Everton deducted 10 points

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Everton deducted 10 points

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:53 pm

Mase wrote:Everton fans moaning about us getting charged, they’re missing the opportunity to ask why the fuck teams like United can have in hundreds of millions of pounds of debt and not get fined. Isn’t that more comparable for them?

But although the rags are a billion in debt they still turn a profit. Whereas Everton have announced losses for the last 5 years totalling over £430M. Now a good chunk of this is done to the costs of the new stadium, but even so, a loss is a loss. Whereas the rags are financially stable enough to pay the interest on the debt, rather like how most of us pay our mortgages I guess.

But I absolutely agree that it can’t be right to simply load the club with debt. And as it goes, what’s to stop an owner loaning the money to the club and receive interest on it to ensure they technically spend “within their means”?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Everton fans moaning about us getting charged, they’re missing the opportunity to ask why the fuck teams like United can have in hundreds of millions of pounds of debt and not get fined. Isn’t that more comparable for them?

But although the rags are a billion in debt they still turn a profit. Whereas Everton have announced losses for the last 5 years totalling over £430M. Now a good chunk of this is done to the costs of the new stadium, but even so, a loss is a loss. Whereas the rags are financially stable enough to pay the interest on the debt, rather like how most of us pay our mortgages I guess.

But I absolutely agree that it can’t be right to simply load the club with debt. And as it goes, what’s to stop an owner loaning the money to the club and receive interest on it to ensure they technically spend “within their means”?

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproj ... -fair-play
Platini's original idea for FFP was exactly for that. To stop clubs running up high debts. It was corrupted by the cartel clubs who used their combined power to change what was a very good idea into a weapon, as shown in this article, to ensure they kept their snouts in the trough while shutting the door on new money coming in.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Er sorry they have been posting losses

"Man United lose £28.7m in 2022-23 despite record revenues "

The main reason the Glazers are wanting new money in is because they can no longer feed from the Accumulated profits from before Covid. That well has dried up , to use a term we City fans are used to have thrown at us , from the not so slick, oiled rag und scouse fans.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:23 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Er sorry they have been posting losses

"Man United lose £28.7m in 2022-23 despite record revenues "

The main reason the Glazers are wanting new money in is because they can no longer feed from the Accumulated profits from before Covid. That well has dried up , to use a term we City fans are used to have thrown at us , from the not so slick, oiled rag und scouse fans.

My bad. I thought they had announced profits the last couple of years. Clearly not
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:45 pm

The thing with the Rags and soon Scouse , is that their teams are at their limits. Rags have wasted hundreds of millions buying dross. Why have they not got rid of their debts ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:58 pm

zuricity wrote:The thing with the Rags and soon Scouse , is that their teams are at their limits. Rags have wasted hundreds of millions buying dross. Why have they not got rid of their debts ?

Assume it’s because the Glazers take it out?
nottsblue

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:The thing with the Rags and soon Scouse , is that their teams are at their limits. Rags have wasted hundreds of millions buying dross. Why have they not got rid of their debts ?

Good on 'em!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:51 pm

Just waiting for the relegated clubs turning up in court to feed off Everton's carcass now - yanks at the front of the queue..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:57 am

nottsblue wrote:

Are they taking out dividends or interest payments on the loans ?

I have not followed their financial fuckery.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:15 am

Simon Jordan will be jizzing himself at this
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:56 am

Outcast wrote:Simon Jordan will be jizzing himself at this

He LOVES to paraphrase to force through his fuckign narrative..he just cannot quote facts.

He fucking despises us and its about as clear and obvious as is the premiership wanting us sanctioned/relegated/nuked.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:01 am

carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:10 am

Love this let's fucking have it you yank bastards
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous