PL Games August 18, 19, 20, 21.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games August 18, 19, 20, 21.

Postby branny » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:32 pm

That looked like he was clipped by Rice. Blind eye to the imaginary yellow card as well.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby branny » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That’s why the likes of Smith, Neville and Carragher pundit these games, always trying to protect their teams. Smith must’ve thought the red could’ve been overturned until his sidekick told him that a second yellow cannot be overturned by VAR.

Oh, Arsenal will still have eleven, Ayew playing for them.

Throws a leg out there, and the bullshit continues. High bar, clear and obvious, the pundits just brush it under.

Don’t know how Ayew has forged a career at pl level. He’s woeful every time I watch Palace.
branny

Postby branny » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:37 pm

Fuck me. A back 4 and 3 cdms.
branny

Postby branny » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:40 pm

Ok the sending off was harsh. Havertz should have been booked for time wasting at the throw and then the shirt pull on Ayew
branny

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:43 pm

branny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That’s why the likes of Smith, Neville and Carragher pundit these games, always trying to protect their teams. Smith must’ve thought the red could’ve been overturned until his sidekick told him that a second yellow cannot be overturned by VAR.

Oh, Arsenal will still have eleven, Ayew playing for them.

Throws a leg out there, and the bullshit continues. High bar, clear and obvious, the pundits just brush it under.

Don’t know how Ayew has forged a career at pl level. He’s woeful every time I watch Palace.

Same here. He must be thinking how he’s got away with pretending to be a footballer, never mind a firward.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:45 pm

branny wrote:Ok the sending off was harsh. Havertz should have been booked for time wasting at the throw and then the shirt pull on Ayew

I don’t think it was harsh, just a consequence of their niggly, timewatsting tactics and them being absolute cunts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
branny wrote:Ok the sending off was harsh. Havertz should have been booked for time wasting at the throw and then the shirt pull on Ayew

I don’t think it was harsh, just a consequence of their niggly, timewatsting tactics and them being absolute cunts.

Think it was harsh on Tomiyasu. Havertz was the main culprit with the time wasting at the throw and Tomiyasu barely touched Ayew for the second. Havertz got away with a blatant shirt pull almost straight after they went down to ten. He’s finally been booked for kicking the ball away. In my opinion he should have walked & not Tomiyasu.
branny

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:59 pm

Such a joy to see the SKY commentary team so delighted with the result for "their boys - on the road to a potential title"
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:00 pm

branny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Think it was harsh on Tomiyasu. Havertz was the main culprit with the time wasting at the throw and Tomiyasu barely touched Ayew for the second. Havertz got away with a blatant shirt pull almost straight after they went down to ten. He’s finally been booked for kicking the ball away. In my opinion he should have walked & not Tomiyasu.
23 seconds for the throw in, should have booked them both.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:24 pm

branny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fair points, mate, but it seemed to be the whole that led to the individual going. Take time to do throw-in, pass the ball on and then take even longer to do so. Definition of wasting time and the ref would look a twat after warning them so many times. Then the individual niggly fouls, and further time wasting, at some point he had to take action. Note that it took a long time for the second yellow to be pulled and it was only after the pundits called it harsh, did the narrative change.

Like I said earlier, this Arsenal team is very hard to like and even though I thought they were the best team for the start of last season, they truly riled me with their obvious tactics of wasting time, diving, mid-game tactic talks and the general attitude of their (never to be mentioned along with MCFC) shit-Cunt manager.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:28 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Such a joy to see the SKY commentary team so delighted with the result for "their boys - on the road to a potential title"

Not paid for it for many years and usually watch on the PL channel. Never watch anything but the game as we all know it will all be about the red tops with the slags of football trying to sell you the red top dream, accompanied by a talking head for ‘real independence’.

Sky don’t have sports channels, they sell entertainment and have turned the PL into WWE.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:52 am

Just seen that we're now the only team to have not conceded a goal in the league to date.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:28 am

Just watched the highlights from last night.

Any reason why Eze didn’t get a penalty?
Did VAR look at Partey holding one of their players to stop them getting to the player that got the penalty for them?
The sending off seemed harsh.
Arsenal looked fuckin shite.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:58 am

Mase wrote:Just watched the highlights from last night.

Did VAR look at Partey holding one of their players to stop them getting to the player that got the penalty for them?

Yes, Eze doesn't play for Arsenal.
No.
Yes it was harsh.
They looked OK, interesting to see how they cope with more defensive set ups this season, they might struggle a bit there. Rice got huge praise, but truth is he played OK. Nothing as fantastic as the media would have you think.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:01 am

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Just watched the highlights from last night.

Yes, Eze doesn't play for Arsenal.
No.
Yes it was harsh.
They looked OK, interesting to see how they cope with more defensive set ups this season, they might struggle a bit there. Rice got huge praise, but truth is he played OK. Nothing as fantastic as the media would have you think.

I did see Rice getting a lot of praise. I can honestly say I’ve never seen him have a good game. Not sure whether that’s because I don’t support England and I’ve only ever seen him play against City.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:55 am

Klopp demanded it and he got his wish. What a way to admit VAR isn’t fit for purpose

Alexis Mac Allister: Liverpool midfielder's red card against Bournemouth is overturned
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:24 am

Mase wrote:Klopp demanded it and he got his wish. What a way to admit VAR isn’t fit for purpose

Alexis Mac Allister: Liverpool midfielder's red card against Bournemouth is overturned

amazed he was sent off for that challenge and that that twat anthony gordon was only yellow carded for a much worse one on reuben
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:28 am

Mase wrote:Klopp demanded it and he got his wish. What a way to admit VAR isn’t fit for purpose

It wasn't worthy of a red card
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:39 am

nottsblue wrote:

Why didn’t VAR overturn it? If VAR doesn’t change the decision then the FA shouldn’t be able to. VAR purpose is to look at these decisions and correct them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:43 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Why didn’t VAR overturn it? If VAR doesn’t change the decision then the FA shouldn’t be able to. VAR purpose is to look at these decisions and correct them.

VAR are morons?

See Wolves' non penalty award v the rags. Every person who has ever watched a game of football saw it was a penalty. Except the match officials on and off the pitch.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum