Cole Palmer - Deal Agreed with Chelsea

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Cole Palmer - Deal Agreed with Chelsea

Postby aaron bond » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:14 pm

blues2win wrote:I saw the ridiculous Delaney attack ( presumably on us) for selling academy players. We offer young players with talent and application a superb football education. Inevitably the vast majority won’t make it to the City first team but if they get a good career they benefit. The idea that we shouldn’t benefit too for our investment in them is crackers.

If you’re still at City when you’re aged 20/21, even if you don’t make it with us you are still going to have a good career at some level.

Even if it’s not Premier League, you’ll still be at a professional club, earning good money and living the dream of playing football as a job.

We are the best team in the world so it is extremely difficult to break into our side. Cole Palmer hasn’t shown he’s good enough for us but he’s going to have a good career and we are the ones who gave that to him.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:56 pm

blues2win wrote:I saw the ridiculous Delaney attack ( presumably on us) for selling academy players. We offer young players with talent and application a superb football education. Inevitably the vast majority won’t make it to the City first team but if they get a good career they benefit. The idea that we shouldn’t benefit too for our investment in them is crackers.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wooders » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:54 pm

Can’t help but think he will only go and do the same role there but everything else like coaching, training facilities etc will be inferior
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:36 am

Confirmed he has left. Real pity but wish him the best.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:38 am

Seven year contract with the option of an extra year! We would never have offered him that.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:44 am

I don't think he will make it, to be honest.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:52 am

blues2win wrote:Seven year contract with the option of an extra year! We would never have offered him that.

I wonder what kind of wage he's on. If it's something like £40K, or incremental based on appearances/longevity, then it's not bad business by them, I'd have thought. Also, I'm not sure of the new FFP rules, but I think they can only amortize transfer fees over the first 5 years. So that's £9m per season, but they can top-load it to this season, as they haven't qualified for European football.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:59 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
blues2win wrote:Seven year contract with the option of an extra year! We would never have offered him that.

I wonder what kind of wage he's on. If it's something like £40K, or incremental based on appearances/longevity, then it's not bad business by them, I'd have thought. Also, I'm not sure of the new FFP rules, but I think they can only amortize transfer fees over the first 5 years. So that's £9m per season, but they can top-load it to this season, as they haven't qualified for European football.

That's all the fuss about Chelsea's spending, amortizing over 8 years isn't it? Loophole being closed shortly

This transfer is one of the daftest purchases I've ever heard of, including Steve Daley!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:19 am

john@staustell wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

That's all the fuss about Chelsea's spending, amortizing over 8 years isn't it? Loophole being closed shortly

This transfer is one of the daftest purchases I've ever heard of, including Steve Daley!

The loophole's already closed. Maximum 5 years of amortization for any deal completed after 1 July. So if they'd have signed him at the start of the transfer window (which opened 14 June), it would have been 6.4 million per season for 7 seasons, but because they signed him now, it's 9 million per season over 5 seasons.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:37 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

The loophole's already closed. Maximum 5 years of amortization for any deal completed after 1 July. So if they'd have signed him at the start of the transfer window (which opened 14 June), it would have been 6.4 million per season for 7 seasons, but because they signed him now, it's 9 million per season over 5 seasons.
Accountancy tricks aside I think Cole & his family are all delighted with a 7 year contract at £100k + a week
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum