***Treble Winners v Dippers Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Dippers Official Match Thread***

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:01 pm

Pep was very positive after the match. Said we’d restricted a good set of attacking dippers to two chances. Wrote the draw off as one of those things. Defended really well but didn’t put away our chances was his take.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:29 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
blues2win wrote:Another point about the chalked off goal was that Alisson clearly knew he was in trouble so he went down clutching his foot for no reason. In other words he tried to con the referee. Result.

the victims can no longer moan about the diaz ‘goal’ at spurs now.

want to bet, if they lose the league by a point it will be moaning till the next season
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Nickyboy » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:22 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
blues2win wrote:Another point about the chalked off goal was that Alisson clearly knew he was in trouble so he went down clutching his foot for no reason. In other words he tried to con the referee. Result.

the victims can no longer moan about the diaz ‘goal’ at spurs now.

want to bet, if they lose the league by a point it will be moaning till the next season

I'd fucking love it if we beat them by a point. Would be hilarious watching them cry and moan about it
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Very surprised by the disallowed goal having looked at it again. Alisson extremely fortunate. If the referee had given it I doubt it would have been overturned by VAR.

One of the worst decisions of the season. Arteta was crying about Newcastle winner where it was marginal at best. This was a perfectly good goal disallowed for effectively nothing. Then at 2-0 we probably go on to see the game out and collect three points and go four clear of the dippers.

It will be brushed over as if it barely happened unless Pep goes to town on it. Which he won’t. See on Monday on Sky if Dermot Gallagher on RefWatch suggests it was an incorrect decision. My hard earned is on him saying it was the correct decision to rule it out

Surprise surprise, Gallagher says there was enough contact to rule it out. Laughable
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:43 am

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Very surprised by the disallowed goal having looked at it again. Alisson extremely fortunate. If the referee had given it I doubt it would have been overturned by VAR.

One of the worst decisions of the season. Arteta was crying about Newcastle winner where it was marginal at best. This was a perfectly good goal disallowed for effectively nothing. Then at 2-0 we probably go on to see the game out and collect three points and go four clear of the dippers.

It will be brushed over as if it barely happened unless Pep goes to town on it. Which he won’t. See on Monday on Sky if Dermot Gallagher on RefWatch suggests it was an incorrect decision. My hard earned is on him saying it was the correct decision to rule it out

Surprise surprise, Gallagher says there was enough contact to rule it out. Laughable

If those were his exact words, it is quite revealing.

The man is a fucking stooge..
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:17 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

If those were his exact words, it is quite revealing.

The man is a fucking stooge..

http://www.skysports.com/share/13017347
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:50 am

Why is it always Akanji that’s involved in these things? The guy is a walking fuck up magnet.
Running behind Rashford instead of just going through him. Stood offside for Ake’s goal against Fulham. Saturday challenging the keeper. CL final shite back pass to Ederson.
Last edited by Mase on Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:24 am

Mase wrote:Why is it always Akanji that’s involved in this things? The guy is a walking fuck up magnet.
Running behind Rashford instead of just going through him. Stood offside for Ake’s goal against Fulham. Saturday challenging the keeper. CL final shite back pass to Ederson.

I'm trying really hard not to bring it up, you just had to didn't you lol.
We look more solid with Stones and Dias at centre back. I know the cunt is always injured, I'd rather give Givvy a go at centre back and develop him, I know he's raw but he's got potential to be world class. Just needs to a good run. Akanji is just limited, too cut clean, very good squad player.

I honestly don't think we would have conceded had Stones played.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:53 am

Can't blame akanji for this no foul, hardly any contact. Allison let the ball through his gloves, instantly knew he was fucked, and hit the deck holding his leg, which was completely untouched.
Perfectly good goal.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:47 am

sheblue wrote:Can't blame akanji for this no foul, hardly any contact. Allison let the ball through his gloves, instantly knew he was fucked, and hit the deck holding his leg, which was completely untouched.
Perfectly good goal.

I don’t think anyone is saying it isn’t. But why it’s always Akanji involved in these things?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:An observation from my lad. He watched on TV. The Allison dropped it. Have PGMOL run from another LFC victim complex drama. Worse. Gary Neville…… Incident Doku 2nd half. He skips past Matip. “First thing said That’s a dive. GN Replay ooh he does get him. Normal GN would be, “ He’s in trouble here that’s not pretty. If VAR get involved this could be a red. Actually it was a bad tackle possibly an orange for me now I’ve seen it , but this season has seen Reds for above the ankle tackles. GN nothing he goes radio silent same on the mistake by the keeper. So has the victim’s public hissy fit worked, and why is GN silent when in the studio TBF Jamie C said he has got away with that for me is a goal. A rare thing but actually the script was ignored. GN is a clever Cunt he knows what he’s doing. And my biased brain tells me if that was AKE or Rueben it’s a whole different commentary!!

And Neville’s latest pearl of wisdom is TAA is on a par with KDB

Maybe at right back, but that's still debatable. In general or in midfield, no fucking way.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum