***Treble Winners v Forest Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Forest Official Match Thread***

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:45 pm

Pep says ‘hopefully Rodri will learn’. Obviously not pleased and understandably so. Rodri will be relieved Forest didn’t get back into the match but he’ll be missed at the Emirates,
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:That rodent went down like a tonne of bricks because he felt foden's hand go into his throat.

And no one fucking pointed that out.

It should be appealed because there was no excessive force and that's what the rule states unless it's to the head

That's what my opinion is. Red card, yes, but the offence that drew the ref's attention (him dropping to the floor), didn't happen, so it may just be a 1 match ban.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:55 pm

Pep says Rodri has apologised to his team mates.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:39 pm

Gibs-White must have been inspired by the statue of Trautmann as he was coming in to have been able to play on with a broken neck. So brave…..
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:40 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep says Rodri has apologised to his team mates.

Hopefully Phillips has as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:39 pm

I do feel a little sorry for Philips, not much, of course, but he’s been brought in to cover what can be considered the worlds finest centre mid. How the fuck you you match-up to a Rolls Royce like Rodri?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I do feel a little sorry for Philips, not much, of course, but he’s been brought in to cover what can be considered the worlds finest centre mid. How the fuck you you match-up to a Rolls Royce like Rodri?
Our Rolls Royce is in dock now so time to get Stones off the ramps - we need to find a functioning alternative - even if it is a lesser marque.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:11 pm

You might elect loads of talking point on an expected ordinary game like this - you choose.
But one stands out as ultimate absorber: Raggy Tony is an "hors categorie" fucking excruciating cunt!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:39 am

Foden being the one that touched GW on the neck, is all that much weirder when you find out GW is Godfather to Foden’s kids..

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-ace-morgan-gibbs-8289314#google_vignette

When that calls come, he will join one of his best mates in Foden, who has asked Gibbs-White to be godfather to his children.

I’m still in touch with Phil, still really close. I’m godparent to his kids. It just shows that anything is possible. I was in that Under-17 World Cup team so if those guys can do it, so can I.”

On his relationship with Foden, Gibbs-White added: “We just had a good connection. I met him at 16, we just got on. We roomed together quite a bit. He’s always been a nice kid, Phil.

I honestly think Rodri has nothing to apologise for. He was booted up and down and nothing was done. Pep can say he’s angry all he wants, Pep lost it and was booked as well today - has he apologised to the players?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:18 am

Mase wrote:Foden being the one that touched GW on the neck, is all that much weirder when you find out GW is Godfather to Foden’s kids..

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-ace-morgan-gibbs-8289314#google_vignette

When that calls come, he will join one of his best mates in Foden, who has asked Gibbs-White to be godfather to his children.

I’m still in touch with Phil, still really close. I’m godparent to his kids. It just shows that anything is possible. I was in that Under-17 World Cup team so if those guys can do it, so can I.”

On his relationship with Foden, Gibbs-White added: “We just had a good connection. I met him at 16, we just got on. We roomed together quite a bit. He’s always been a nice kid, Phil.

I honestly think Rodri has nothing to apologise for. He was booted up and down and nothing was done. Pep can say he’s angry all he wants, Pep lost it and was booked as well today - has he apologised to the players?

Disappointed in Foden at the incident, initially he can see it happen but ambles over to stop his mate and teammate getting at each other rather than sprinting in to stop it. Then he touches Gibbs-White on the neck which causes Gibbs-White to elbow him in the ribs and then collapse. Foden was visibly hurt by the elbow to the ribs but didn't even make Taylor aware of it or let him know it was his hand on Gibbs-White's neck not Rodri's. Too many times our players are getting kicked and pulled all game but very rarely go down, which is commendable, but are then booked for fouls when the opponent goes to ground for the very same foul we push through. Level playing field it most certainly is not.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:36 am

ayrshireblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Foden being the one that touched GW on the neck, is all that much weirder when you find out GW is Godfather to Foden’s kids..

Disappointed in Foden at the incident, initially he can see it happen but ambles over to stop his mate and teammate getting at each other rather than sprinting in to stop it. Then he touches Gibbs-White on the neck which causes Gibbs-White to elbow him in the ribs and then collapse. Foden was visibly hurt by the elbow to the ribs but didn't even make Taylor aware of it or let him know it was his hand on Gibbs-White's neck not Rodri's. Too many times our players are getting kicked and pulled all game but very rarely go down, which is commendable, but are then booked for fouls when the opponent goes to ground for the very same foul we push through. Level playing field it most certainly is not.

I think Grealish would have made that count if he was there instead of Foden.

On a side note, I remember a rag cunt doing this? Casemiro? How many fixtures was he out? Anyone remembers?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:59 am

Casemiro was suspended for 3 games for the red card against Palace when he pushed a Palace player in the face. He then got another red card in a later gane that resulted in a further 4 match ban.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:10 am

ayrshireblue wrote:Casemiro was suspended for 3 games for the red card against Palace when he pushed a Palace player in the face. He then got another red card in a later gane that resulted in a further 4 match ban.

Cheers. So not looking good.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:22 am

The case for the defence is either the above has been photoshopped or that Rodri's hands never left his shoulders - MGW dropped to the floor like a sack of spuds faking throat contact - a well known trick from p 41 of The PIGMOL How To Cheat City Out of Their Title Manual.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:41 am

johnny crossan wrote:Image
The case for the defence is either the above has been photoshopped or that Rodri's hands never left his shoulders - MGW dropped to the floor like a sack of spuds faking throat contact - a well known trick from p 41 of The PIGMOL How To Cheat City Out of Their Title Manual.

Who was the guy who trod on Rodri’s foot ib the first half…..he was probably still peeved about that as it clearly hurt him
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Outcast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:49 am

I think we all need to calm down. We are getting too emotionally invested in this. As great as Roderi is, he could have learnt a thing or two from Fern when it comes to technical dark arts.
We all know referees are wank, opposition will rile us, there nothing new.

P.s, Roderi needed resting, wish it didn't come against Arsenal. Let's see what Pep can do without him, it could have been worst, he could've picked up an injury
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:06 am

Sparklehorse wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Image

Who was the guy who trod on Rodri’s foot ib the first half…..he was probably still peeved about that as it clearly hurt him

Gibbs-White was the player who stamped down on his foot. Immediately before the incident he hip checked Rodri, may have been a foul, but that and the barge in the back at the corner seem to have pushed Rodri over the edge.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:46 am

Foden , Alvarez, Walker ,Doku and haaland has to be the most potent attacking group of players in the Prem.

Not being funny , we are looking better without KDB as these guys are gelling together .

I thought we were brilliant until the cunt in the middle decided to fuxk the game up .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:58 am

As I said in the media thread, it all happened right in front of me and was quite bizarre. It just looked like normal hand bags until they separated, at which point Gibbs White seemed to look around him for what seemed ages at the time (probably a split second), then just threw himself to the ground clutching his head.
At the time I felt sure VAR would change it to a yellow, but upon seeing replays, Rodri does put his hands in a position that looks to all the world like GW's throat.
Whether it was meant to be shoulders is pretty irrelevant.
End of the day, Rodri should know better, and GW was basically cheating, simulating injury.
As for Foden, he obviously had split loyalties toward a team mate, and someone who is obviously a very close friend.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:00 pm

PeterParker wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:

I think Grealish would have made that count if he was there instead of Foden.

On a side note, I remember a rag cunt doing this? Casemiro? How many fixtures was he out? Anyone remembers?

If it was Jack, he'd probably got himself sent off too!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum