***City vs Leipzig official UCL Match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City vs Leipzig official UCL Match thread***

Postby Rodrigoal » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:43 pm

I completely agree with your assessment. It appears that Haaland is scoring goals despite Doku actions, not because of them.
Rodrigoal
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:10 pm

Mase wrote:Lewis could do that Rodri role if/when he needs a rest. Probably the best option we have as a backup for Rodri.
Sadly there isn't another player around who can replace Rodri, Stones not Lewis is the only one in our squad who can give him a break.
Despite Rico's many precocious talents he just hasn't got physical assets needed for that role. He played well in the second half last night after the substitutions as part of an attacking midfield trio with Alvarez & Foden. Along with the rest his performance in the first half was one to forget and he missed an easy chance to equalise. Great prospect for us and the national team but currently a distance from being first choice for either.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Lewis could do that Rodri role if/when he needs a rest. Probably the best option we have as a backup for Rodri.
Sadly there isn't another player around who can replace Rodri, Stones not Lewis is the only one in our squad who can give him a break.
Despite Rico's many precocious talents he just hasn't got physical assets needed for that role. He played well in the second half last night after the substitutions as part of an attacking midfield trio with Alvarez & Foden. Along with the rest his performance in the first half was one to forget and he missed an easy chance to equalise. Great prospect for us and the national team but currently a distance from being first choice for either.

He's only 19 , another growth spurt and he'll grow into the role easy.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:11 pm

Rico has been training at his dad’s martial arts gym since he was 3 years old. He can handle the physical side of things just fine.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:16 pm

And what's will all this pushing all of a sudden ? Doku clearly manhandled several times .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby stupot » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Mase wrote:Rico has been training at his dad’s martial arts gym since he was 3 years old. He can handle the physical side of things just fine.

His dad's a Thai Boxing British Champion, Rico won about 30 fights there as a kid until City put the blocks on it. You're right, he can definitely handle the physical side and more than Stones can since he appears to be made of glass.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Indianablue » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:Don't think we'll see much of Lewis in defence..he's just going to be too good a midfielder.
he was in midfield both halves the difference was Ake and Doku and Alvarez.

Agreed
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum