Welcome Matheus Nunes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Welcome Matheus Nunes

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:54 am

We’ve put a bid in and already agreed personal terms -

Anyone seen him play? Didn’t he get sent off at the weekend?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Welcome Matheus Nunes?

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:18 am

He was decent against the rags, only decent match i ever seen him play and even then he couldnt finish his dinner.

His stats arent great, I dont understand how after such a poor showing last season you get a move to the best team in the world? Hows that possible?

Our recruitment towards the end of this window, in fact maybe for the whole window has been questionable. Like the half hearted bid for Rice, what was that all about? Paqueta? Nunes now, even doku’s stats are very average not to mention his injury problems. It stinks of rodwell/sinclair summer!

Have a shit to average season and get a mega money move to the best team in the world and arguably the best team of all time? Its mental.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:18 am

Dubciteh wrote:He was decent against the rags, only decent match i ever seen him play and even then he couldnt finish his dinner.

His stats arent great, I dont understand how after such a poor showing last season you get a move to the best team in the world? Hows that possible?

Our recruitment towards the end of this window, in fact maybe for the whole window has been questionable. Like the half hearted bid for Rice, what was that all about? Paqueta? Nunes now, even doku’s stats are very average not to mention his injury problems. It stinks of rodwell/sinclair summer!

Have a shit to average season and get a mega money move to the best team in the world and arguably the best team of all time? Its mental.

Not to mention I dont even think Nunes plays in a position we need, we need a creative number 10 not a number 8.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:21 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:He was decent against the rags, only decent match i ever seen him play and even then he couldnt finish his dinner.

Not to mention I dont even think Nunes plays in a position we need, we need a creative number 10 not a number 8.

do you know that there's an edit function?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:22 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I prefer to talk to myself.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:26 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I prefer to talk to myself.

***thumb up***
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:28 am

Agree

Pep likes nunes

He's going for ball carriers, maybe to counter teams move to man marking

Agree though underwhelmed by goal and assist stats by our signings given the departures.

Although gundos highest tally pre us was something like 5
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:36 am

We have signed a good few players who were not established `stars` at the time of signing for us. Players like Rodri, Dias, B Silva, Akanji etc. who went on to improve considerably under Pep. Pep must see the same development potential in this lad.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:28 am

Another one for a long future of success.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:48 am

One thing’s for sure. Txiki and co are not agonising between Nunes and Eze. They’re totally different players. Nunes would really help carry the load for Rodri and I guess he’s our number one target. We could go for both although Kevin will hopefully be back for the business half of the season. On balance I think that’s unlikely. Grealish Doku and Kovacic will be expected to chip in with some goals and then there’s Alvarez.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:54 am

blues2win wrote:One thing’s for sure. Txiki and co are not agonising between Nunes and Eze. They’re totally different players. Nunes would really help carry the load for Rodri and I guess he’s our number one target. We could go for both although Kevin will hopefully be back for the business half of the season. On balance I think that’s unlikely. Grealish Doku and Kovacic will be expected to chip in with some goals and then there’s Alvarez.

We have more chance of Ed scoring a goal than Grealish .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:02 pm

Bid rejected by Wolves
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Of course they have. Did anyone expect them to go snap first time round? There’ll be a second bid maybe a third. I think we’ll get him tbh.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:23 pm

blues2win wrote:Of course they have. Did anyone expect them to go snap first time round? There’ll be a second bid maybe a third. I think we’ll get him tbh.

He looks like the type to down tools if he doesn’t get to leave. Having said that isn’t he banned for Wolves next match anyway?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:40 pm

If this happens surely we are selling Fatty Phillips, right? Gotta be.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:08 pm

PeterParker wrote:If this happens surely we are selling Fatty Phillips, right? Gotta be.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. He is on a big enough contract.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:03 am

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:If this happens surely we are selling Fatty Phillips, right? Gotta be.

Apparently his agent has said he’s happy to sit out his contract at £150k a week with 4 years still left. Something like £36m I read he’s be owed.

Whoever signed off on that signing needs to be dragged over the coals. He is and was nowhere near our level and it could be seen from his first match.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 am

Rice is a pound shop Nunes :lol: :lol:
Watch on youtube.com
Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:25 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Apparently his agent has said he’s happy to sit out his contract at £150k a week with 4 years still left. Something like £36m I read he’s be owed.

Whoever signed off on that signing needs to be dragged over the coals. He is and was nowhere near our level and it could be seen from his first match.

IF that is true then that shows the mark of the man. Never understand anyone who is willing to sit around and not play, happy to pocket the money - regardless of how much that is. Where is your pride mate? With this and the gossip that we are offering Cancelo to Farca on a season long loan without an option to buy, two examples of how things can quickly go sour.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:15 am

Nunes v Man City
Watch on youtube.com

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City