City/Pep type of players that are elsewhere

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City/Pep type of players that are elsewhere

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:52 pm

Who/were are they?
We can all agree that for the moment we are a bit worried about our transfer window, but there is still a long way ahead of us. However, do you think there are out there players that we missed that would fit right in?

I said Maddison earlier this week. De Jong and Olmo (not super convinced by this one).
Others?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: City/Pep type of players that are elsewhere

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:03 pm

Wirtz
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:04 pm

Mase wrote:Wirtz

Never seen him, to be honest.
Havertz looked top before coming to england also, to be honest.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:16 pm

Bellingham is the one we will regret
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:Bellingham is the one we will regret

Agree, however, I think he never wanted to join us.
And never will.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:32 pm

I thought he was well overrated and I’ve been proven wrong. If we’d got him we would be ridiculously good.

Possibly why our transfers in have been a bit crap this summer - did Bellingham promise us he was coming and we had all our eggs in that basket?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:00 am

Mase wrote:

I thought he was well overrated and I’ve been proven wrong. If we’d got him we would be ridiculously good.

Possibly why our transfers in have been a bit crap this summer - did Bellingham promise us he was coming and we had all our eggs in that basket?

Reminded me of that summer we really wanted De Rossi and ended up with Rodwell.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:30 am

Loved the thought of De Rossi. Did he have the legs? Current squad is still brilliant all be it jaded and lacking the killers we had last season. Nunes will be good. It’s that diamond from Belgium we miss when it’s tight. We also are waisting chances early into games that is an issue that causes the Wolves and yesterday to happen.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:36 am

MIAMCFC wrote:Loved the thought of De Rossi. Did he have the legs? Current squad is still brilliant all be it jaded and lacking the killers we had last season. Nunes will be good. It’s that diamond from Belgium we miss when it’s tight. We also are waisting chances early into games that is an issue that causes the Wolves and yesterday to happen.

What has Nunes shown you that makes you think he’ll be good Hazy? Lethargic and well out of his depth so far. Add to that his attitude doesn’t seem to fit with the rest of the squad when you look at how he forced the move - reminds of Bruno.

People said “Phillips will come good”.. same with Gomez. We’re carrying a lot of average players that aren’t good enough for City.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:53 am

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:Loved the thought of De Rossi. Did he have the legs? Current squad is still brilliant all be it jaded and lacking the killers we had last season. Nunes will be good. It’s that diamond from Belgium we miss when it’s tight. We also are waisting chances early into games that is an issue that causes the Wolves and yesterday to happen.

What has Nunes shown you that makes you think he’ll be good Hazy? Lethargic and we’ll out of his depth so far. Add to that his attitude doesn’t seem to fit with the rest of the squad when you look at how he forced the move - reminds of Bruno.

People said “Phillips will come good”.. same with Gomez. We’re carrying a lot of average players that aren’t good enough for City.

Nunes is a far better player than Phillups . Whether he is anything more than a squad player remains for him to determine. Pep called out the game in Lisbon when we spanked them and he was the only one wanting to get on the ball as a testament to his character. We will see a huge improvement when Rodders returns
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby stupot » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:57 am

Mase wrote:

What has Nunes shown you that makes you think he’ll be good Hazy? Lethargic and well out of his depth so far. Add to that his attitude doesn’t seem to fit with the rest of the squad when you look at how he forced the move - reminds of Bruno.

I've seen enough of him to be confident Mase. He was MOTM at the swamp for Wolves and really stood out. I thought he did great in the CL game against Red Star and i thought he was a lot better than Kovacic yesterday when he came on. At least he was trying to make things happen.
Other than the Viking has any signing hit the ground running.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:28 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

I've seen enough of him to be confident Mase. He was MOTM at the swamp for Wolves and really stood out. I thought he did great in the CL game against Red Star and i thought he was a lot better than Kovacic yesterday when he came on. At least he was trying to make things happen.

I’ll take your word for it because I’m usually crap at judging players.
Players that have hit the ground running - Haaland, Walker, Dias, Ederson, Gvardiol, Kovačić (he’s fit in but I just don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter for us), I’d argue Alvarez… I think this myth of “one season to get used to Pep’s ways” is a cop out personally.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:34 am

Mase wrote:

Just an opinion Mase, I have seen him enough to see atop player. He is adjusting to City. You heard the comments he has been on our Radar for years. Gomez for me has shown glimpses of brilliance the Derby last season. His defensive side I accept is exposed to much. I’ve know Foden since he was kid at Vulcans. He is one who should be stamping his class on games more than we see. 6.5 7s without KDB we need 8/9s from Phil. He has his degree from the University of Gundo KDB Bernie use it FFS your a potential Ballon D’or player. Way to passive.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby stupot » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:50 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

I’ll take your word for it because I’m usually crap at judging players.
Players that have hit the ground running - Haaland, Walker, Dias, Ederson, Gvardiol, Kovačić (he’s fit in but I just don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter for us), I’d argue Alvarez… I think this myth of “one season to get used to Pep’s ways” is a cop out personally.

Fair point with your players mentioned but i don't think it's a myth. Bernardo, Gundo, Mahrez, Jack, all far, far better 2nd season and even Rodri was getting pelters in his first year with everyone saying he wasn't a patch on Fern.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:07 am

stupot wrote:Fair point with your players mentioned but i don't think it's a myth. Bernardo, Gundo, Mahrez, Jack, all far, far better 2nd season and even Rodri was getting pelters in his first year with everyone saying he wasn't a patch on Fern.

Agree with that, but I guess my point is that it’s less of a myth (probably not the correct word) and more of an excuse for some players - “they’ll be better next season”. When you’re paying £50m for a player that comes packaged as a “Pep player” like Nunes, they should be good to go.

Hopefully he turns out to be class.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:

And never will.

I agree.

Bellingham is a top top player. I have a feeling I will hate the twat in a few years as I think he has a distaste for us. Shame as he will be a superstar for the next decade.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:12 am

Wonderwall wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

And never will.

I agree.

Bellingham is a top top player. I have a feeling I will hate the twat in a few years as I think he has a distaste for us. Shame as he will be a superstar for the next decade.

Just read on BBC -

Jude Bellingham's father gave Manchester City hope of signing him in the summer but the 20-year-old England midfielder only wanted Real Madrid. (Football Transfers)

Contradicts the rumours that his dad was well against him joining City and he openly bad mouthed us.

I still think that City were given reassurances of Bellingham joining and we put all our eggs in that basket, only for him to go to Real. Would explain our poor planning last summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:18 am

Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

And never will.

I agree.

Just read on BBC -

Jude Bellingham's father gave Manchester City hope of signing him in the summer but the 20-year-old England midfielder only wanted Real Madrid. (Football Transfers)

Contradicts the rumours that his dad was well against him joining City and he openly bad mouthed us.

I still think that City were given reassurances of Bellingham joining City and we put all our eggs in that basket, only for him to go to Real.

I never understood why we really wanted him. I mean, yeah, quality player, one of the best out there, but there were always hints he disliked us.
Remember when we met the in the UCL quarter-finals and he posted after the game the penalty claim he had? When did he ever do that with other clubs? Can't remember calling out Bayern.

I bet he is either a Scouse/Rag fan and always used "oil money, plastic" when he talked about us.

As a City fan, I have zero regrets we didn't sign him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Outcast » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:55 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

And never will.

I agree.

Just read on BBC -

I still think that City were given reassurances of Bellingham joining City and we put all our eggs in that basket, only for him to go to Real.

I never understood why we really wanted him. I mean, yeah, quality player, one of the best out there, but there were always hints he disliked us.
Remember when we met the in the UCL quarter-finals and he posted after the game the penalty claim he had? When did he ever do that with other clubs? Can't remember calling out Bayern.

I bet he is either a Scouse/Rag fan and always used "oil money, plastic" when he talked about us.

As a City fan, I have zero regrets we didn't sign him.

Sorry mate, you sound a tad bitter. He did go public against Bayren Munich, if I recall correctly something to do with referees favouring them. He only wanted to Join Real, even the vermins thought they had him. Its just media coming out with all kind of crap to discredit us, he hasn't bad mouthed us publicly as far as I know, in fact he's a big Pep fan. Whether you like it or not, Real are still the biggest draw, we're second with Pep at the helm. Yes he's bit of a cock, I wish he was our arrogant cock to be honest, we could have done with his leadership in Rodders absence.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:07 am

Outcast wrote:
Sorry mate, you sound a tad bitter. He did go public against Bayren Munich, if I recall correctly something to do with referees favouring them. He only wanted to Join Real, even the vermins thought they had him. Its just media coming out with all kind of crap to discredit us, he hasn't bad mouthed us publicly as far as I know, in fact he's a big Pep fan. Whether you like it or not, Real are still the biggest draw, we're second with Pep at the helm. Yes he's bit of a cock, I wish he was our arrogant cock to be honest, we could have done with his leadership in Rodders absence.

He did? Can't recall to be honest.
He got to me to be honest, that post after the game because he looked like a disrespectful little twat. The same reason I don't want Mbappe.
Can't stand arrogant twats like those.
But will not shed a tear for him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum