***Arsenal v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Arsenal v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:12 pm

Two on the spin - agree with Mase. Missing Gundo
And Mahrez coupled with Jack Kev and Rodri out the New boys having to dive in without the assistance of older heads
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:18 pm

Outcast wrote:What sort of comment is this you are making ? Absolutely stupid remark.

Oh shut up, don't twist it into some racial slur. Akanji hasn't been as good as last season, Ake has been poor thus far and Phillips has been shit.[/quote]

It's a fucking stupid comment. Half the players that you think have "dreadlocks" don't either.[/quote]

Don't give a toss what you fucking think. I'm not on here to win awards for my comments.[/quote]

Ignorant as fuck. Well done.[/quote]

Ignorant? OK dickhead, allow me to enlighten you:

Akanji = dreadlocks
Ake= dreadlocks
Phillips = dreadlocks

Tell me which of these players has been outstanding? If you are unsure, refere to past threads.
I'm surprised you didn't throw your toys out of the pram over the 'baldie' jibes.[/quote]

I am sure he will enlighten you , personally i think both Akanji and Ake have been playing very well this season, so far. Ake pops up for the occasional goal and close chances and Akanji does whai is asked of him. Btw Akanki does not have dreadlocks. neither too does Phillips of Ake , Now, Bob Marley , he had dreadlocks.

Phillips should not be at City, but to be fair to him he has only played minutes so far this season. So how he can be blamed for anything is beyond absurd.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:21 pm

zuricity wrote:
Outcast wrote:What sort of comment is this you are making ? Absolutely stupid remark.

Oh shut up, don't twist it into some racial slur. Akanji hasn't been as good as last season, Ake has been poor thus far and Phillips has been shit.

It's a fucking stupid comment. Half the players that you think have "dreadlocks" don't either.[/quote]

Don't give a toss what you fucking think. I'm not on here to win awards for my comments.[/quote]

Ignorant as fuck. Well done.[/quote]

Ignorant? OK dickhead, allow me to enlighten you:

Akanji = dreadlocks
Ake= dreadlocks
Phillips = dreadlocks

Tell me which of these players has been outstanding? If you are unsure, refere to past threads.
I'm surprised you didn't throw your toys out of the pram over the 'baldie' jibes.[/quote]

I am sure he will enlighten you , personally i think both Akanji and Ake have been playing very well this season, so far. Ake pops up for the occasional goal and close chances and Akanji does whai is asked of him. Btw Akanki does not have dreadlocks. neither too does Phillips of Ake , Now, Bob Marley , he had dreadlocks.

Phillips should not be at City, but to be fair to him he has only played minutes so far this season. So how he can be blamed for anything is beyond absurd.[/quote]

They've been magnificent.
Outcast

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Indianablue » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:27 pm

Was always going to be a tough game. Kinetic not come back in the same form before he was injured( not unusual) but we were OK up to his booking and Silva's yellow. Kinetics potential second yellow gave arsenal impetus got the crowd riled and we backed off. Kinetic shouldn't have come out for the second half. ALVAREZ should have stayed on and Haaland should have been pulled, although he occupies defenders he doesn't defend well and this wasn't his game. Onwards and upwards. A tight game away from home, losing to a deflected goal in last few minutes, on balance we didn't offer more than Arsenal so result was fair
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:30 pm

Wouldn't have taken off Lewis and Alvarez. Haaland - where do you go with this? Lack of service or just not putting himself about up front.
Personally think it is a mixture of the two but he doesn't help his cause sometimes, does he?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby salford city » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:35 pm

Arsenal, top bins, you've won the keague - oh wait....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
zuricity wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Haaland waste of space last 5 games
He is starting to do my Head in the lazy fucker..Just stood around waiting for the Ball.Like playing with 10 men supported by the Stats.

Ake had a game to forget.

You two go and get yourselves a beer and calm down. You Zabba , jump on Ake because the ball smacked him in the head , why ?. What game to forget ??

Ake played ok .

Now if you wrote Dias i mighr be inclined to agree because in the first half Dias was a liability.

Halland will always be a waste of space if he gets zero delivery.

That's the way it will always be.

It certainly will never be the reason we lose the game, nor would I drop him.

Glad you said that OD. Saved me doing it.

The guys getting no service at all ATM.

Agree there !
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:45 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
zuricity wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Haaland waste of space last 5 games
He is starting to do my Head in the lazy fucker..Just stood around waiting for the Ball.Like playing with 10 men supported by the Stats.

Ake had a game to forget.

You two go and get yourselves a beer and calm down. You Zabba , jump on Ake because the ball smacked him in the head , why ?. What game to forget ??

Ake played ok .

Now if you wrote Dias i mighr be inclined to agree because in the first half Dias was a liability.

Halland will always be a waste of space if he gets zero delivery.

That's the way it will always be.

It certainly will never be the reason we lose the game, nor would I drop him.

Glad you said that OD. Saved me doing it.

The guys getting no service at all ATM.

Agree there !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:47 pm

Alvarez gets no service either, but he makes his own goals and puts himself about. Are we saying Haaland is limited and might not suit our style when we don’t have Kev playing? If so maybe he shouldn’t play until Kev is back?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:04 pm

some you win, some you lose - time to move on, it'll seem better in a fortnight.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:08 pm

We'll be fine when Rodders returns and Stones back to full fitness . We'll have to address our midfield in January window though
Outcast

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:15 pm

Outcast wrote:We'll be fine when Rodders returns and Stones back to full fitness . We'll have to address our midfield in January window though

When Jack starts in the league we win - when he doesn't we lose. There is a connection to be made, bit like Rodri.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:17 pm

Wasn't impressed with Stones in that position. 1st thing he did was give it away and didn't create anything after that. Rico was always looking forward and looking to make things happen. Don't know why Ake is getting stick, couldn't do anything about the deflection and performed far better than Ruben today.
We obviously miss Rodders but also the last 2 league games we've been crying out for Kev. All this Bernie performing better without him and Phil will step up simply isn't true and doesn't happen. 1st time we've lost 2 consecutive league games in years. It's no coincidence
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:24 pm

I thought roddysaint was banned after his last stint on here... he's a rag.

Also, haaland is top scorer in the league. And probably the best striker in world football. So no, I wouldn't drop him, I'd work on the final pass.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby roddysaint » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:I thought roddysaint was banned after his last stint on here... he's a rag.

Also, haaland is top scorer in the league. And probably the best striker in world football. So no, I wouldn't drop him, I'd work on the final pass.

News to me. I despise United. But they aren't our greatest enemy. Neither are Liverpool, or Arsenal, or Real Madrid. Often, our greatest enemy is our own stupidity. We have the best manager, possibly of all time, and a frankly enormous pile of money to back him up with. The fact that we don't win every game is down to incompetence. The culprit varies. Sometimes it's a player making an individual error. Sometimes it's the board, whose poor decisions have left us with bad options. Sometimes it's even Pep himself, as brilliant as he is.
roddysaint
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:11 pm

Mase wrote:Alvarez gets no service either, but he makes his own goals and puts himself about. Are we saying Haaland is limited and might not suit our style when we don’t have Kev playing? If so maybe he shouldn’t play until Kev is back?

A fair point and one worth considering, but you never know when he digs one out. So i would say not first on the team sheet every game but selctive where we know he might have a better chance.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:27 pm

Mase wrote:Alvarez gets no service either, but he makes his own goals and puts himself about. Are we saying Haaland is limited and might not suit our style when we don’t have Kev playing? If so maybe he shouldn’t play until Kev is back?

He is limited certainly, basically a one trick pony.
What a trick though, and he's absurdly good at it.
Alvarez is probably ten times the footballer, but hasn't got Haalands trick, call it instinct, talent or whatever.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby s1ty m » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:42 pm

roddysaint wrote:City need to concentrate on top four tbh, title is gone. Our run of fixtures from here to January is horrible and Arsenal/Spurs could easily put 10 points between us and them by then.

Sorry, but that is ridiculous. Literally, worthy of ridicule.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:57 pm

Mase is bang on. I want haaland to make a goal out of nothing like the wish version at the swamp did.

Rico was decent, nobody else.

We've lost creativity and the new guys ate limited in that department. Maybe they will take time.

We need a magician
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:26 am

Zurich enjoyed the game ?? Smoking something??

It was wank - again. Don't think I've seen a league chance for weeks
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum