***Chelsea v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Chelsea v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:16 am

salford city wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
Nick wrote:Do people actually think palmer wasn't celebrating?

Totally agree. He did that against Spurs and his other goal for the Chavs

I don't get the fascination with this. Players are paid to perform at their current club. If you score, celebrate. If not, your current clubs' fans should rightly question it. I don't buy the 'respect' shit as, in the main, you left because you wanted to

Totally agree

Let’s say Jackie scores in a cup semi or final v Villa. I want to see him celebrating joyously. Not a muted celebration out of respect for an old club
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stupot » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:29 am

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

I don't get the fascination with this. Players are paid to perform at their current club. If you score, celebrate. If not, your current clubs' fans should rightly question it. I don't buy the 'respect' shit as, in the main, you left because you wanted to

Totally agree

Let’s say Jackie scores in a cup semi or final v Villa. I want to see him celebrating joyously. Not a muted celebration out of respect for an old club

I'm with you, Haaland didn't celebrate when he got the winner against Dortmund last season. It'd be interesting if he did the same if it was a knock out game against them.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:53 am

I was more than happy with Adebayor celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:29 am

Mase wrote:I was more than happy with Adebayor celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans

And Tevez in front of Neville
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Mase wrote:I was more than happy with Adebayor celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans

stupot
De Jong's Tackle

stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Pity it wasn't 3 times. :D
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:30 am

stupot wrote:Pity it wasn't 3 times. :D

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:47 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

Spot on it’s his job. For the record I liked Cole. He scored the worldy at Wembley and left. Class player with arrogance, I wish the lad well but not v us.

Genuine question Hazy, you think Palmer is “class”?

I do Mase he has it. By that I mean he finds space. He has a touch to admire. You can slate me for this no problem. Like David Silva cantona the cunt he plays the game at his pace. Time will tell but imho he is class. The goal v Arsenal is worth a look again. Just come on touch and precession that’s a gift.
A players player. But I heard the rumours when in Istanbul he’s a twat and a rag. I’m judging with my eyes mate. Like Grealish who is energy and arrogance Cole is dive in I dare you.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:54 pm

Appreciate the response mate. Can’t say I agree on the “class” bit. Looks a decent player but very raw. In and out of the Chelsea games from what I’ve heard and hasn’t scored from open play for them. Similar to Sancho in attitude by the sound of what Pep has said.

For me, anyone that hasn’t got the determination to try and get a place in the team after being told by the manager he has a chance, will never be class because they don’t have the attitude.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:17 pm

Mase wrote:Appreciate the response mate. Can’t say I agree on the “class” bit. Looks a decent player but very raw. In and out of the Chelsea games from what I’ve heard and hasn’t scored from open play for them. Similar to Sancho in attitude by the sound of what Pep has said.

For me, anyone that hasn’t got the determination to try and get a place in the team after being told by the manager he has a chance, will never be class because they don’t have the attitude.

I was a fan of Palmer at ours and hoped he'd have kicked on and made it with us. I do agree with both views though - he has the skill and composure but I think he lacks the mental toughness. He's made his choice to back his ability, lets see where he goes from here
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:37 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Appreciate the response mate. Can’t say I agree on the “class” bit. Looks a decent player but very raw. In and out of the Chelsea games from what I’ve heard and hasn’t scored from open play for them. Similar to Sancho in attitude by the sound of what Pep has said.

I was a fan of Palmer at ours and hoped he'd have kicked on and made it with us. I do agree with both views though - he has the skill and composure but I think he lacks the mental toughness. He's made his choice to back his ability, lets see where he goes from here

Add this he was in Peps plans but like the odd one he said no I’m off
MIAMCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:03 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:

Add this he was in Peps plans but like the odd one he said no I’m off

I think him wanting away convinced Pep he wasn't right for us and wasn't bothered about him going to a prem top 6 team, he knows he's another Sancho in the making like Mase said.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:55 pm

Just checking,

Is this the same Cole Palmer who infuriated most, if not all of us, during his time with us? Inconsistent, lightweight, not enough tracking back to name a few traits

The way the media are going on, prime Messi has rocked up at the Bridge

I for one was well happy we got £45m or thereabouts in the summer and the signing of Doku has only reinforced that. Good player he may be, but he wasn’t the right fit at the right time. Him wanting out of a Treble winning side is testament to that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 pm

Amen brother.

It seems everyone we let go is the answer to questions that aren't being asked of us
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:13 am

Palmer is 2023’s Federico Macheda. The actual young scum players are shit so they have latched on to him as he is a rag.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby salford city » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:42 am

I did see another piece on him on the beeb with some no-mark being "surprised " that we had not include a buy-back clause. That, and then the publishing of our annual accounts should answer the question. We make decisions that are in the interests of the club at that time we've not done too badly so far
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:40 pm

I’m not arsed he’s gone. I just happen to think he is a very good player and if he wasn’t we would not have got 45 mill. Anyway he’s a rag fuck him….,
MIAMCFC

Postby stupot » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:02 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:I’m not arsed he’s gone. I just happen to think he is a very good player and if he wasn’t we would not have got 45 mill. Anyway he’s a rag fuck him….,

Seeing as how they spunked 120mil on Fernandez, 115 on Caicedo, 80mil on Havertz i don't think it proves he's that good a player.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:31 am

stupot wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:I’m not arsed he’s gone. I just happen to think he is a very good player and if he wasn’t we would not have got 45 mill. Anyway he’s a rag fuck him….,

Seeing as how they spunked 120mil on Fernandez, 115 on Caicedo, 80mil on Havertz i don't think it proves he's that good a player.

All looked decent last Sunday. You’ve gone to early mate.Chelsea are coming don’t be daft, I was there the crowd are up. They are a threat in all comps IMHO.
MIAMCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum