Jack Grealish - “Predictable”

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jack Grealish - “Predictable”

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:10 pm

I think Souness is guilty of plagiarism, it’s clear this article has been copied and pasted from a post on this forum. Only one person could have written that headline, no prizes for guessing who :lol:

GRAEME SOUNESS: No threat, no end-product and no goals... with Jeremy Doku now Man City's go-to player, Jack Grealish needs to have a close look at himself

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... alish.html
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Jack Grealish - “Predictable”

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:13 pm

Spot on .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:36 pm

So fuckin random :lol: Rags have plenty of players that have come in for big money and are utter shite - Antony, Sancho, Martial, Casemiro, Maguire, this shite striker that can’t hit a barn door…. but no mention. Total random to pick out a player that was integral to us winning the treble 5 months ago.

Sounds like a miserable old cunt being bitter about a young player in his prime that’s just won everything there is to win.

These types of stories are why I can’t understand City fans getting on the back of some of our players. They already get pelters from the media, do you just want them to be a shell of a player? Doesn’t make sense.

Also can’t believe Souness knows more than Pep. Bin Pep off and get Graeme in! Quick!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:04 pm

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:07 pm

No goals in last 30 appearances for club and country is poor to say the least
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:29 pm

I like Grealish, great personality, bags of talent but Souness is 100% right. Grealish is terrified of losing the ball at City, never was at Villa, and takes the easy pass all the time. Back to the full back, square ball to the middle. I'm not asking him to take on his man all the time or that too becomes predicatable but he has to vary what he does, pass the ball earlier, take the shot. He is 28 now and is capable of doing all these things, fitness and talent is there. Come on Jack, use it.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:31 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:I like Grealish, great personality, bags of talent but Souness is 100% right. Grealish is terrified of losing the ball at City, never was at Villa, and takes the easy pass all the time. Back to the full back, square ball to the middle. I'm not asking him to take on his man all the time or that too becomes predicatable but he has to vary what he does, pass the ball earlier, take the shot. He is 28 now and is capable of doing all these things, fitness and talent is there. Come on Jack, use it.

It’s not Jack’s fault though is it. He’s already said he’s scared to lose the ball and has been told not to express himself.

It’s clearly instructions from Pep.

Pep out - Souness in.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Spot on .

Q.E.D. :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:03 pm

Has there been an outbreak of Altzheimers on here? Jack was key to the treble, suffered a bad injury early doors and is still finding his way back to form and fitness. We have 2/3 of the season to come and fyi he is predictably excellent.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:05 pm

Mase wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:I like Grealish, great personality, bags of talent but Souness is 100% right. Grealish is terrified of losing the ball at City, never was at Villa, and takes the easy pass all the time. Back to the full back, square ball to the middle. I'm not asking him to take on his man all the time or that too becomes predicatable but he has to vary what he does, pass the ball earlier, take the shot. He is 28 now and is capable of doing all these things, fitness and talent is there. Come on Jack, use it.

It’s not Jack’s fault though is it. He’s already said he’s scared to lose the ball and has been told not to express himself.

It’s clearly instructions from Pep.

Pep out - Souness in.

I'm sure all our players are told not to lose possession easily but how they take that on board is up to them. Doku takes men on, I'm sure he's had similar instructions as Grealish. Our overall philosophy is safe possession and make the opposition over commit but Grealish seems to have taken the don't lose possession thing to heart.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:37 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Has there been an outbreak of Altzheimers on here? Jack was key to the treble, suffered a bad injury early doors and is still finding his way back to form and fitness. We have 2/3 of the season to come and fyi he is predictably excellent.

He’s been shit this season , regardless of excuse A B and C .
He’s also not taken the chances he’s been given recently to push Doku on the bench - fact .

He needs to up his game - it’s that simple .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:06 pm

I'm a Grealish fan, but have to say Souness is spot on.
I'll say it again, he's not and never will be a top class winger, he needs to play as an old style inside forward.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:I'm a Grealish fan, but have to say Souness is spot on.
I'll say it again, he's not and never will be a top class winger, he needs to play as an old style inside forward.

He’s not spot on :lol: “Pep prefers Doku” what’s that based on when Jack came back and was put straight in the team over Doku at Old Toilet. He was due to start again and was sick so Pep was forced to put in Casper against Chelsea - who stank the place up.

Grealish’s “style” was fine and probably integral to us winning the treble last season. Those games against Bayern and Madrid where we couldn’t lose possession he was spot on for.

Hes not a winger, but we don’t play with “wingers” and haven’t done since we had Sanè on the left and Sterling on the right.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:47 pm

Mase wrote:

He’s not spot on :lol: “Pep prefers Doku” what’s that based on when Jack came back and was put straight in the team over Doku at Old Toilet. He was due to start again and was sick so Pep was forced to put in Casper against Chelsea - who stank the place up.

Grealish’s “style” was fine and probably integral to us winning the treble last season. Those games against Bayern and Madrid where we couldn’t lose possession he was spot on for.

Hes not a winger, but we don’t play with “wingers” and haven’t done since we had Sanè on the left and Sterling on the right.

What position does Doku play then?
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:05 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Left of a front 3. Doku is a natural “winger” but will have that beaten out of him soon by Pep.

When its Doku Haaland Alvarez are you suggesting Alvarez is playing right wing? Or that we’re just playing unbalanced?

If Pep was unhappy with Jack then why would he continue to play him in our most important games?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:14 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Left of a front 3. Doku is a natural “winger” but will have that beaten out of him soon by Pep.

When its Doku Haaland Alvarez are you suggesting Alvarez is playing right wing? Or that we’re just playing unbalanced?

If Pep was unhappy with Jack then why would he continue to play him in our most important games?

Alverez is the worst example, he never plays wide. Berard does, but not in a classic winger style. As did Mahrez.
Jack on the left however plays down the touchline.
Pep keeps playing him because he knows his capabilities.

However he has been awful this season, which is what Souness is talking about. Entirely predictable, goes inside then passes square or back..

I would much prefer him in Gundo's old position, because he's wasted out on the left.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:39 pm

That’s not true at all. When it’s a front three we don’t play with “wingers”. Alvarez has been playing to the right of Haaland and Doku or Grealish to the left.

Agree about Grealish being played in the Gundo role.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:06 pm

He rarely looks like trying to go outside his man. He tracks back and his ball retention is good but he has to do more on the ball. Doku had a very good assist in one of the international matches playing on the right so he can play there.

The Walker right wing experiment needs to come to an end. He left Dias badly exposed for Leipzigs second goal ( Dias should have done better but still). If Walker plays he should play as a right back using his pace to nullify a speedy left winger, not as a midfielder or right winger. I’d like to see Rico playing inside Bernardo on the right with Foden inside Doku on the Left. We created fuck all on the Right hand side on Tuesday while Walker played there.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:59 am

Jack has had a stop start season. Funny we all said he tortured Terrence Trent Darby last season. Doku is exciting Jack looks safe and dare I say steady. We need Gucci Grealish back.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:07 am

Has Pep been sacked yet and Souness brought in?
We need to hurry because he won’t be out of a job for too long Souness. Class manager.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum