Haaland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:12 pm

Indianablue wrote:Haaland allegedly injured. Chance for others to shine. Avarwz , Foden, Doku Bobb. Should be interesting. Cant stand the priority Ortega gets just cos its a cup game. Ederson is our number 1 keeper and shpuld play if fit.

Nightmare scenario if Palmer shines

Haaland is just playing the injured game as he knows he was shit once again against RM and with all the comments in the papers and social media surrounding his “tired “ reason for coming off he is just feigning injury now to give him some kind of justification to not play .

I’m glad he’s not playing today .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Haaland allegedly injured. Chance for others to shine. Avarwz , Foden, Doku Bobb. Should be interesting. Cant stand the priority Ortega gets just cos its a cup game. Ederson is our number 1 keeper and shpuld play if fit.

Haaland is just playing the injured game as he knows he was shit once again against RM and with all the comments in the papers and social media surrounding his “tired “ reason for coming off he is just feigning injury now to give him some kind of justification to not play .

Too bad Alvarez isn't stepping up.
I think and hope that Erling will be back to his best next season and that you will have to eat humble pie.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think and hope that Erling will be back to his best next season and that you will have to eat humble pie.

I don’t think there’s any city fan alive that doesn’t want Haaland back to his best next season (ideally before then).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don’t think there’s any city fan alive that doesn’t want Haaland back to his best next season (ideally before then).

Correct. Hes had a good rest so no excuse against Brighton
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:22 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Eh ? I’m talking about the last 9 fucking games he’s played in and overall hes been shit in them !!!! what fucking humble fucking pie is there to eat if he improves from
now on ????? Im talking about his CURRENT FUCKING FORM and not what happens in the future ffs !!

Some of you need to wobble your fucking heads
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:41 pm

Carl, the only head wobbling that needs to take place is on your shoulders.

He's an out and out number 9 ffs. Out and out. The best in the world.

Either give out about the system or learn to know that when we can't supply him he won't score and he won't be involved in the final transition.

Call for a change in system by all means but pipe the fuck down expecting him to come into the game deep.

It's tiresome as fuck.

I love alvarez too by the way but he can run as much as he likes if the end result is the same
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby s1ty m » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:22 am

Alvarez did not step up. Huge disappointment. Lovely to win a game like that, not really our usual thing. Incredible effort by a team playing on fumes.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:12 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Eh ? I’m talking about the last 9 fucking games he’s played in and overall hes been shit in them !!!! what fucking humble fucking pie is there to eat if he improves from
now on ????? Im talking about his CURRENT FUCKING FORM and not what happens in the future ffs !!

He has been playing with an injury. I can't believe you don't realise that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:27 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Eh ? I’m talking about the last 9 fucking games he’s played in and overall hes been shit in them !!!! what fucking humble fucking pie is there to eat if he improves from

He has been playing with an injury. I can't believe you don't realise that.

So are we saying it’s Pep’s fault for playing him whilst he’s got an “injury”?

OD has mentioned that it’s Pep’s fault that this season we’re not playing to Haaland’s strengths like last season, because of the system. Youngest has her first football lesson this morning so I’ve put on Every City Goal from last season on YouTube - OD is spot on, last season we were launching balls into the box for Erling. We were moving the ball so quickly to him and playing through balls, crosses etc. We’re not doing that at all this season.

So why do we think Pep is doing this?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:11 am

I've been critical of his performances recently which have not been quite poor.
But some of the shit I hear is ridiculous. He is a top striker who is having a bad run of form following a two month lay off. This is probably new to him. It happens to all of them. He will come good again, but it looks like it will be next season before we see the best of him again.

I agree were not playing to him. But that's only part of the problem, his touch and control are way off. That's him, nobody else.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 am

Also I think not having the likes of Cancelo (who pinged balls into the box for Haaland), Mahrez, Gundo that’s three players that have left that used to feed Haaland last season - we’ve not replaced them at all. Or we have, but with players that aren’t good enough. So who is that on? Pep? Tixi? It’s not Haaland’s fault.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:23 am

I wonder if the plan for next season is to go back to the Sané-Sterling days and have Doku and Sávio on the wingers feeding Haaland. Imagine two rapid wingers feeding Haaland with Phil behind as well. Ridiculous
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:30 am

Mase wrote:Also I think not having the likes of Cancelo (who pinged balls into the box for Haaland), Mahrez, Gundo that’s three players that have left that used to feed Haaland last season - we’ve not replaced them at all. Or we have, but with players that aren’t good enough. So who is that on? Pep? Tixi? It’s not Haaland’s fault.

There is undoubtedly some trurh in this however does that make him a one or two trick pony? Love the boy he is a fucking scoring machine but he has to adapt when we (mostly) play teams who sit 11 men in and around their own box. His hold up play and general first touch are shite in the main and that needs to change.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:32 am

I think we'll address these issues with good signing next season. Get rid of the deadwood and refresh. Haaland will come back stronger and hungrier. Selling him is out of the question. Pep will need to address it
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:35 am

Outcast wrote:I think we'll address these issues with good signing next season. Get rid of the deadwood and refresh. Haaland will come back stronger and hungrier. Selling him is out of the question. Pep will need to address it

Sávio should be a great attacking option. Yan Couto is an attacking full back in the Cancelo sense. We SHOULD have already a load more players that play to Haaland’s strengths. Depends how Pep wants them to play through, because the Villa Grealish was a different attacking threat to the one we have now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:36 am

Outcast wrote:I think we'll address these issues with good signing next season. Get rid of the deadwood and refresh. Haaland will come back stronger and hungrier. Selling him is out of the question. Pep will need to address it

I reckon that is our plan, it needs to be. I can see a much faster, younger team who can mix it up. Haaland thrives off the early ball and fast attacks. Stick Foden central and Grealish as a 10 and put some legs around them and we are laughing
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:03 am

Why does everything always have to be somebody's fucking fault? Jesus.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:26 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Why does everything always have to be somebody's fucking fault? Jesus.

Yorkshire ripper said the same thing.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:31 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Also I think not having the likes of Cancelo (who pinged balls into the box for Haaland), Mahrez, Gundo that’s three players that have left that used to feed Haaland last season - we’ve not replaced them at all. Or we have, but with players that aren’t good enough. So who is that on? Pep? Tixi? It’s not Haaland’s fault.

There is undoubtedly some trurh in this however does that make him a one or two trick pony? Love the boy he is a fucking scoring machine but he has to adapt when we (mostly) play teams who sit 11 men in and around their own box. His hold up play and general first touch are shite in the main and that needs to change.

I agree - Aguero was and is and will always be a legend and even he had to change his style to fit in....Haaland needs to fucking change his instead of the apologists defending him and blaming everyone else for not putting the ball onto a plate for him....................... we 100% should not have to change everyone else's game just to suit his...we never have done in the past and we shouldn't have to now.

He needs to add more to his game,
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:03 pm

Jesus fucking wept.

Dense
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle