***Leipzig v Treble Winners CL Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Leipzig v Treble Winners CL Official Match Thread***

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:13 am

I'd leave Foden and Grealish out for Doku and Alvarez.

I'd rather Stones was back for Akanji but not sure how sharp he will be
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:25 am

The thing is Haaland even wank is a terror for any defender who can't give him a slim chance and that is something that opens other options for us for the players behind Erling.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:49 am

haaland will be fine. still getting chances, it’s going to click for him again soon. fingers crossed it’s on sunday
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Indianablue » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:35 am

Boring game to watch until they equalised. Our build up play is painfully slow. We seemed to stop using rhs and rely on Grealish and he hardly ever beat his man on the outside. Too pedestrian . I dont blame Akanji for their goal, the forward did very well but it was a loss of possession by us that expised our defencecthat was sitting 10 yards inside there half. Our pace improved dramtixally with Doku and Alvarez who is turning into a superb player. The breakaway third goal was great play from Haaland Alvarez and Doku. Haaland is too easy to mark when our pace is slow upfront. Lewis had a great game and Rodri, and Foden also helped. Grealish needs to vary his act. Haaland will be ok. He occupies defenders. Nice to see Bernardo back as well. Thought the ref could have booked several of their team but alas he didn't
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:52 am

This is why Jack doesn’t beat his man. Blame Pep -

Mase wrote:
Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:54 am

I would be genuinely shocked if Pep dropped Haaland for the Arsenal game. Absolutely the wrong thing to do.
Yes he's having a bit of a dry spell, but pep will stick with him, he has a fondness for playing players back into form.
Re Doku and Jack, I think he will start jack for his ability to keep the ball. But I would expect Doku to come on at some stage to hive them something to think about.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:55 am

There's not a chance he drops Haaland and nor should he.
The overreaction on here by certain people is unbelievable.
He's the leading scorer in the league despite not having the leading assist guy playing. Wait til he finds his form
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:12 am

With Arsenal having fast wingers, is playing Doku the right thing? He won’t help out defensively, we’ve seen that. So whoever is RB or LB will be on their own. If it’s Walker’s side we might be okay, but if Ake is LB we’re fucked.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:16 am

Indianablue wrote:Boring game to watch until they equalised. Our build up play is painfully slow. We seemed to stop using rhs and rely on Grealish and he hardly ever beat his man on the outside. Too pedestrian . I dont blame Akanji for their goal, the forward did very well but it was a loss of possession by us that expised our defencecthat was sitting 10 yards inside there half. Our pace improved dramtixally with Doku and Alvarez who is turning into a superb player. The breakaway third goal was great play from Haaland Alvarez and Doku. Haaland is too easy to mark when our pace is slow upfront. Lewis had a great game and Rodri, and Foden also helped. Grealish needs to vary his act. Haaland will be ok. He occupies defenders. Nice to see Bernardo back as well. Thought the ref could have booked several of their team but alas he didn't
Boring? I give up.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:34 am

john@staustell wrote:I'd leave Foden and Grealish out for Doku and Alvarez.

I'd rather Stones was back for Akanji but not sure how sharp he will be

You would leave foden out ?

Are you fucking insane ? I know you don’t and never have liked him but he was the second best player on that pitch last night and apart from
One or 2 average games this season he has played some superb football with chipping in goals to boot !

I give up with some fans , I really do .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Indianablue » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:58 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Boring game to watch until they equalised. Our build up play is painfully slow. We seemed to stop using rhs and rely on Grealish and he hardly ever beat his man on the outside. Too pedestrian . I dont blame Akanji for their goal, the forward did very well but it was a loss of possession by us that expised our defencecthat was sitting 10 yards inside there half. Our pace improved dramtixally with Doku and Alvarez who is turning into a superb player. The breakaway third goal was great play from Haaland Alvarez and Doku. Haaland is too easy to mark when our pace is slow upfront. Lewis had a great game and Rodri, and Foden also helped. Grealish needs to vary his act. Haaland will be ok. He occupies defenders. Nice to see Bernardo back as well. Thought the ref could have booked several of their team but alas he didn't
Boring? I give up.

We had nely 90% of the ball and did nothing with it apart from pass it backwards and forwards across the park. Advancing slowly and then retreating if we couldn't walk it in. It's like watching paint dry. Any team with capable defence that sits back easily stifles this method of play. Leipzig are not a good team but they nearly pulled our pants dow . Can't see how anyone was excited by that first half, like watching paint dry. If thats the football you like,great - you're getting to see alot of it. We've been better and were more exciting under Mancini
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:21 am

Did nothing with it apart from score 3 goals, hit the woodwork and miss a couple. How do you work out Leipzig aren't a good side btw, they drew with Bayern last game.
If you want boring watch a rerun of the FA Cup Final under Mancini against Wigan
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:24 pm

stupot wrote:Did nothing with it apart from score 3 goals, hit the woodwork and miss a couple. How do you work out Leipzig aren't a good side btw, they drew with Bayern last game.
If you want boring watch a rerun of the FA Cup Final under Mancini against Wigan

LEIPZIG a side we absolutely stuffed last season and who made numerous errors last night which we failed to punish. We scored 3 but two were when we were playing different and Leipzig actually velieved they could win the game. Honestly if you think the first 50 minutes were exciting and good to watch then so be it. , you like your football predictable and sterile and i dont. Wigan cup final was a disgrace. We should NEVER have lost that game on paper but to have half the team throw it just to get Mancini out of the club was unforgiveable. Yes Manxini had lost some of the dressing room but some of them were cunts. Ps i said the game was boring until Leipzig scored and we changed things up with subs. Pps the cross bar 'shot' was it meant?
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:51 pm

In some melancholic romanic notion i was hoping to see one of our players cut in at pace from about 30yds on the left and absolutely scream one into the top of the net like Franny used to do. - and like he did for Derby in his return to Maine Road. As it was we had to wait for Alvarez to do justice to the black arm band Pep was wearing. He must start against Arsenal.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:24 pm

Indianablue wrote:
stupot wrote:Did nothing with it apart from score 3 goals, hit the woodwork and miss a couple. How do you work out Leipzig aren't a good side btw, they drew with Bayern last game.

LEIPZIG a side we absolutely stuffed last season and who made numerous errors last night which we failed to punish. We scored 3 but two were when we were playing different and Leipzig actually velieved they could win the game. Honestly if you think the first 50 minutes were exciting and good to watch then so be it. , you like your football predictable and sterile and i dont. Wigan cup final was a disgrace. We should NEVER have lost that game on paper but to have half the team throw it just to get Mancini out of the club was unforgiveable. Yes Manxini had lost some of the dressing room but some of them were cunts. Ps i said the game was boring until Leipzig scored and we changed things up with subs. Pps the cross bar 'shot' was it meant?

We didn't stuff them away last season and they've started this season really well. They were 2 up against Bayern at the weekend before drawing so yep I'd say they're a good side.
Mancini was hopeless in Europe, absolute shite. We never got out of the group and if you want to see why he lost the dressing room watch a rerun of the QPR game again. He'd totally lost the plot.
I think Phil meant the shot, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:12 pm

Takes years to get good in Europe,
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:30 pm

Indianablue wrote:Takes years to get good in Europe,

Not only that, but I seem to remember we got awful draws for our groups. Bayern and Madrid - at a time when they were top top teams.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:59 pm

still trying to work out who you'd rather watch than boring City :roll:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:36 pm

Mase wrote:

Not only that, but I seem to remember we got awful draws for our groups. Bayern and Madrid - at a time when they were top top teams.

First year with Mancini in it we came 3rd in the group and then knocked straight out of the Europa and the following year we came last in the group without winning a game
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:44 pm

From the last page

Yes we were boring af before the subs. How can any blue deny that? Alot of times when we were shit we were more exciting ? I'm obviously not moaning but a fact is a fact - you can't say we weren't boring because we are treble winners and have pep.

Mancini got fucked over with draws and the biggest bent decisions ever (whixh pep also had until recently )
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum