***Newcastle v Treble winners EFL Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Newcastle v Treble winners EFL Official Match Thread*

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:09 pm

Bobb was brilliant last night, he was the one shinning light. A kid of that age being the only attacking threat in that messed up team was a delight to see. Prob tried too hard to please pep by passing at times instead of being greedy but for his own sake that was the best thing he could do. Id be happy to see him come on in games for us.

Ortega the only other one who can hold his head up high.

I feel for Phillips but hes just not for us is he.

A dm replacement and a striker the next priorities in transfer market if pep continues to play both alvarez and haaland. We need options.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:39 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:Not being bitter about the result or anything. But if I was manager Grealish, Gomez and Philips would be gone.
Plain and simple the 3 of them are just not good enough.

Digging Jack out is simply ridiculous. He's a world class talent just coming back after injury who was a key part of us winning the treble.

I'm a bit of a Grealish fan, but he was awful last night.
Plus, I'm even more convinced he's wasted on the wing.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Bernardo probably got 25 assists to the assists .
Let’s not compare oranges and apples , Bernardo is 10 times the player Grealish is .
Do give over Carl, you do both players a disservice with that ridiculous remark.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:19 pm

https://x.com/mcfcdubs/status/170714018 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

This doesn’t look good for Rico on the goal. What was he doing?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Let’s not compare oranges and apples , Bernardo is 10 times the player Grealish is .
Do give over Carl, you do both players a disservice with that ridiculous remark.

I’m not saying Grealish is a shit player but I certainly don’t rate him anything more than a ‘good player ‘and IMO he has played average in most games that he’s played in , since we bought him , than good ones .

In last nights game he played beyond shit.

Bernardo is way way more reliable and has been more productive for Man City since we bought him - that’s a fact JC , a fucking fact .
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:08 pm

It will be the ultimate crime if Grealish starts ahead of Jeremy. He needs to get back to form and fight for his place.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Outcast wrote:It will be the ultimate crime if Grealish starts ahead of Jeremy. He needs to get back to form and fight for his place.

The thing is , PeP doesn't give a shit if you were MOTM in your last game , you could still find yourself on the bench.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Indianablue » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:11 pm

blues2win wrote:https://x.com/mcfcdubs/status/1707140182686986309?s=61&t=6ifllXVJePmO9Awxy5lqVQ

This doesn’t look good for Rico on the goal. What was he doing?

Love the way Phillips jogged back to the 18 yard box but as soon as Joelinton waltzed passed him he stood still. He could easily have carried on running, maybe broke sweat to get to the back post where 2 Newcastle players were waiting for the cross ball. Happy to get medals for doing fuck all. He needs to go
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby stupot » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I’m not saying Grealish is a shit player but I certainly don’t rate him anything more than a ‘good player ‘and IMO he has played average in most games that he’s played in , since we bought him , than good ones .

Bernardo is way way more reliable and has been more productive for Man City since we bought him - that’s a fact JC , a fucking fact .

Kev's been way more reliable and more productive since we bought him than Bernardo. Goals,assists and assists to the assists. That's a fucking fact as well but for some reason you couldn't give a fuck how long he's out.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Nobody can compare Grealish to Silva. There is just no comparison Silva is miles ahead as a footballer. I've no anti Jack agenda, he's a decent squad player but not a great player, world class no way. Don't know any city fan who thinks he's worth 100 million, not even now.
Anyway Jeremy will replace him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:28 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Kev's been way more reliable and more productive since we bought him than Bernardo. Goals,assists and assists to the assists. That's a fucking fact as well but for some reason you couldn't give a fuck how long he's out.

We are top of the league, having won all our games for the first time since time began, with a big goal difference on top of the cake and a forward line of Foden , Haaland , Doku and Alvarez all linking up incredibly well.

Ill also mention the fact that we won the CL without him for most of the game and we also a Prem title with him out most of the season...I can probably add more to this.

KDB has served his time with us and been brilliant BUT he should not be a regular starter when hes back IMO , especially from what we have seen in his absence.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:23 pm

sheblue wrote:Nobody can compare Grealish to Silva. There is just no comparison Silva is miles ahead as a footballer. I've no anti Jack agenda, he's a decent squad player but not a great player, world class no way. Don't know any city fan who thinks he's worth 100 million, not even now.

Not anti Grealish but blasts through a post where you tell us he’s not world class when no one claimed he is, then tell us he’s not worth £100m, when no one has claimed he is.

Grealish started 12 out of 13 CL games last season, arguably the most important trophy we won. The one we’d needed for years. He’s definitely not a squad player.

Mad how Doku is this saviour after about 3 games. He looks raw but talented. I’m excited to see how he develops but I guarantee he won’t be replacing Jack.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sniffer » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:52 pm

Sorry but lost patience with Jack, never beats the full back and rarely scores, Doku created more in 20 mins last night than Grealish in 70 mins. He wins free kicks and that is about it
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby PeterParker » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:12 am

I think Jack is something we were missing: a player to keep the ball, wind up opponents and dive at times.

We are too nice, and Grealish came and did some stuff we missed and that is getting into the heads of opponents. His displays since january until the end of the season was beyond superb. I remember some moments vs Bayern away when we were under pressure and he stopped their play with dark arts. Loved to see that because it happened so many times with us.
Don't have the stats, but I reckon not other City player has be faulted more than him.

It's just the start of the season, he spent half of summer pissed. Let's see where he in the middle of the season.

Just for the sake of it, I think Foden is not progressing at all. Same old semi poor finishing, is incapable to use his right foot and is becoming predictable. He is a really good player, but I think he missed his explosion.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:16 am

sheblue wrote:Nobody can compare Grealish to Silva. There is just no comparison Silva is miles ahead as a footballer. I've no anti Jack agenda, he's a decent squad player but not a great player, world class no way. Don't know any city fan who thinks he's worth 100 million, not even now.

The comparison was made because of your " all those goals and assists" comment about Grealish. He's probably not worth 100ml, nor is Silva but there was a release clause so that's what we paid and it's not worked out too badly has it.
Of course we could always have kept Sterling on the left, he got lots of goals.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:36 am

sniffer wrote:Sorry but lost patience with Jack, never beats the full back and rarely scores, Doku created more in 20 mins last night than Grealish in 70 mins. He wins free kicks and that is about it

Careful with the truth now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:07 am

sheblue wrote:
sniffer wrote:Sorry but lost patience with Jack, never beats the full back and rarely scores, Doku created more in 20 mins last night than Grealish in 70 mins. He wins free kicks and that is about it

I’m happy to look at the truth -

Grealish - 1 shot // 1 shot on target // 3 key passes // 100% pass accuracy
Doku - 0 shots // 0 shots on target // 1 key pass // 87.5% pass accuracy

It’s not really the truth that Doku created more.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:18 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Give it up Mase, Grealish was struggling going forward and defensively. He slowed us down offensively. You can tell he's not fit. Stats don't always give you best reflection. for NOW, on current form, Doku is ahead of him.
Outcast

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:45 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Give it up Mase, Grealish was struggling going forward and defensively. He slowed us down offensively. You can tell he's not fit. Stats don't always give you best reflection. for NOW, on current form, Doku is ahead of him.

Where in my post did I say Grealish played well? Simply showing Doku didn’t “create more in 20 minutes” than Grealish did.

How can Doku be “ahead of him on form” when Grealish has been injured?! :lol: He’s got no form to compare against.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:19 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Where in my post did I say Grealish played well? Simply showing Doku didn’t “create more in 20 minutes” than Grealish did.

How can Doku be “ahead of him on form” when Grealish has been injured?! :lol: He’s got no form to compare against.

You can't bring yourself to admit Grealish has been shit. You can't bring yourself to type it :lol:
Outcast

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum