***Treble Winners v Trophy Dodgers Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Trophy Dodgers Official Match Thread

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:39 pm

Re doku - crazy to call out our only threat (who along with foden was subbed) he was pants today thought he did a grealish every time.

I also thought he wasn't allll that against Liverpool and got rave reviews.

Don't like akanji and unconvinced by josko but settle a back 4 and stones back asap

All gash today again especially the bent ref
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:40 pm

We created a lot of chances. Hit the post three times. As for the goals looked like individual errors. Ederson on the first goal certainly although Doku was feebly brushed aside. Walker played ok but then allowed the cross in far too easily for the third and Ake’s challenge for the ball was not good enough. Damn good finish for the second. I thought Gvardiol had a good game as did Dias for the most part. Doku hit the post and helped create the second goal. Alvarez hit the post and helped create the third goal. It’s frustrating when we concede but as good an attacking side as Spurs are didn’t have many chances. Credit to them for not parking the bus.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:16 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:I've just seen a close up of Hooper at the incident late on. There was no sound but it looks like he may have given a foul and then pulled it back because the ball was moving when Haaland played it to Grealish. Or maybe not.

Need to look closer. Ref waved play on then just as the ball was landing in front of Grealish you hear him blow thw whistle for a foul. A mistake but a very bad one.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:22 pm

Great popping in here every so often to see how many of our players are dogs and shouldn't play for the team again.
And Pep wow he doesn't have a clue about team selection and should start to listen to the sages on here. :lol:

Just thought I'd say hello and see how interesting the responses will be to somebody not posting negatively on here. Seem to remember we won the treble last season , must have been a fluke.

Over to you guys to see if anyone can beat Carl with a response
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:30 pm

I think the ref blew because he thought Grealish was offside so no advantage. He certainly wasn’t and there was no flag from the linesman. A really bad decision.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Par for the course - we shouldn't give them the chance though. Worrying lack of creative play, also agree that Alvarez is not a midfield natural and Gvardiol is struggling.

We seem to lose focus near the end of the games this season, something we usually were really good at last year.
Arse - Shield, conceided in extra time, Arse in the league in the 86th minute, Chavs 96 minute, murdering cunts 80, Today 89.

A very worrying pattern. Whilst our rivals are winning games in this period of games.

Maybe Pep will just have to trust Jack or Phil to play the Gundo 8/10 role - Rodri can't do it all on his own.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:17 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great popping in here every so often to see how many of our players are dogs and shouldn't play for the team again.
And Pep wow he doesn't have a clue about team selection and should start to listen to the sages on here. :lol:

Just thought I'd say hello and see how interesting the responses will be to somebody not posting negatively on here. Seem to remember we won the treble last season , must have been a fluke.

If you never popped in on this site again , 99.9% on here wouldn't give 2 fucks as you offer fuck all.

Your the smarmiest prick on this site..you add nothing on a match thread until the match is over then you join in....when I say join in I actually mean you write some smarmy response that's only worthy of a response like this one.

Stick to being a voyeur up your fuckign ladder you TiT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:32 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:I've just seen a close up of Hooper at the incident late on. There was no sound but it looks like he may have given a foul and then pulled it back because the ball was moving when Haaland played it to Grealish. Or maybe not.

Need to look closer. Ref waved play on then just as the ball was landing in front of Grealish you hear him blow thw whistle for a foul. A mistake but a very bad one.

I agree, I was trying to play Devils Advocate and see it from a neutral, probably biased view and try to make it make sense. The audio shows he definitely didn't blow until Grealish was through on the keeper.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:03 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great popping in here every so often to see how many of our players are dogs and shouldn't play for the team again.

Good to hear from you, mate. Hope all is well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:13 am

Nick wrote:Re doku - crazy to call out our only threat (who along with foden was subbed) he was pants today thought he did a grealish every time.

I also thought he wasn't allll that against Liverpool and got rave reviews.

Don't like akanji and unconvinced by josko but settle a back 4 and stones back asap

All gash today again especially the bent ref

Funny, the shot by Doku that hit the crossbar and then post, if that goes in, a very different narrative.
Alvarez too, very unlucky. Sometimes you need that bit of luck.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:15 am

Stones and Dias centre backs combo and we're solid, hardly concede. Akanji can't lead the line and is a shit partner to Dias. Ake and Dias combo did alright. What's the point paying 80m for a talented centre back then play him out of position? Yet we're playing a second tier reject regularly at the heart of defence.

I know Akanji fanboys will say he did nothing wrong, in other words just unanimous. We need leaders and partnerships that work, Akanji and Dias isn't working.

We could argue back and forth about forward play, we still scored 3, the defence needs addressing promptly.

It's quite embarrasing we can't beat a deflated Spurs at home, that's on Pep as much as the players. It's not a one off, we haven't scored at theirs ffs.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:07 am

How the fuck was it a "mistake" by the ref? It was cheating end of.

And yes, please bin akanji.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:15 am

Nick wrote:How the fuck was it a "mistake" by the ref? It was cheating end of.

And yes, please bin akanji.

It could have been a mistake had he not signalled for play on before then realising we were one on one. But the fact he signalled and then blew up proved the fat bald cunt knew what he was doing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:26 pm

We could do with a few 'mistakes' in our favour Wednesday night! We're going to be up against it.
Rodri and Jack banned, looks like Doku is out too. Stones not match fit, Nunes was injured, not sure if he is back and of course Kev still out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby city72 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:44 pm

sheblue wrote:We could do with a few 'mistakes' in our favour Wednesday night! We're going to be up against it.
Rodri and Jack banned, looks like Doku is out too. Stones not match fit, Nunes was injured, not sure if he is back and of course Kev still out.

Time for some young uns to step up like that kid at Newcastle has done last few games
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:04 pm

Can anyone tell me why pep doesn't play his best back 4 on a weekly basis ? ( even when everyone is fit he still doesn't play a settled back 4 )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby s1ty m » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can anyone tell me why pep doesn't play his best back 4 on a weekly basis ? ( even when everyone is fit he still doesn't play a settled back 4 )

No, I have no idea. His obsession with Akanji is disturbing, he is a total liability.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby stupot » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:00 pm

I'm not Akanji's biggest fan myself but he played more games than any other defender for us last season and it didn't end up too badly.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Good to hear from you, mate. Hope all is well.

All good thx , hope you're well too. Glad to see normal service on here
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Indianablue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:28 pm

Very positive, the reason we stroll around like bily big bollocks is because we won the treble and the players believe they are world beaters. Complacency divides the very good from the truly great. TRoo many of our team are not concentrating or working hard enough. Tottenham wasn't the first game that this has been part of our DNA this season.

Akanji playing in the wrong position, not creative or fast enough to be a DM - just a solid utility sub
Ake , consistent for most of the time yet not a first choice
Doku, great going forward but not a defender, why use him as a cover?
Walker relies on his pace to cover his mistakes, like a sieve when it comes to crosses
Grealish, predictable, immature and a fucking idiot at times ( but likeable )
Alvarez, great forward and a real hustler, best played further forward
Haaland, inconsitent compared to last season and has missed some sitters but still our best asset up front. Rarely hit with an early thru ball and gets frustrated
Bernardo - great player but often stifled.
Lewis - great player still learning , has a great game then rested WTF?
Peps use of subs is still puzzling , Stones on the bench but not used - is he fit? if so play him or bring him on or pay me to warm my arse on the bench

Why do we insist on trying to pass the ball over the line ? Too many touches, its a simple game , this one is on Pep

Tottenham and Liverpool and Leipzig were keen to play football yet we struggled badly against them at times something just aint right and it's not being negative to point it out
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum