City Launch Legal Challenge Against PL Charges & Barrister

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City Launch Legal Challenge Against PL Charges & Barrist

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:59 am

carolina-blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:https://www.lcfc.com/news/3939567/lcfc-statement--22-march-2024?lang=en

Leicester taking both the English Football League and the Premier League to Court. They don’t trust the independence of a EFL or Premier League Commission to adjudicate their cases.

I bet they could really do with our help right now. Lawyer advice etc. Shame they tried to fuck us.

Not sure Mase my enemies enemy an all that ?

Definitely a case of "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer still".
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:38 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
blues2win wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261817/Arsenal-Manchester-United-financial-fair-play-plot-ruin-Premier-League--Martin-Samuel.html

This argument by Martin Samuel was published in 2013. It foretold the future. Stop owner investment and protect the cartel.

Remember reading this article when it was published. Reading it again is just a Wow moment. He's got everything absolutely spot on! This article should be repeated in every footie program ad infinitum until the masses realise how they were conned into thinking FFP was anything other than a protectionist attempt to keep the established order. An IQ of about 10 is all that is needed to see FFP for what it was.
Martin Samuel deserves a knighthood for that piece of prophetic magnificence :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:20 pm

According to this, https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/arsenal/jurrien-timber-injury-man-city-premier-league-023047-20240319 Etihad are apparently looking to go public on the stock exchange, which would mean their accounts would be put in the public domain.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be doing this if there was something dodgy in them.

EDIT: You'll need to scroll down, it's the 4th article after all the Arsenal shite.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

From Super City

Etihad Airways are preparing a stock market IPO (initial public offering) following a profitable performance in 2023.
This process would allow full disclosure of all financial accounts and transactions to potential investors.
This is very bad news for the Premier League, who have the Etihad sponsorship deal at City under scrutiny as part of their 115 charges.
If it came to light that Etihad executives were involved in manipulating the sponsorship deal with City, it could cause serious damage to the company’s reputation in the eyes of potential investors, if there are any skeletons in the closet, presenting the company accounts for IPO will uncover them.
Which begs the question… Why would Etihad Airways consider a move like this knowing it will have a negative impact on both Manchester City and themselves?
The answer is; they wouldn’t. Because they’ve done nothing wrong.
Etihad wouldn’t be willing to grant unfettered access into their financial affairs and corporate practices if it would uncover a smoking gun to prove fraud had been committed.
The Premier Leagues accusation is that City executives have colluded with officials from Etihad and have lied not only to the club’s independent auditors, but also to UEFA and The Premier League. By extension, that also calls into question what information was disclosed by City’s owners to Silverlake before the American private equity firm bought a significant stake in the club in 2019. That’s why the Premier League’s allegations go way beyond accusing City of failing to meet Profit and Sustainability Rules.
Throw in the mix the stake purchased by a Chinese consortium and that makes five separate entities that City would have had to bare face lie to the entire time… How likely you think it is that our world class investment magnates would go to such deceptive lengths is entirely up to you.
I know where my money would be, and it wouldn’t be backing them to be frauds.
CAS have already ruled that any suggestion of a conspiracy involving executives of both City and Etihad, as well as high-ranking Abu Dhabi officials and even members of the country’s Royal Family was beyond the realms of possibility.
This is really really not going well for the Premier League, and all the millions of rival fans who are not privy to this information (by choice) are going to be a sight to see. Stock up on popcorn blues, it’s going to be BIBLICAL.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

Heard about this the other day. It all points to another nail in the Premier Leagues witch hunt coffin.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 pm

Can we then sue the premier league once the accusations have been well and truly dismissed ?

Id want City to sue them...sue everyone involved for dragging us through the mud.

Id also like Simon Jordan to be hung drawn and quartered .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can we then sue the premier league once the accusations have been well and truly dismissed ?

Id want City to sue them...sue everyone involved for dragging us through the mud.

I'd pay good money to watch that last bit.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can we then sue the premier league once the accusations have been well and truly dismissed ?

Me too,
I'd also really enjoy watching Tebas squirm.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

patrickblue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Me too,
I'd also really enjoy watching Tebas squirm.

Tebas?

I’d put that fat slug cunt in a bath of salt
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:45 am

So , what they really want to do is fuck City over first and foremost and then change all the rules once City are 'out of the way'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... oints.html
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Scatman » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:So , what they really want to do is fuck City over first and foremost and then change all the rules once City are 'out of the way'

It's such a bloody mess they've got themselves into. It wouldn't surprise me if they made it all retrospective and gave Forest and Everton their points back just so they can justify not expelling us (which would be very bad for business and for their hopes of us jot screwing them over in the courts) and simply giving us a huge fine which they would call a luxury tax to be distributed to the other teams in the league to placate them a bit more.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:22 pm

Scatman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:So , what they really want to do is fuck City over first and foremost and then change all the rules once City are 'out of the way'

It's such a bloody mess they've got themselves into. It wouldn't surprise me if they made it all retrospective and gave Forest and Everton their points back just so they can justify not expelling us (which would be very bad for business and for their hopes of us jot screwing them over in the courts) and simply giving us a huge fine which they would call a luxury tax to be distributed to the other teams in the league to placate them a bit more.

I was thinking on similar lines, is this the way they get themselves out of the shit they have got themselves in. Looks like this is the total opposite of the original FFP.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 pm

Scatman wrote:

I hope we don’t even let them get away with giving us a fine As we once heard”
we have taken the pinch” And the twats have been manipulated by the shithouse red tops into dragging our club through the mud , go for the throat CITY
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby salford city » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:29 pm

Everton docked a further 2 points for second breach only 2 points above the drop zone now
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:46 pm

Not clear whether the decision on the appeal will be heard before the end of the season. Masters and co should resign. Complete shambles.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:38 pm

salford city wrote:Everton docked a further 2 points for second breach only 2 points above the drop zone now

So Everton’s first punishment was 10 points. Reduced to 6 on appeal
Forest have been docked 4 points. Appeal yet to be heard
Everton’s second punishment is now just 2 points. Unsure yet of any appeal

So three different punishments for as far as I can see, the same offence. Not complying with PSR in a three year window. Unless the amount of loss is a barometer of a points deduction maybe? Which would make the decision to scrap these current PSRs clearer, as I believe the rags lost £150M last year which would put them in a very awkward position in the next couple of years. Whereas the change to a percentage of turnover unsurprisingly will benefit them and the other two red shirted twats.

Anyone would think the PL doesn’t actually know what rules are what and what punishment to hand out. Clueless dicks
nottsblue

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:46 pm

No doubt the number 115 will start appearing again after this latest deduction of points. They will not miss an opportunity to stick the knife in City.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:49 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:No doubt the number 115 will start appearing again after this latest deduction of points. They will not miss an opportunity to stick the knife in City.

The top comment of the BBC HYS. Predictably

Read through a dozen or so comments and gave up. People simply are either stupid or just trolling for the sake of it and I suspect in a large proportion of cases, it’s both
nottsblue

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:No doubt the number 115 will start appearing again after this latest deduction of points. They will not miss an opportunity to stick the knife in City.

The top comment of the BBC HYS. Predictably

Read through a dozen or so comments and gave up. People simply are either stupid or just trolling for the sake of it and I suspect in a large proportion of cases, it’s both

Heard Pardew on talk shite talking about the Evilton fine and as sure as eggs are eggs the Shit spewed out Why have we not heard about City utter Cunt
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby patrickblue » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:20 pm

Big BBC article about FFP and points deductions and we aren't mentioned once.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68764608
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum