City Launch Legal Challenge Against PL Charges & Barrister

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City Launch Legal Challenge Against PL Charges & Barrist

Postby Indianablue » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Bit naive to tnink we'll walk away from this without major punishment. PL are being forced by cartel to bring the case and punish us. The shit storm being whipped up is scaring them more than our defence team so they will find us guilty of a significant number of the charges to tarnish our reputation, just like UEFA did.

They can’t just say we’re guilty to save face - as far as I’m aware people could be doing time for this? It’s not just a few points being docked - they could really open a can of worms if they just find us guilty because they’re being forced to by the US owned clubs

It isn't a court of law. So far they've managed to draft 115 charges against us, some of them mis-referenced, they've got an independant commision set up for us to be judged, Chaired by an Arsenal supporter? and he gets to pick the other two. Once we are found guilty we can appeal if we wish to an appeal panel set up and organised by the PL . In the interim the media campaign is mounting and an increasing number of turds are hitting the fan.
So far i'd say the PL is doing what the fuck they want and the head of UEFA is supporting them by launching his own defence of their prosecution against us. No one will do time for this on their side
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:09 pm

Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Bit naive to tnink we'll walk away from this without major punishment. PL are being forced by cartel to bring the case and punish us. The shit storm being whipped up is scaring them more than our defence team so they will find us guilty of a significant number of the charges to tarnish our reputation, just like UEFA did.

They can’t just say we’re guilty to save face - as far as I’m aware people could be doing time for this? It’s not just a few points being docked - they could really open a can of worms if they just find us guilty because they’re being forced to by the US owned clubs

It isn't a court of law. So far they've managed to draft 115 charges against us, some of them mis-referenced, they've got an independant commision set up for us to be judged, Chaired by an Arsenal supporter? and he gets to pick the other two. Once we are found guilty we can appeal if we wish to an appeal panel set up and organised by the PL . In the interim the media campaign is mounting and an increasing number of turds are hitting the fan.
So far i'd say the PL is doing what the fuck they want and the head of UEFA is supporting them by launching his own defence of their prosecution against us. No one will do time for this on their side

Surely our sponsorship deals will involve tax etc? If we’ve cooked the books then wouldn’t it involve HMRC if we’re paying someone “off the books”. Mancini would have had to pay more tax, but if he’s getting a kickback from a foreign company for an appearance over there then he won’t be paying tax in the UK on that…

It opens a whole can of worms and people could definitely face jail time.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:25 pm

Mase wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Surely our sponsorship deals will involve tax etc? If we’ve cooked the books then wouldn’t it involve HMRC if we’re paying someone “off the books”. Mancini would have had to pay more tax, but if he’s getting a kickback from a foreign company for an appearance over there then he won’t be paying tax in the UK on that…

It opens a whole can of worms and people could definitely face jail time.

I've heard from a few blues with a greater understanding than me that the Mancini issue is a non event. He was paid separately by a third party for services rendered to a third party. I'm pretty sure there will be no link to City 's books un proveable and the sums in the scheme of things are miniscule. The sponsorship is another one that they would have to argue is completely disproportionate to the market at that time but has it worked out that way, the exposure has proved very beneficial for them. Its all going to come down to what the commision feel based on what the drummed up circumstantial evidence already examined in the main by UEFA. I think we had a fairer crack on appeal after UEFA when CAS cleared us. This time i'm not convinced at all. The yank cartels and European old guard want to see us fucked over, we are a massive fly in their ointment. we'll all know sooner or later
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:55 pm

Meh.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:19 pm

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:42 pm

patrickblue wrote:Image

Brilliant :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:30 pm

Was thinking who's the worst hater in that picture. Apart from the king of cunts himself, for me it's that odious twat keys.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:38 pm

sheblue wrote:

Was thinking who's the worst hater in that picture. Apart from the king of cunts himself, for me it's that odious twat keys.

Over Jordan?

Unless you meant he was the king. And that term is used in the loosest possible sense
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:45 pm

sheblue wrote:

I was going to say it's the ever obnoxious Allyson Rudd next to bacon, but I've just realised it's Hucknell.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:01 am

patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I was going to say it's the ever obnoxious Allyson Rudd next to bacon, but I've just realised it's Hucknell.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:46 am

Is it not Phil Mitchell in a wig next to bacon?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:38 am

underlines the difference between our stitch up and Everton's blatant disregard of the cartel's corrupt rules.
Watch on youtube.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BuSoRtZaKQ&t=552s
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:44 pm

I’m sure I read when the charges were initially announced that some of the charges weren’t related to FFP - like grass length being wrong.

Or do all 115 charges relate to FFP?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Mase wrote:I’m sure I read when the charges were initially announced that some of the charges weren’t related to FFP - like grass length being wrong.

By all accounts the prem themselves don't know they are :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:51 pm

Mase wrote:I’m sure I read when the charges were initially announced that some of the charges weren’t related to FFP - like grass length being wrong.

Read this on Bluemoon

Why 115 Charges?

There are not 115 wholly different charges. There are essentially three charges:

City overstated their revenue
City understated their expenses
City have failed to comply with various regulatory requirements
The first relates principally to the allegation that the sponsorship from Etihad and Etisalat was in fact disguised equity funding from ADUG

The second relates to the Al Jazira ‘second contract’ for Roberto Mancini and image rights players for (IIRC) Yaya Toure in particular

The third includes a series of allegations that we have not complied with the PL’s FFP rules, UEFAs FFP rules and the PLs requirement that we should co-operate with an ongoing investigation.

It is however alleged that each of these alleged offences is committed across multiple seasons. One separate charge relates to each instance of alleged wrongdoing over each of the 10 seasons or so that the charges cover.

If you want an analogy, imagine you drove from London to Manchester at a steady 100mph and got caught by 12 speeding cameras. Each represents a separate charge, but they are different aspects of the same basic allegation.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:19 pm

carolina-blue wrote:

Read this on Bluemoon

Why 115 Charges?

There are not 115 wholly different charges. There are essentially three charges:

The first relates principally to the allegation that the sponsorship from Etihad and Etisalat was in fact disguised equity funding from ADUG

The second relates to the Al Jazira ‘second contract’ for Roberto Mancini and image rights players for (IIRC) Yaya Toure in particular

The third includes a series of allegations that we have not complied with the PL’s FFP rules, UEFAs FFP rules and the PLs requirement that we should co-operate with an ongoing investigation.

It is however alleged that each of these alleged offences is committed across multiple seasons. One separate charge relates to each instance of alleged wrongdoing over each of the 10 seasons or so that the charges cover.

If you want an analogy, imagine you drove from London to Manchester at a steady 100mph and got caught by 12 speeding cameras. Each represents a separate charge, but they are different aspects of the same basic allegation.

Cheers mate
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:37 am

Mase wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Read this on Bluemoon

Why 115 Charges?

Cheers mate

The stuff about grass length etc came about because on the original premier league statement they only quoted the rule numbers we had broken not the descriptions and they were quoting from an old version of the rule book so the rule numbers we were being accused of weren't aligned.

Shows how shambolic it was and still is and a sign of how it was all rushed out before the announcement of the independent regulator.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:58 am

Nickyboy wrote:
Mase wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Read this on Bluemoon

Why 115 Charges?

Cheers mate

The stuff about grass length etc came about because on the original premier league statement they only quoted the rule numbers we had broken not the descriptions and they were quoting from an old version of the rule book so the rule numbers we were being accused of weren't aligned.

Shows how shambolic it was and still is and a sign of how it was all rushed out before the announcement of the independent regulator.

Brilliant, nice one
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:29 pm

Currently trying to defend the Sheikh from cartel vandals in his Wikipedia article - last two entries from its Talk Page below

Have you ever stopped to consider that your presence here on this page is the fruit of sportswashing? Its hard to imagine you would be editing this page if not for the acquisition of your beloved team by the article's subject. Why do people use sportswashing? Because it works. Horse Eye's Back (talk) 19:13, 21 February 2024 (UTC)

It didn't though did it? Simply a gratuitous slur on the owner of currently the most successful football club on the planet. The economic rivals of City just substituted the term for 'financial doping' in their interminable 'cheating oil club' narratives. Those US hedge fund owned clubs need an early profit return & can't compete with our long term investment model so they resort to confected reputational damage on steroids - lots of redshirt fan clicks for journos recycling their anti City propaganda, the currency of success in that profession these days.

The UK media lost interest in the sportwashing fiction a long time ago though - moving on to exploit a similarly ridiculous "115 charges" fabrication. Its inevitable rejected outcome in two years time doesn't matter, they just need to feed their fanbases the myth that their failure and City's success is the result of dirty deeds.

Incidentally, the WP sportswashing entry prominently references in its overview the same piece of pathetic trademark proven nonsense from the Guardian in 2019 as linked on here. It complains about our £7m Arabtec sponsorship but no mention anywhere of Fly Emirates continuing deals for ten times the amount with Arsenal FC, the prime mover of the 'cheat' agenda along with Man Utd & Liverpool. [1](These 3 clubs aren't 'foreign-owned' of course, the USA doesn't feature in the criteria for that wiki section despite regularly appearing above the UAE on the Human Rights Watch table of worst offenders.)

Our owners haven't ever bothered to respond to any of these attacks beyond brief statements of total rejection. The fans have got used to them too over the last 13 years but it's a shame WP has now been tainted - as you say the price of its consensus approach but I would add also some uncritical editing. Both my 'beloved' football club and our beloved WP may have their faults but deserve better than some of the content in these entries.

Horatius At The Bridge (talk) 22:41, 22 February 2024 (UTC)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mans ... sy_Section
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:08 pm

Everton 10 point deduction reduced to 6 on appeal. Wonder why
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum