucking millions in an offshore account....
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:46 pm

Paul68 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Paul68 wrote:

Our friend Christy has the genuine match ball that he’ll sell before the match itself to me for a fiver. I’m gonna be a millionaire
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Paul68 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:49 pm

Mase wrote:
Paul68 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Paul68 wrote:

Our friend Christy has the genuine match ball that he’ll sell before the match itself to me for a fiver. I’m gonna be a millionaire

My mate will buy it for 28760.66 naira mate....
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:30 am

Am I getting this ball or what?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:46 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
zuricity wrote:Poor Judgement ? who are we to decide what poor Judgement is.

I guess you're not the first person in Switzerland to use that line about taking money from a group with the slogan "We stand against Jews[...]".

Er, no and probably wont be the last .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:33 am

i'll take 3 of them
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:00 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

i'll take 3 of them

It's gone I've PM'd him.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:42 am

salford city wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

i'll take 3 of them

It's gone I've PM'd him.

are you sure that's not the ball that mahrez skied his penalty with at anfield in 2018? i heard reports that it landed somewhere near istanbul...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:19 am

A word to those staying around the Sultanahmet who fancy trying the Pudding Shop as featured in Midnight Express

....DON'T!!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby tolsnel » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:57 am

Hi

We are looking for ManCity fans that will be in Istanbul for the Final to be part of a matchday video. Please read below for more information if you are interested.

Many Thanks

Are you and your fellow ManCity fans heading to Istanbul for the Champions League Final? That's fantastic news, and we've got even more good news for you! SpoilMe is a startup working on a project to enhance the sport event experience for fans like us. We want to make celebrating achievements easier than ever before. With our app (to be launched), families and friends can pre-purchase special gifts associated with the event to spoil fellow fans in or around the stadium.

On our demo day for the Final, we're giving away some goodies to a group of 4-6 fans. Our partner OFC is a reputable lifestyle and concierge business based in Istanbul. OFC is our local partner and will support us in delivering your spoils. See more on their website and book more services that you would like to experience during your stay -> www.ofc.istanbul

In our free offer, you'll receive free airport transfers, a matchday lunch at a historic kebap restaurant, official t-shirts, and other spoils that will enhance your experience. All we ask is that you capture some footage of your journey. We'll have a videographer with you on matchday and he will capture the day. But we'd love to see more footage from your trip including your travel to Istanbul and experience inside the stadium. Just use your mobile phone, no problem!

Here's what we're looking for:

- Footage at the airport (departure from the UK and arrival to Istanbul)
- Inside the stadium (We can't have a videographer inside the stadium due to tight UEFA regulations, but we'd love to have some clips of you and your friends chanting and enjoying the atmosphere. It would be incredible if your camera is rolling when your team scores a goal, but that's not necessary)
- Permission for us to film your matchday with our videographer and the right to use this footage

Nothing else. No payment, no hassle.

If you're interested, please email us at elad@spoilme.app and let us know the number of people in your group, their ages, gender, and why you're the best choice to be part of this exciting project.
If you are not the lucky group or would like to book further services from OFC, then please contact lale@ofc.istanbul

Thanks in advance, and let's hope Manchester City brings home the Trophy!
tolsnel
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Gundogan

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:23 pm

Got my ticket today, buzzing
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:57 pm

Nick wrote:Got my ticket today, buzzing

Well in Nick
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:10 pm

I'll be on the 2nd flight out of MCR on Saturday nerves will start kicking in Friday.
But if we turn up we'll win I have no doubt
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum