Bobby Charlton dies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bobby Charlton dies

Postby patrickblue » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:21 pm

Bear60 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Bear60 wrote:Another player from my childhood gone RIP

Hi mate!
I will be in your neck of the woods on Wednesday. Bringing some customers to our plant in Haverhill.

I live in Sropshire now Erik

I'm just moving near you, Whixall, just a bit south of Whitchurch.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:02 pm

RIP Bobby hell of a footballer
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bear60 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:01 am

patrickblue wrote:
Bear60 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Hi mate!
I will be in your neck of the woods on Wednesday. Bringing some customers to our plant in Haverhill.

I'm just moving near you, Whixall, just a bit south of Whitchurch.

About 13 miles from me Patrick
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bear60 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:11 am

mr_nool wrote:
Bear60 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Hi mate!

Ah, that's right. You used to live around there!
Will be my first time in Haverhill. I'm keeping my expectations low ;-)

Haverhill is crap I recommend a visit to Cambridge , Newmarket or Bury St. Edmunds mate
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby salford city » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:04 am

Too late for me to see him play live but was a very good player for club and country. Wouldn't wish dementia on anyone so a sad end for him - RIP
I know they have a chumps game at home Tuesday but i fully expect them to save the rememberence for our visit on sunday. I'm guessing Pep and Buzzer to lay a wreath and for them to go for 2 minutes' applause
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:45 am

salford city wrote:Too late for me to see him play live but was a very good player for club and country. Wouldn't wish dementia on anyone so a sad end for him - RIP
I know they have a chumps game at home Tuesday but i fully expect them to save the rememberence for our visit on sunday. I'm guessing Pep and Buzzer to lay a wreath and for them to go for 2 minutes' applause

Genuine question, was a wreath layed for Franny and silence/applause? I’ve barely seen any football last few weeks so unsure.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:31 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:Too late for me to see him play live but was a very good player for club and country. Wouldn't wish dementia on anyone so a sad end for him - RIP

Genuine question, was a wreath layed for Franny and silence/applause? I’ve barely seen any football last few weeks so unsure.

There were 2 minutes applaue for Franny at the game yesterday- no wrreath - following on from the minute silence for the middle east before that. I'm expecting the red shite to milk it - pigs in the same shite as the scousers when it comes to grief
salford city

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:36 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:

There were 2 minutes applaue for Franny at the game yesterday- no wrreath - following on from the minute silence for the middle east before that. I'm expecting the red shite to milk it - pigs in the same shite as the scousers when it comes to grief

My thoughts exactly. 16 year old Rags crying at the game - “he was my favourite player”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:33 pm

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:

My thoughts exactly. 16 year old Rags crying at the game - “he was my favourite player”

To be fair Charlton was a genuine legend for the England national team too. I'd expect quite a fuss to be made of him by the FA and and across the board too, not just at the swamp.

Interestingly seen a few pics of him in City shirts for Trautmann and Bell's testimonials. Imagine the outrage these days if we saw that kind of shenanigans going on!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:52 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:

To be fair Charlton was a genuine legend for the England national team too. I'd expect quite a fuss to be made of him by the FA and and across the board too, not just at the swamp.

Interestingly seen a few pics of him in City shirts for Trautmann and Bell's testimonials. Imagine the outrage these days if we saw that kind of shenanigans going on!

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:06 pm

To have held the appearance and goal scoring records for one of the country’s most successful clubs and the same at International level for as long as he did was no mean feat.

A gentleman on the field, oozed class and was an inspiration to countless young lads who flocked to his academy. A very sad loss for the city of Manchester. His legacy will last a very long time. RIP
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:12 pm

Mase wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:[quote=

As an aside, today is the 100th anniversary of Trautmanns birth.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:42 pm

Talksport say City are launching an investigation into reports that some city fans were singing at half time about his death. It will be a minority but the damage is done,

He may have been one of them but he was a national hero.

Hope they find them and ban them
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:49 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Talksport say City are launching an investigation into reports that some city fans were singing at half time about his death. It will be a minority but the damage is done,

No class morons probably on the piss . He doesn’t deserve shit and as you said damage to the club done .Wankers
carolina-blue

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:25 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Talksport say City are launching an investigation into reports that some city fans were singing at half time about his death. It will be a minority but the damage is done,

No class morons probably on the piss . He doesn’t deserve shit and as you said damage to the club done .Wankers

A minority of brain dead morons who cant handle their drink.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:52 pm

Predicively,ordsall quays are all over this. Not condoning this, but this is exactly what I was referring to in my earlier post.
I'm going to change my mind and say that they will now go for silence rather than applause and turn the mics up high in the east stand
salford city

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:53 pm

salford city wrote:Predicively,ordsall quays are all over this. Not condoning this, but this is exactly what I was referring to in my earlier post.
I'm going to change my mind and say that they will now go for silence rather than applause and turn the mics up high in the east stand

100%
We already know the script. You’ll always get those idiots, the United fans I grew up with regularly sang Hillsborough songs, songs about Houllier’s heart attack, Istanbul and Leeds. Most other clubs don’t milk the cow dry - but Liverpool and United seem to crave it. Almost like they’re happy when they get wind of these chants by 0.00001% of the crowd.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:17 pm

No doubt the same bunch of pissed up lads who are singing the runway song every so often.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:09 am

The away support will show our class at the swamp! Great player of the game we all love RIP.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:49 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:The away support will show our class at the swamp! Great player of the game we all love RIP.

I wouldn't put it past the rags to plant a few boooers in or around the away end.
Paranoid, maybe, but they really do hate us and with the 'charges' still out there they will take any opportunity to tarnish.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum