***Brentford v Champions Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Brentford v Champions Official Match Thread***

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon May 29, 2023 8:19 am

Mase wrote:Also, Kompany should be nowhere near being our manager EVER if he’s the one that’s recommended Gomez. It’s like watching a kid play.

Second season he will be better same with Philips, if he stays. We have seen it mate. As for Palmer with some beef he will be class imo.
MIAMCFC
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PaulieIrish » Mon May 29, 2023 8:33 am

And what the heck was this new kick out routine about? Obviously wasn’t working but we kept doing it.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby sheblue » Mon May 29, 2023 8:43 am

I am a little concerned about all this talk of players not training etc. Was surprised Pep didn't go for a stronger line up yesterday for a bit of sharpness. Only one outfield player, Walker, played who has a realistic chance of starting either final. Barring these 'injuries' that is.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon May 29, 2023 9:17 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:Also, Kompany should be nowhere near being our manager EVER if he’s the one that’s recommended Gomez. It’s like watching a kid play.

Second season he will be better same with Philips, if he stays. We have seen it mate. As for Palmer with some beef he will be class imo.

Perhaps we should have kept Nolito for a second season then mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Mon May 29, 2023 9:33 am

We have the best manager in the world and top notch sports scientists and physios. They have a pretty good idea of who needs what minutes and how much training. Pep didn’t risk injuries to our top players either. The squad will have three days of training for the Cup Final which ought to be enough. If we lose on Saturday it won’t be because we lost against Brentford or didn’t risk players to play in meaningless games. Most likely it will be because of poor refereeing decisions and bad luck. Anything can happen in one match. The best team doesn’t always win. We really should do so though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon May 29, 2023 9:44 am

blues2win wrote:We have the best manager in the world and top notch sports scientists and physios. They have a pretty good idea of who needs what minutes and how much training. Pep didn’t risk injuries to our top players either. The squad will have three days of training for the Cup Final which ought to be enough. If we lose on Saturday it won’t be because we lost against Brentford or didn’t risk players to play in meaningless games. Most likely it will be because of poor refereeing decisions and bad luck. Anything can happen in one match. The best team doesn’t always win. We really should do so though.

This.

We rarely play our starters in pre-season friendlies, despite them having had a far longer rest. Although we knew Brentford (unlike Brighton) had nothing to play for, I trust the decisions of Pep (and his backroom staff) as to how much match-fitness our players need.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby blues2win » Mon May 29, 2023 11:20 am

There’s a legitimate concern that United players might want it that bit more because they’ve nothing else to go for. Now is the time for Pep to stress the chance of winning the treble for the first time this century. Bernardo for one seemed right up for winning the FA Cup.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon May 29, 2023 11:39 am

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

The list of players wrote off by some makes me chuckle tbh. Mahrez Gundo spring to mind!!! Trust the process.
MIAMCFC

Postby Mase » Mon May 29, 2023 2:23 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

The list of players wrote off by some makes me chuckle tbh. Mahrez Gundo spring to mind!!! Trust the process.

Mahrez - already won the Premier League and was class for Leicester. No one wrote him off.

Gundo - started poorly, but was being played out of position in DM and even when he was poor you could see there was something there.

What has Gomez shown this season for anyone to think he’ll be better next year? Genuinely, please tell me. This utter bollocks “they’ll be better next year” for every player that is crap is nonsense. And the fact Pep doesn’t trust Philips and openly called him out after the WC says it all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon May 29, 2023 2:31 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

Mahrez - already won the Premier League and was class for Leicester. No one wrote him off.

Gundo - started poorly, but was being played out of position in DM and even when he was poor you could see there was something there.

What has Gomez shown this season for anyone to think he’ll be better next year? Genuinely, please tell me. This utter bollocks “they’ll be better next year” for every player that is crap is nonsense. And the fact Pep doesn’t trust Philips and openly called him out after the WC says it all.

Gundo has been world class for a decade. You just did not see it. Mahrez settled in class always comes through.

A little look at Gomez in the Derby gives me hope he has something. Anyway let’s enjoy the next fortnight the sun’s shining mate.
MIAMCFC

Postby Indianablue » Mon May 29, 2023 2:46 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

Mendy showed more than Gomez and Bernardo offered more in defence and attack. Ake is the obvious choice
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Nick » Mon May 29, 2023 2:57 pm

Gomez clearly isn't a player.

50/50 on kalvin.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon May 29, 2023 3:10 pm

Nick wrote:Gomez clearly isn't a player.

50/50 on kalvin.

Yeah, although disappointed with the result, it did showcase the fringe players, and Gomez/Phillips are clearly not up to City standard.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 29, 2023 6:40 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

50/50 on kalvin.

Yeah, although disappointed with the result, it did showcase the fringe players, and Gomez/Phillips are clearly not up to City standard.

Gomez is a footballer. Just not one good enough for City. Sheffield United might be his level. He needs no further game time and chances

Phillips I think will be given until Xmas to shape up or be shifted out in January. IMO he also will be proved not good enough for City. Unless West Ham come calling as a Rice replacement and we may try to get our money back this summer
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Mon May 29, 2023 8:05 pm

Gomez and Phillips won't be starting next two matches that's for sure. As long as they stay away from the pitch for next two matches its all good. Its another debate what we'll do with them next summer. I can't see Gomez staying. The only reason Phillips might stay is to fulfill homegrown quota.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Outcast » Mon May 29, 2023 8:05 pm

Gomez and Phillips won't be starting next two matches that's for sure. As long as they stay away from the pitch for next two matches its all good. Its another debate what we'll do with them next summer. I can't see Gomez staying. The only reason Phillips might stay is to fulfill homegrown quota.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Mon May 29, 2023 8:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

50/50 on kalvin.

Gomez is a footballer. Just not one good enough for City. Sheffield United might be his level. He needs no further game time and chances

Phillips I think will be given until Xmas to shape up or be shifted out in January. IMO he also will be proved not good enough for City. Unless West Ham come calling as a Rice replacement and we may try to get our money back this summer

Briefly saw an excert of an interview with Phillips either MuEN or BBC Mcr.

He vows to go away and come back fitter to challenge Rodri and Gundo and he appreciates its going to be hard as those two are first picks for team sheet.

I think the lad has gotten over himself after the move here and realises he is now very much little fish that needs to grow to the much bigger pond he is now in.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum