league cup v newcastle build up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: league cup v newcastle build up

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:53 am

By wasted I mean he wasn't getting in the team despite being shit hot.

Hmm why do we always struggle to get kid strikers.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Pep made it pretty clear the Arsenal and Leipzig matches were more more important and he wanted to minimise the chances of another injury to a key player.

Not expecting much from this other than game time for young / fringe players, which will be the main interest.
Clearly Pep not bothered. Newcastle will be taking this far more seriously and it would be a shock if they didn't progress.

I wouldn't be too sure Newcastle will take it seriously as you think. Don't forget they have CL games coming thick and fast and they aren't easy ones

They haven't won a trophy since the 50s. They got to the final last year and blew it. They probably feel they have unfinished business in this comp, plus it's their most realistic opportunity to get a trophy.
I can see them pitting out a strong side.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:13 pm

Nick wrote:By wasted I mean he wasn't getting in the team despite being shit hot.

Hmm why do we always struggle to get kid strikers.

Because the standard required is pretty colossal these days
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:38 pm

sheblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Pep made it pretty clear the Arsenal and Leipzig matches were more more important and he wanted to minimise the chances of another injury to a key player.

Not expecting much from this other than game time for young / fringe players, which will be the main interest.
Clearly Pep not bothered. Newcastle will be taking this far more seriously and it would be a shock if they didn't progress.

I wouldn't be too sure Newcastle will take it seriously as you think. Don't forget they have CL games coming thick and fast and they aren't easy ones

They haven't won a trophy since the 50s. They got to the final last year and blew it. They probably feel they have unfinished business in this comp, plus it's their most realistic opportunity to get a trophy.
I can see them pitting out a strong side.

Does the Fairs Cup ( Eufa cup predecessor) which they won in 1969 count? Just saying
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum