***Treble Winners v Bournemouth Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Bournemouth Official Match Thread***

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:54 am

Mase wrote:Grealish was brilliant last week against the rags. Very short memories.

Any reason why Grealish on the left, Doku on the right and Foden, Bernardo and Rodri in the middle wouldn’t work? Keeps shite like Kovacic on the bench.

Gundo Mase. C’mon we’ve had this before !! Kovacic is getting over an injury. The sort like KDB had a niggle, that turn into a mare. Kova is class, just easing his way back. Nunes will imo come very good. Domu I said it when I saw at Rennes. He is a player.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:10 am

Kovacic had a slight injury and was out for a few games. Gundo had nearly a season off before us didn’t he? Kovacic not fit to wipe Gundo’s arse
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby s1ty m » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:26 am

johnny crossan wrote:Kova is a worry.
Nunes is a worry.

Nunes is a big worry.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:27 am

I can hear the engines starting to sound about right.
Let's get out unbeaten from Spuds, Scouse, Chavs and Villa and be close to top of the league before the Clubs WC.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:33 am

s1ty m wrote:
Nunes is a worry.

Nunes is a big worry.

Agreed. Not new to the league but yet to see anything from him playing for us. Difficult when you are not getting a run of games, granted, but you've got to take your chance when given a game and so far he hasn't
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:11 am

Mase wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:Grealish was brilliant last week against the rags. Very short memories.

Any reason why Grealish on the left, Doku on the right and Foden, Bernardo and Rodri in the middle wouldn’t work? Keeps shite like Kovacic on the bench.

Disagree that Kov is shite, just working back to what he was pre injury. He has had some good games for us. Nunes shows some glimpses, Phillips hasn't stepped up at all (IMO) and Gomez when fit hardly gets a place on the bench.
Jack needs to score otherwise he will be eclipsed

Jack’s game isn’t about scoring. Pep wants him to keep the ball to give other players chance to get into good positions and, usually, drag two defenders to him leaving space in behind.

He would have had the same amount of assists against YB as Doku yesterday if Haaland had his shooting boots on.

He slows us down and defenders get time to regroup. He isn't a natural winger. We need to find him a new position.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:06 am

Agreed
I’m a Grealish fan, but not a Grealish the winger fan.
The sooner Pep moves him inside the better.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:14 am

I’d 100%go with this but what I won’t go with is Grealish in place of Doku , no matter who we are playing against .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:18 am

He played a different role at Villa and was very impressive there which is probably the main reason why we bought him. It was Pep that pushed him into his present position

Not unrealistic for him to go back to the number 8 role he mainly starred in at Villa
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby s1ty m » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:07 pm

salford city wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Nunes is a worry.

Nunes is a big worry.

Agreed. Not new to the league but yet to see anything from him playing for us. Difficult when you are not getting a run of games, granted, but you've got to take your chance when given a game and so far he hasn't

He floated on in his goves yesterday and strolled around. We were watching his movement. There was very little.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:31 pm

Was a bit pissed and shattered in Osaka and fell asleep in the half time break. Of course that’s the game we keep going for more haha.

Doku is electric and Bernardo is class. Walker does everything right before games are won too, tidies up so well we never sniff going behind.

Quietly confident the machine is firing up right now.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:39 pm

Fodens foot movement in tight spaces is the best I’ve ever seen in the premiership .

He’s fucking so good at it .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:58 pm

s1ty m wrote:
salford city wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Nunes is a worry.

Nunes is a big worry.

He floated on in his goves yesterday and strolled around. We were watching his movement. There was very little.

Nunes fills a space, gives someone else a rest.

Just don't let him near any tight important games :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:55 pm

Doku is a natural left-winger in the mould of Sane.
It would be a total waste to play him anywhere else, whereas Jack is much more adaptable as we’ve seen in the past
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:07 am

Just watching the extended highlights on City’s YouTube page and when Doku scores his first and celebrates there’s a Bournemouth fan sat clapping. Love to see that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby charvet_wonderland » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:44 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fodens foot movement in tight spaces is the best I’ve ever seen in the premiership .

A few years ago when he’d just made first team he used to come down to his brother’s training in Bramhall & have a kick about with the kids at the end. Never seen anything like it; 20-odd young lads swarming round him on all sides trying to get the ball & no-one ever got a single touch on it. His feet were just a blur
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:29 am

charvet_wonderland wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fodens foot movement in tight spaces is the best I’ve ever seen in the premiership .

A few years ago when he’d just made first team he used to come down to his brother’s training in Bramhall & have a kick about with the kids at the end. Never seen anything like it; 20-odd young lads swarming round him on all sides trying to get the ball & no-one ever got a single touch on it. His feet were just a blur

Probably helped he was training with David Silva for a good while, who had the best close control in tight spaces we’ve ever seen.

Another reason I’m surprised at the likes of McAtee going out on loan. You’d think they’d learn more in training with us than at the likes of Sheffield. Yes, initially they may get more minutes but longer term they would be very likely to be better off by staying
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Paul68 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:32 am

nottsblue wrote:
charvet_wonderland wrote:

Probably helped he was training with David Silva for a good while, who had the best close control in tight spaces we’ve ever seen.

Another reason I’m surprised at the likes of McAtee going out on loan. You’d think they’d learn more in training with us than at the likes of Sheffield. Yes, initially they may get more minutes but longer term they would be very likely to be better off by staying

Totally agree Notts.... But we are talking footballers here..... :lol:
If they caught fire they'd ask if they should put it out...
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby aaron bond » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:46 pm

Then you’re leaving out Alvarez.

The reality is Grealish has been with us for just over 2 years and has only played well for us from Jan-Apr 2023. Before that he was generally crap (which he admits himself). Since April, his form dropped off massively, although it was great to see him perform so well against United last week.

If he can regularly produce the form he showed in Jan-Apr this year, then he can earn a place in the team. But when Doku comes in a starts so brilliantly, it’s reasonable for everyone to question what Jack brings to the side.

It’s on Jack now to prove he deserves to start.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:07 pm

aaron bond wrote:

Then you’re leaving out Alvarez.

The reality is Grealish has been with us for just over 2 years and has only played well for us from Jan-Apr 2023. Before that he was generally crap (which he admits himself). Since April, his form dropped off massively, although it was great to see him perform so well against United last week.

If he can regularly produce the form he showed in Jan-Apr this year, then he can earn a place in the team. But when Doku comes in a starts so brilliantly, it’s reasonable for everyone to question what Jack brings to the side.

It’s on Jack now to prove he deserves to start.

Proved he deserves to start when we played United. And he was great all last season. Was integral to us winning the CL.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum