***Treble Winners v Forest Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Forest Official Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:09 pm

I think because Jack’s been out injured, some of the other players are getting the kicks he normally gets from the opposition.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Foden , Alvarez, Walker ,Doku and haaland has to be the most potent attacking group of players in the Prem.

Not being funny , we are looking better without KDB as these guys are gelling together .

I thought we were brilliant until the cunt in the middle decided to fuxk the game up .

Was actually gobsmacked Alty didn’t send off Ederson as well. Might have been harsh but the VAR would never overturn it and the damage would have been done

Rodri only has himself to blame to be honest for reacting. Yes MGW was nipping at him all game long and getting in his face, but he has to overcome that. We were winning and winning comfortably as well which makes it all the more perplexing. He and hopefully the rest of the players will learn from this
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Foden , Alvarez, Walker ,Doku and haaland has to be the most potent attacking group of players in the Prem.

Not being funny , we are looking better without KDB as these guys are gelling together .

I thought we were brilliant until the cunt in the middle decided to fuxk the game up .

Was actually gobsmacked Alty didn’t send off Ederson as well. Might have been harsh but the VAR would never overturn it and the damage would have been done

Rodri only has himself to blame to be honest for reacting. Yes MGW was nipping at him all game long and getting in his face, but he has to overcome that. We were winning and winning comfortably as well which makes it all the more perplexing. He and hopefully the rest of the players will learn from this

It was well out of character so we will forgive him - I reckon the fouls that he made earlier on and the comments to Rodri on that particular incident just took him over the edge.

I stand to be corrected, but he has never been sent off in his career before this onfield rage incident
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:17 pm

But what did he say to him?
Rodri has at time brain farts, but he never reacts like that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:40 pm

I saw a lot of the game yesterday,but in and out, i missed the Rodri scene.Having just now finally caught up, i was amazed how quick Alty gave the Red .Also, GW was deserving a Red too. No wonder so many fans of many teams think Alty is crap.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:01 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:45 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I do feel a little sorry for Philips, not much, of course, but he’s been brought in to cover what can be considered the worlds finest centre mid. How the fuck you you match-up to a Rolls Royce like Rodri?

I was glad to see him getting a run out, but sadly it just reinforced that he lacks the necessary football intelligence and that he can't be trusted based on that display. His decision making to run with the ball down blind alleys, rather than maintain possession with simple passes was astoundingly bad.

I know we're spoiled with quality midfielders who create time for themselves by being one thought ahead of the ball - KP was immediately under pressure on his first touch as he was never clear what he was supposed to do with the ball.....every other player in our squad knows before the ball gets to them what they are doing with it when it reaches.

I don't think we'll see him again after this upcoming league cup game
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby salford city » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:14 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I do feel a little sorry for Philips, not much, of course, but he’s been brought in to cover what can be considered the worlds finest centre mid. How the fuck you you match-up to a Rolls Royce like Rodri?

I was glad to see him getting a run out, but sadly it just reinforced that he lacks the necessary football intelligence and that he can't be trusted based on that display. His decision making to run with the ball down blind alleys, rather than maintain possession with simple passes was astoundingly bad.

I know we're spoiled with quality midfielders who create time for themselves by being one thought ahead of the ball - KP was immediately under pressure on his first touch as he was never clear what he was supposed to do with the ball.....every other player in our squad knows before the ball gets to them what they are doing with it when it reaches.

I was trying to find positives in his half game cameo, sadly, for him, there aren't any. I thought at the time that we should have stayed as we were and moved Nunes in there. It would not surprise me to see Pep put someone else in there on Wednesday - even Rodders ahead of Phillips which must spell the end for him. Shockingly poor display and highlights just how far he is off the pace in our squad
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:03 pm

salford city wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I was trying to find positives in his half game cameo, sadly, for him, there aren't any. I thought at the time that we should have stayed as we were and moved Nunes in there. It would not surprise me to see Pep put someone else in there on Wednesday - even Rodders ahead of Phillips which must spell the end for him. Shockingly poor display and highlights just how far he is off the pace in our squad

Rodders is suspended for the Newcastle game
nottsblue

Postby salford city » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:08 pm

Don't think Carabao counts? FA would but i read it was the 3 league games. He still misses Arsenal either way
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:34 pm

salford city wrote:Don't think Carabao counts? FA would but i read it was the 3 league games. He still misses Arsenal either way

league and fa cup games do count towards bans
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:09 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
salford city wrote:Don't think Carabao counts? FA would but i read it was the 3 league games. He still misses Arsenal either way

league and fa cup games do count towards bans

That’s my understanding

At least 1 of the games he’s banned for he wouldn’t have played anyways. And he’s now got the rest he asked for. Arsenal is a blow. But watching them yesterday they aren’t solid at the back and we can exploit that all day
nottsblue

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:19 pm

Rodri will get a well earned break how it has come about is not ideal. However with our start it will IMO reap rewards later in the season. As for Taylor less said the better.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:56 pm

Pep says Kyle Walker and Ruben will not play on Wednesday because they are ‘exhausted’. Rico will likely be in and Ake and Gvardiol may both play.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:34 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep says Kyle Walker and Ruben will not play on Wednesday because they are ‘exhausted’. Rico will likely be in and Ake and Gvardiol may both play.

ortega
lewis akanji gvardional ake
nunes phillips grealish
bobb doku
alvarez
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:03 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
blues2win wrote:Pep says Kyle Walker and Ruben will not play on Wednesday because they are ‘exhausted’. Rico will likely be in and Ake and Gvardiol may both play.

ortega
lewis akanji gvardional ake
nunes phillips grealish
bobb doku
alvarez

I’d actually be tempted to rest Alvarez as well. He is a big reason why we aren’t missing KDB as much IMO
nottsblue

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:11 pm

Exhausted!! Em it's September.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:50 pm

sheblue wrote:

Walker has forced Pep into playing him every match because Pep is scared he’ll go to Bayern. And now he’s “exhausted”?! I’d play him every single game.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:28 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Walker has forced Pep into playing him every match because Pep is scared he’ll go to Bayern. And now he’s “exhausted”?! I’d play him every single game.

I stand to be corrected but...........................Alvarez has apparently had less time off than anyone else since we bought him and he isn't knackered.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:20 am

I don’t think it is fair to judge any of our players in an attacking sense on the strength of that second half. There were not a lot of options ahead of the man with the ball - for obvious reasons. Philips did play a nice pass, to Ake, I think it was, at a set piece, but seeing as the lads kept Forest completely at bay with a man short, I am happy with the defensive work of the team as a whole.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum