The View from Etihad South

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from Etihad South

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:01 pm

I have tried to be cool about this game, and I am absolutely not. My brain tells me that we are the better side, but I am still beyond nervous. These are some of the short comments from their matchday thread, and I think we get the general idea of how they are feeling. Let’s just get this wrapped up in 90 minutes with no injuries. Is that too much to ask?

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistant Referees: Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Reserve Assistant Referee: Adrian Holmes
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Assistant VAR: Simon Long

Team Selection

DDG
AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
Fred Casemiro
Eriksen
Bruno Rashford Sancho

And the rest…

The kit man must make sure everyone packs some lube.

Hopefully Pep rests some of his key players for the CL final as surely that’s the one they want to win the most.

They've lost momentum with the early title win and resting players while we've kept winning. We'll win this imo.

4-1 City. They can turn it when they need to. I think we will huff and puff, miss some good chances and then they will just steam roll us once they get their first.

Take it to pens and do em. Their players are shit on penalties whereas we seem to be pros now

Our biggest game for years and years. In some respect the most important since the 1999 CL final itself. That one was to create history. This one is to now defend the exclusivity of that history.
Remember in October when we tried to play them and got battered 6-3? the three goals flattered us as well.

We need to play Fred otherwise we are going to get overun in that midfield on that big pitch.

What are the chances of Foden starting? Swear he always has a worldie against us.

feck Man City…We are Manchester United, Manchester is RED and no matter how good they may or may not be we WILL win this.

It's just one game. Be willing to suffer and just stay in the game. We can do this.

I've lost my mojo for this final, I wish it was the final leg of City's potential treble to heighten the stakes. It feels like a comfortable 3-1 City victory.

Can't they get some injuries for christ sake? I swear KDB and Haaland play every game 120 minutes

We need a miracle.

I'm fecking dreading it, to be honest. Don't think I've been this nervous for a final since the 2008 Champions League one. I just want to fast-forward to the full-time whistle. There's too much on this game for my nerves!

If Wigan could beat City, so can we.

Just want to see a bit of desire, physicality and aggression.

I think they will ease off. This rivalry isn't 'personal' and it probably doesn't mean all that much to City's players. They'll want to conserve energy and stay fit for the Champions League final. I think we'll get away with a 2-3 goal defeat.

Ten Hag has never lost a cup final as Manchester United manager and he's never been defeated at Wembley. Ten Hag has never lost a cup final as Manchester United manager and he's never been defeated at Wembley.

Antony and Martial are out, who's gonna keep the ball under pressure then?

City.

I cant wait for tomorrow, I really hope we hammer them to shut up their fans that have been mouthing off about how they are going to crush us.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from Etihad South

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:22 pm

Cheers CM i admire your comittment by going there.......

Well for starters this cunt needs a geography lesson, a fiver say he's never even been to MCR let alone the shithouse swamp......

feck Man City…We are Manchester United, Manchester is RED and no matter how good they may or may not be we WILL win this.

And this fella clutching at straws, it was 10yrs ago you fucknut (& the wettest day of my life)

If Wigan could beat City, so can we.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:29 pm

Cheers CM as usual

They are fearful. And with good reason

Imagine what these comments would have been a decade ago.

Most rags I've spoke to in the last month are shitting it and a fair few would have rather lost in the semi to avoid getting beat at Wembley.

Quietly confident
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Paul68 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:46 am

Ten Hag has never lost a cup final as Manchester United manager and he's never been defeated at Wembley. Ten Hag has never lost a cup final as Manchester United manager and he's never been defeated at Wembley.

Fucking has now hasn't he????
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Return to The Maine Football forum