View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:45 am

This is very late again this week, but entirely my fault. Lets just say the pub was involved after work last night. Apparently we are boring boring cheats! I am not 100% confident today, but only because we seem to have that early season sloppiness in the games so far. Plus injuries and the International break. Having said that we have a decent record against the hammers, so I still see us doing enough for three points.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton
Fourth official: Thomas Bramall
VAR: Darren Bond
Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.

Team Selection

Areola
Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
Alvarez
JWP Soucek Paqueta
Bowen Antonio

And the rest…

Cor, this could be a humdinger. Bet the Citizens are ****ting it. Hope we batter them.

Top of the table clash. I wonder what position this game will be on MOTD?...I’ll take a draw, but hope for a hang on win.

It's not just a top-of-the-table clash. It's also kind of Community Shield belt-unifying title bout between the current English European Champions.

This isn't a Man City of De Bruyne, Gundogan, Mahrez, Sterling, Cancelo etc. They look weaker than they have done for more than a decade.

Really? They completed the treble just a few months ago. I’d argue this is the strongest City side since the Sheiks took over. Although I agree KDB is a big miss.

We likely concede up to 80% possession and will be tough to break down by squeezing the play into tight areas. Pep will have a plan for us, no question, but I fancy us to get a point or 3 here.

De Bruyne and Gundogan are the only ones they miss out of that lot, they’re better off without the other three. We’ve got a chance if we can keep them out for 70 mins.

The thing that will scare cheats city is the fact we have JWP on set pieces.
if we are on form we can get a draw but they will have the ref and VAR on their side so unlikely to be allowed to win.

This crap is really starting to annoy me. Last season Manchester City were the WORST effected by VAR. They lost the most points as a result of decisions made by VAR. They had a VAR decision go their way which probably shouldn’t have this weekend, but guess what? So did we. Stop the victim hood.

Most boring game of the year for me. I'm getting too old to spend it watching Pep and his team suck the life out of the game I've paid to see.

We're gonna low block Man city so hard, they'll be having nightmares of Moyesball for years to come.

Manchester City are the best team in the land, but they will have to work extremely hard to get anything out of us. Obviously, a win for us is going to be difficult but if we're on it then I fancy we can do them. JWP free kick winner would be lovely.

Moyes rarely surprises us with his lineups - it'll be unchanged apart from Soucek for Benrahma. I'd give Kudus a go but that's unlikely to happen.

Initially, I thought it was the worst possible fixture to have the opposition manager receive all that extra time to figure out a game plan. But Guardiola is prone to overthinking so we could get lucky and end up with Scott Carson playing on the left tip of a midfield diamond or something.

Time for a win against these cheats !

Some unnecessary comments being made which is unfortunate. Why would you want to injure a player? Bit immature. I also do not find City particularly more 'cheating' than most of the top clubs, it appears you keep possession as long as you can and if you lose it take one for the team to stop a counter attack. They are coached to do that. They are though, IMO, just bloody boring.

I love the optimism, but this Man City side are on a different planet. Unless they have an off-day I don't see us holding them. But you never know.

Other problem is that this lot are the masters of the snide foul to stop our counter attacks, and you can bet your life that the ref won't come down hard on it.

Id much rather this mob won the league every season, rather than Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea etc.
Good club are City, even with all the money they have.

If the UEFA Super Cup is for the Champions League winners vs Europa League, can we retitle this thread as the “UEFA Almost-As-Super Cup”?

Man City managed to break Sheffield United down only twice, a Haaland header and a goal from a set piece. Two things we're better equipped to deal with.

I just want City to know they have been in a game.

City are the best team but they duck the life out of most games. Boring football with most matches not competitive. No wonder the atmosphere is so poor and pep has to often ask the fans to make a noise.Yes they win but its boring stuff. They lose tomorrow 2-0 , pep combusts !

Get yourselves ready for a barnstorming West Ham win.

Conditions are perfect to get a result against City, something which lazy pundits who make weekly predictions fail to take into consideration.

-We are unbeaten
-We are playing at home
-They have injuries, and lots of them!
-They will have had more key players away on international duty.

All of the above is a massive leveller and if we can shackle jar jar binks then I think we win - wonder if Moyes will man mark him?

I'd take a point

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:37 am

Full of foreboding - quite my usual condition :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Cheers as usual CM

This isn't a Man City of De Bruyne, Gundogan, Mahrez, Sterling, Cancelo etc. They look weaker than they have done for more than a decade.

Really? They completed the treble just a few months ago. I’d argue this is the strongest City side since the Sheiks took over. Although I agree KDB is a big miss.

The first poster must be an idiot, the second a voice of reason. Wonder if Walmai is on there?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby samuelellis » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:00 am

I think they played well. Although Erling Haaland missed many opportunities, Doku's presence was a bright spot.
samuelellis
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:50 am

johnny crossan wrote:Full of foreboding - quite my usual condition :lol:

Older Blue for sure ( like me) :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have PTSD from our Yo Yo years, :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB