Haaland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:35 am

Outcast wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If his poor season is “only” a prem golden boot, sign him up for a decade please.

We’ve been spoiled by one of the greatest ever seasons a striker has had in England last year and this year he’s only been very good, not great.

On a similar note Alvarez hasn’t been shooting the lights out to replace him or maybe a rest would be in order by now.

How many games has he played upfront to be shooting lights out?

One is a great goal machine and the latter is fantastic at pressing up front

Stop comparing

Spot on
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If his poor season is “only” a prem golden boot, sign him up for a decade please.

We’ve been spoiled by one of the greatest ever seasons a striker has had in England last year and this year he’s only been very good, not great.

On a similar note Alvarez hasn’t been shooting the lights out to replace him or maybe a rest would be in order by now.

Stop comparing

Spot on

Alao, finding a way to play Alvarez off Haaland without having to play Alvarez out wide and not losing control and creativity in midfield would take us to another level that's the way we need to be thinking wirh incoming transfers
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:54 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Stop comparing

Spot on

Alao, finding a way to play Alvarez off Haaland without having to play Alvarez out wide and not losing control and creativity in midfield would take us to another level that's the way we need to be thinking wirh incoming transfers

PeP always has to fuck around with players natural positions instead of just fucking using them in their natural positions.....Alvarez being a prime example , plays him mostly areas he just doesn't naturally play in and then when hes finally given one chance to play upfront on his own and he just happens to under perform hes fucking slated by some on here !!!!!.....he just doesn't get the chances that Haaland gets game after game to find a rhythm and he certainly doesn't get the deluded comments on how ' he helps bring other players into the game' excuses that some on here give to Haalands when hes not scoring....fuckign laughable.

Ive said it before - if Alvarez went to Dippers , Arsenal or spurs and they use him as they should do he will more than likely be the top scorer in the prem or thereabouts.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:33 pm

Alvarez top scorer at dippers ,arsenal or spurs- you mean like Haaland is now on a supposed dip after 2 months out. 2 months incidentally in which Alvarez had his natural position the whole time. I hardly see anyone slaughtering Alvarez on here - he's good but he's not the best and that's what's in front of him. Pep improves players constantly by playing them in different positions, i don't see anyone having a go at Gvardiol now. Nobody wanted Ake at left back, that's worked a treat and then look at Stones. Aguero for however much we loved him was top scorer in the PL once i think. I know you refuse to admit that he created loads of space for people running onto the other night but it's a fact.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:19 pm

It's amazing we are where we are despite Pep not having a clue in so many different areas. Plays players in the wrong positions, doesn't know how to use substitutions properly and continues to play haaland even though he's useless.

Is pep the problem here and not haaland perhaps?

Food for thought
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's amazing we are where we are despite Pep not having a clue in so many different areas. Plays players in the wrong positions, doesn't know how to use substitutions properly and continues to play haaland even though he's useless.

Food for thought

I said it before, he's the best Premier league manager ever if not the best to embrace these shores. You can't deny some of his over thinking cost us dear in champions league and other Cup games. He isn't perfect like all other great managers. I don't think Haaland should be sold at all, thats crazy talk. dropping him could lead to disharmony or maybe the kick in the backside he needs to rediscover his imperious form of last season. It's a delicate situation. I wouldn't drop him at this stage of season, too risky and gives momentus to our rivals. However, there are games more suited to Alverez, occupying defenders is one thing, keeping pressure upfront gives our midfield and defenders space to breath. I
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:19 pm

Can’t help but feel all this nonsense from Keane, Van Der Fart, etc is to get his value down so shitty clubs like Madrid can try and offer us fuck off for him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's amazing we are where we are despite Pep not having a clue in so many different areas. Plays players in the wrong positions, doesn't know how to use substitutions properly and continues to play haaland even though he's useless.

Food for thought

Shall we hold hands and sing we are the world ?

Is that what your after on this web site ? Shall we all agree just to make you and fucking stupot happy ?

There are pundits who are saying the same thing - are they clueless as well ? All of them ?

Here’s the thing - we all have opinions and amongst those opinions there are also truths amongst comments that you don’t like.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:50 pm

Carl, it's not about singing we are the world or holding hands.

And hard as it is to take 99pc of pundits seriously, it's even harder to take anything you say seriously, when you have so many question marks over pep's managerial ability so often and claim to have all the answers yourself.

Haaland has 19 premier league goals in 24 starts this season, despite all of the issues debated above.

I think he has 80 goals in 89 games for us and I think he may have the best goals to games ratio for any top league player at his age in the history of the game.

He'll improve, no doubt it. Like all players as they reach the ripe old age of 24
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:Carl, it's not about singing we are the world or holding hands.

And hard as it is to take 99pc of pundits seriously, it's even harder to take anything you say seriously, when you have so many question marks over pep's managerial ability so often and claim to have all the answers yourself.

I CALL IT AS I SEE IT , SOME FANS AND PUNDITS AGREE WITH ME AND SOME DON'T JUST AS SOME FANS WONT AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION.
I HAVE GIVEN PEP PLENTY OF PRAISE NUMEROUS TIMES AND IVE CALLED HIM OUT WHEN I THINK HE DESERVES TO BE CALLED OUT JUST LIKE OTHER FANS DO.( YOU NEVER DO AND NEVER HAVE)

Haaland has 19 premier league goals in 24 starts this season, despite all of the issues debated above.

HES SCORED ONE IN THE LAST 5

I think he has 80 goals in 89 games for us and I think he may have the best goals to games ratio for any top league player at his age in the history of the game.

He'll improve, no doubt it. Like all players as they reach the ripe old age of 24
MY ISSUE IS HIS ' CURRENT FORM ' ESPECIALLY AS NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE FUCKING MISSING GOALS OR GENERALLY BEING A SPARE PART ON THE PITCH.
MY ISSUE IS HE SHOULD BE SUBBED IF ALL HE IS DOING IS ' OPENING SPACE FOR OTHER PLAYERS' BUT FANS LIKE YOU ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HAVE HIM ON THE PITCH EVEN THOUGH HES ONLY SCORED 1 IN THE LAST 5 MATCHES.

I thought I would shout to give you a flash back from 2001 !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:36 am

Haaland Haaland Haaland will be ringing around the Etihad. He’s a machine who needs service. If Madrid put two on him again I think Pep will be happy on Wed. Let’s beat Luton first.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:46 am

It's fair to say his form is not at its very best at the moment, but it will click in at some stage soon.
I want him to start today.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:35 am

MIAMCFC wrote:Haaland Haaland Haaland will be ringing around the Etihad. He’s a machine who needs service. If Madrid put two on him again I think Pep will be happy on Wed. Let’s beat Luton first.

I ,like any city fan, will be jumping up and down if he does score and against Luton I expect him to score a couple at least.
I don’t think we have anything to worry about today - I can see us thrashing them no matter who plays .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:39 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Carl, it's not about singing we are the world or holding hands.

I CALL IT AS I SEE IT , SOME FANS AND PUNDITS AGREE WITH ME AND SOME DON'T JUST AS SOME FANS WONT AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION.
I HAVE GIVEN PEP PLENTY OF PRAISE NUMEROUS TIMES AND IVE CALLED HIM OUT WHEN I THINK HE DESERVES TO BE CALLED OUT JUST LIKE OTHER FANS DO.( YOU NEVER DO AND NEVER HAVE)

HES SCORED ONE IN THE LAST 5

MY ISSUE IS HIS ' CURRENT FORM ' ESPECIALLY AS NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE FUCKING MISSING GOALS OR GENERALLY BEING A SPARE PART ON THE PITCH.
MY ISSUE IS HE SHOULD BE SUBBED IF ALL HE IS DOING IS ' OPENING SPACE FOR OTHER PLAYERS' BUT FANS LIKE YOU ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HAVE HIM ON THE PITCH EVEN THOUGH HES ONLY SCORED 1 IN THE LAST 5 MATCHES.

I thought I would shout to give you a flash back from 2001 !!

Nice, got a bit nostalgic there.

Pep was just saying in his presser that he was happy Madrid put two players on him and he hopes they do it again.

I absolutely agree btw that alvarez should be starting in his place for certain games depending on the opposition.

This will also keep alvarez sharp in front of goal whilst resting haaland.

What I don't like is alvarez being pigeon holed into other positions on a long term basis.

I get why Pep does this all over the pitch and it works brilliantly. It allows us to have a smaller squad because 90pc of players can play in multiple positions.

However, I'd rather alvarez only played out of position because of injuries etc.

Btw 1 in his last 5 isn't a disaster. All strikers go a few games without scoring. This one tends to make up for it in his next few games though.

Let's see
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kippax Sean » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:48 am

He'll be taken off today after he scores 4 in 30 mins first half.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 am

Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 am

Hes been a fucking disappointment this season so far and has played average AT BEST the last 2 months.
Scoring 20 goals means fuckall if he cannot do it against must win games like last night.

Tired of the excuses some fans give this man and yet they slaughter Alvarez, who pep has absolutely fucked up making him play in shit positions most of the time.(no surprise the guy has lost, or seems to have lost , his confidence)

I honestly hope we sell him to a manager who uses him correctly and he carries on being the top world cup winner that he is and carries on doing what hes done in all of his career....scoring goals.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:49 am

https://x.com/mcfcjugo/status/178129174 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Brilliant Haaland goal against Bayern last year in the Champions League. See how he bullies the Bayern centre backs. A loss of confidence this year?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 am

blues2win wrote:https://x.com/mcfcjugo/status/1781291748859273501?s=61&t=6ifllXVJePmO9Awxy5lqVQ

Brilliant Haaland goal against Bayern last year in the Champions League. See how he bullies the Bayern centre backs. A loss of confidence this year?

He’d just missed a penalty before that if I remember. The fact he missed it, didn’t let missing it affect him, and went on to score that is a huge difference to this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:00 pm

Haaland allegedly injured. Chance for others to shine. Avarwz , Foden, Doku Bobb. Should be interesting. Cant stand the priority Ortega gets just cos its a cup game. Ederson is our number 1 keeper and shpuld play if fit.

Nightmare scenario if Palmer shines
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum