PL Games November 4/5/6

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games October 4/5/6

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:00 pm

That twat Gordon looked offside to me but I'll take Newcastle winning this one.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:00 pm

Apology letter for arse coming up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:03 pm

Perfectly good goal.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby branny » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wolves equalise at Sheffield. Looks like they will still be winless.

A horrible penalty decision against Wolves again gives Sheffield a 97th minute winner

No sympathy after the Korean guy incident.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:19 pm

Waddle not impressed : -

Chris Waddle
Ex-Newcastle winger on BBC Radio 5 Live
Arsenal have shown absolutely nothing going forward tonight. Absolutely nothing. It's been really poor from them.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:32 pm

Get in, that will do for me
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:46 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Get in, that will do for me

And me

And even the rags winning hasn’t spoilt today. That’s how irrelevant they have become
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Bayern 2-0 at Dortmund after 8 minutes. Sane assisting both and Kane on the scoresheet as well

Would like to see Kane win something, not in the CL though.

Ended up with another hat trick

No one ever scored more than his haul of 15 Bundesliga goals after 10 games. Glad he didn’t go to the rags
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:52 am

To be honest, I would have been fuming if that happened to us.
They failed to show other angles to confirm the ball stayed in, only that one, and of course people will react like that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:28 am

Watched the game and thought both teams were shite. Arsenal still need a striker and I think the keeper is a liability. Geordies are a proper nasty bunch. I know they were wound up but they were at it at ours first home game this season. That said, both will finish ahead of the red shite so that only leaves one chumps league spot.
Re the goal, Neville was banging on about nothing being clear - fuck me, if they cannot look at ir from ALL angles and decide, I'm actually with Arteta - what's the fucking point?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:59 am

salford city wrote:Watched the game and thought both teams were shite. Arsenal still need a striker and I think the keeper is a liability. Geordies are a proper nasty bunch. I know they were wound up but they were at it at ours first home game this season. That said, both will finish ahead of the red shite so that only leaves one chumps league spot.
Re the goal, Neville was banging on about nothing being clear - fuck me, if they cannot look at ir from ALL angles and decide, I'm actually with Arteta - what's the fucking point?

Atm they don't have cameras fitted for the ball out of play, maybe they will extend them in the future? Arsenal benefited from the lack of cameras at Wembley against us, when a ball incorrectly judged to have swerved out of play. We don't live in a perfect world. Personally I think use of more cameras and technology give a greater opportunity to achieve the actual fairest result, but I am not going to throw a dummy out and say the whole system should be scrapped because it's not 100% perfect all the time. A system is only as good as those controlling it.

I thought the biggest "embarrassment and disgrace" was Arteta's OTT and unreasonable reaction to Newcastle's goal. I think he should be suspended for multiple matches for bringing the game into disrepute!
Last edited by Plain Speaking on Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby aladdinblue » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:11 pm

For me the two-handed shove in the penalty area would have been enough to rule Newcastle's goal out. I am tired of VAR using a slide rule to disallow goals for offside only to ignore what I saw as a clear foul. I don't like Arteta, he is an over-emotional twonk, but his condemnation of VAR was in my opinion correct. We as fans shouldn't rub our hands in glee when VAR mistakes go in our favour but then fume and curse when it doesn't. Arteta is probably guilty of that very thing himself like a lot of other managers, but they like us can't have it both ways. Mistakes are mistakes and they can indeed affect positional outcomes (like Brighton last season) so in that respect I agree with Arteta that if VAR can't be anything more than the shitshow it has already proved itself to be then we may all be better served if it was put in the bin. VAR should be called out when it blatantly fails on the very issues it was introduced to help eradicate. Bad things flourish when good people choose to say or do nothing so I am firmly on the side of anyone who speaks up.
aladdinblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: Mick Doyle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:12 pm

Forest 1-0 up v Villa, who have been getting good results of late.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:12 pm

2-0 for Forest, somebody called Mangala scored, no it can’t be him Can it ?
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:29 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:2-0 for Forest, somebody called Mangala scored, no it can’t be him Can it ?

No, but whatever happened to.............?

Edit - playing for Estoril apparently. But can tell his grandchildren he played for Manchester City
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:54 pm

aladdinblue wrote:For me the two-handed shove in the penalty area would have been enough to rule Newcastle's goal out. I am tired of VAR using a slide rule to disallow goals for offside only to ignore what I saw as a clear foul. I don't like Arteta, he is an over-emotional twonk, but his condemnation of VAR was in my opinion correct. We as fans shouldn't rub our hands in glee when VAR mistakes go in our favour but then fume and curse when it doesn't. Arteta is probably guilty of that very thing himself like a lot of other managers, but they like us can't have it both ways. Mistakes are mistakes and they can indeed affect positional outcomes (like Brighton last season) so in that respect I agree with Arteta that if VAR can't be anything more than the shitshow it has already proved itself to be then we may all be better served if it was put in the bin. VAR should be called out when it blatantly fails on the very issues it was introduced to help eradicate. Bad things flourish when good people choose to say or do nothing so I am firmly on the side of anyone who speaks up.

The same c##ts were celebrating when the scum won via an offside goal, I don't recall them coming out in force and condemning the referee/ VAR decision.

Fuck Arsenal and their fans.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:59 pm

aladdinblue wrote:For me the two-handed shove in the penalty area would have been enough to rule Newcastle's goal out. I am tired of VAR using a slide rule to disallow goals for offside only to ignore what I saw as a clear foul. I don't like Arteta, he is an over-emotional twonk, but his condemnation of VAR was in my opinion correct. We as fans shouldn't rub our hands in glee when VAR mistakes go in our favour but then fume and curse when it doesn't. Arteta is probably guilty of that very thing himself like a lot of other managers, but they like us can't have it both ways. Mistakes are mistakes and they can indeed affect positional outcomes (like Brighton last season) so in that respect I agree with Arteta that if VAR can't be anything more than the shitshow it has already proved itself to be then we may all be better served if it was put in the bin. VAR should be called out when it blatantly fails on the very issues it was introduced to help eradicate. Bad things flourish when good people choose to say or do nothing so I am firmly on the side of anyone who speaks up.

Can't agree with you, decisions were close calls regardless of which final interpretation was given. You just can't have manager's speaking like that. He's reminiscent of Ferguson trying to influence officials who dared to give decisions against his club. Arteta should receive a touchline ban and warned of his future conduct.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:29 pm

A long shot, but come on Luton
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:31 pm

Come on you Hatters. I know I know.

Worth bearing in mind that whatever one thinks of VAR referees without it the Newcastle goal would have been given.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:A long shot, but come on Luton

Holding them quite well currently 0-0 HT. Murderers are just a wastefull in losing possession.

Sadly i cannot see Luton holding out, murderers far from convincing thus far.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum