***Chelsea v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Chelsea v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby stupot » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:20 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
stupot wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:I’m not arsed he’s gone. I just happen to think he is a very good player and if he wasn’t we would not have got 45 mill. Anyway he’s a rag fuck him….,

Seeing as how they spunked 120mil on Fernandez, 115 on Caicedo, 80mil on Havertz i don't think it proves he's that good a player.

All looked decent last Sunday. You’ve gone to early mate.Chelsea are coming don’t be daft, I was there the
crowd are up. They are a threat in all comps IMHO.

Well Havertz definitely didn't. I'm not arguing that Chelsea looked good and I agree with you that they're on the up. My point is they way overspend on players. Look at Cucurella as well. Palmer hasn't scored from open play and he's talked about like a Ballon D'or winner
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:41 am

stupot wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
stupot wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:I’m not arsed he’s gone. I just happen to think he is a very good player and if he wasn’t we would not have got 45 mill. Anyway he’s a rag fuck him….,

Seeing as how they spunked 120mil on Fernandez, 115 on Caicedo, 80mil on Havertz i don't think it proves he's that good a player.

All looked decent last Sunday. You’ve gone to early mate.Chelsea are coming don’t be daft, I was there the

Well Havertz definitely didn't. I'm not arguing that Chelsea looked good and I agree with you that they're on the up. My point is they way overspend on players. Look at Cucurella as well. Palmer hasn't scored from open play and he's talked about like a Ballon D'or winner

Similar to when Bruno scored 18 goals that season…13 were penalties!! I think Cole is trying to break that record.

Chelsea lost to Brentford a few weeks ago and looked like they’d be getting demolished by Spurs until the two reds. Last season the Rags won a couple in a row and were “back”. Chelsea aren’t on the up
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PaulieIrish » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:06 am

Did Chelsea beat us? I must have watched a different game...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:42 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
stupot wrote:

Similar to when Bruno scored 18 goals that season…13 were penalties!! I think Cole is trying to break that record.

Chelsea lost to Brentford a few weeks ago and looked like they’d be getting demolished by Spurs until the two reds. Last season the Rags won a couple in a row and were “back”. Chelsea aren’t on the up

OK let’s see. I think your wring Mase. They are a threat. Like our first season under pep some good some not so. Let’s see who’s right…
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:28 pm

If Chelsea get some momentum going and play like they did against us , on a regular basis’, then they will 100% be a threat - they certainly have the players .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If Chelsea get some momentum going and play like they did against us , on a regular basis’, then they will 100% be a threat - they certainly have the players .

Loaded all the bases Carl !
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Outcast » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If Chelsea get some momentum going and play like they did against us , on a regular basis’, then they will 100% be a threat - they certainly have the players .

And there lies their problem. Mind you, at their best and us at our worst and away, they still couldn't beat us.

They can be a threat to top 4, not quiet good enough to compete for the title, their manager is just not good enough for silverware.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 pm

Chelsea won’t be a threat with Poch in charge. This is the same manager that finished 2nd in a one horse league with PSG!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:04 am

gmercer1 wrote:Chelsea won’t be a threat with Poch in charge. This is the same manager that finished 2nd in a one horse league with PSG!

By the same token he took Spurs to a CL final
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:23 am

gmercer1 wrote:Chelsea won’t be a threat with Poch in charge. This is the same manager that finished 2nd in a one horse league with PSG!

I don't mind them at all. Or any other club except the cult and the rags.
I always said it would be healthy for us to be other teams involved who can stop the murderers.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:05 am

nottsblue wrote:

And lost
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:08 am

gmercer1 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

And lost

Granted
But the dippers were given a highly debatable penalty after a minute to skew the game

But the fact an unsuccessful club like Spurs got to the final was a great achievement
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:37 am

Was that the year that Spurs cheated their win against us with the handball? They beat us on the away goals rule which doesn’t exist anymore. Then they only beat Ajax in the next match on away goals rule again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:39 am

nottsblue wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

And lost

Granted
But the dippers were given a highly debatable penalty after a minute to skew the game

But the fact an unsuccessful club like Spurs got to the final was a great achievement

They also got through against us with an even more highly debatable VAR decision. So debatable that not one of their team or backroom staff appealed.
I think the fact that a club like Chelsea with all their money have gone for Poch following Alexander and Lampard shows the lack of top managers out there and our future problem after Pep leaves. He's a manager that regularly qualifies for CL but doesn't win anything.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:41 am

Mase wrote:Was that the year that Spurs cheated their win against us with the handball? They beat us on the away goals rule which doesn’t exist anymore. Then they only beat Ajax in the next match on away goals rule again.

Forgot about the handball as well. We did appeal and VAR did nothing.
Aguero missed a pen in the 1st leg and we've not scored there since
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum