Match tickets

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Match tickets

Postby phips » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:56 pm

I'm looking for some help/advice on obtaining a couple of matchday tickets for matches towards the beginning of 2024. ive never been to a match in England and am not familiar with how the ticket system works over there. over here in the states if you're not a season ticket holder you can buy tickets from the team (if any are available) or just pick a ticket up on the aftermarket from StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc. depending on availability and how much you're willing to pay. Is that the same over in England? i've heard various people mention a points system for tickets on this site and I have no idea how that works.

I'm looking to fly over to England in Feb-Mar '24 and go to the match @ Anfield and the derby @ home. I'm well aware that these are high profile matches meaning that demand will be very high and that prices for everything will be high. putting all of that aside, how does someone go about attempting to get tickets? Looking for any helpful information. When I went to matches in Germany & Holland I used Viagogo but I have no idea if that would even be an option for City matches.

I appreciate the help.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: Match tickets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:11 pm

Away to Liverpool, you'll have more chance getting a ticket in corporate or the home end. Tickets for away games at nearby clubs (especially a hotly-contested match like against Liverpool) and against 'new' clubs (i.e. ones we haven't played for many years, like Luton) are almost impossible to get. For the derby, you'd pretty much only be able to get a ticket from a tout or someone who has a spare (season) ticket going at short notice due to illness or other obligations.

Points are used for non-PL games, for the allocation of tickets to those who aren't on cup schemes, as well as (I think) for away games.

Looking at the fixtures, the CL last 16 2nd leg is sandwiched between those 2 games. If we're group winners (highly likely), that game will be at home, and there's a very decent chance you'll be able to get a ticket for it somehow. For the other two, there's close-to-zero hope, so don't book a flight expecting (or even hoping) to get a ticket for them.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby littlebig » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:20 am

I joined a local supporters group who receive allocations for games. They dish them out on an oldest members get first choice basis. This, by the looks of it, is the simplest way of getting a ticket, you don't need City membership.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby phips » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:03 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Away to Liverpool, you'll have more chance getting a ticket in corporate or the home end.

I do not care which section I'm in. I'm well aware of how challenging it's going to be so I can't be picky.

Seems like Stubhub.ie is my best bet. It's gonna be way more expensive than face value but, honestly, probably around the same amount as concert tickets these days.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:44 pm

Resale ur best bet for the liverpool game and as mentioned you will be in the dipper end more than likely.

For someone with no history you wont get the home derby through genuine ways, u need membership and history. You could try bluemoon or other blues to pick you up tickets but will be difficult. The resale option here is prob your best bet and i think they will be slighly cheaper than the liverpool game.

Its just unfortunate ur over for the two biggest games of the season normally as at other times you would find it far far easier.

Any of the big resellers will have tickets for the game,

Let us know how you get on and how much they cost as keen to know.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:35 pm

Well. Just bought my match ticket for the Arsenal home match at the end of March.

Really excited despite definitely paying way too much on StubHub. But, it'll be the first time i get to see City in a competitive match and, who knows, it could be the last chance i ever have to watch Pep's City so I'll try not to think about the price too much.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:02 pm

phips wrote:Well. Just bought my match ticket for the Arsenal home match at the end of March.

Really excited despite definitely paying way too much on StubHub. But, it'll be the first time i get to see City in a competitive match and, who knows, it could be the last chance i ever have to watch Pep's City so I'll try not to think about the price too much.

bloody hell! just taken a look on stubhub :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:30 pm

phips wrote:Well. Just bought my match ticket for the Arsenal home match at the end of March.

Good for you mate. Hopefully a win on the day as well!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:58 am

Just had a look at prices on that site. I really, REALLY want the boys to win for you.

I strongly suspect that after the match, you will not give a fig about the price, just the joy of the experience. I hope you enjoy Manchester in general.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:03 am

How much did they set you back? Was it just the one you were looking for?

If you are around for the villa game 3 days later I might be able to get you a ticket, if interested let me know.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:52 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

How much did they set you back? Was it just the one you were looking for?

If you are around for the villa game 3 days later I might be able to get you a ticket, if interested let me know.

i was looking for one of the "big" matches and after shifting around my travel dates the Arsenal match was the one that worked out.

I'm staying in London so will actually be training up for the Arsenal match. i dunno if i want to do that long train ride again a few days later for Villa. maybe. I'll keep that in mind. cheers.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead