***Villa v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Villa v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:51 pm

Haaland is also just as fuckign guilty for missing his easy chances...hes cost us a fair few points, over the last few games, due to his unmissable fucking misses !!

Maybe he needs dropping to the bench and we just have Alvarez play a couple of games in his favored position and lets see how that goes.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Stones played his entire career as a CB…until end of last season.

Exactly. A career. A guy with probably 300 games experience. Not an 18 year old with 25 games

Surely it would be easier for a kid, green, to get into another role than someone that’s played 300 games in one position?

Ultimately if Pep thinks he came play midfield then I’d rather trust the guy that sees him every day in training.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:20 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
occasionally played right back for us, Everton and Barnsley I believe.

So a player can play a different position to what they’ve been taught. I agree. Lewis can play midfield.
but not yet at the standard required in the PL unfortunately as everyone can see.

Everyone apart from Pep then do you mean? The guy who sees him train every day.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:Difficult to defend last night. It was a poor performance. But calm down please. We know the drill we will be there in May. Some comments should be in a classic went early. Cheer up all x

Yes lets calm down shall we.........The scum ,who are supposedly the laughing stock of the premier league, are a massive 3 points behind us but lets ignore that fact shall we....nothing to worry about here.

What I watched at Villa park was almost predicted. Everyone we play are up for it. It’s football I was at Villa when Daren Bent took there only chance 0-1. It was a tough watch. I said it Gundo would be a massive miss. Let’s also acknowledge Villa are flying and we got peppered. Haaland is not our issue BTW he was starved. I will also mention Phil. Look at Bellingham he is ba the main man now at Madrid. C’mon Phil it’s time to step on the gas and be a leader.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Haaland is also just as fuckign guilty for missing his easy chances...hes cost us a fair few points, over the last few games, due to his unmissable fucking misses !!

Maybe he needs dropping to the bench and we just have Alvarez play a couple of games in his favored position and lets see how that goes.

He scored 2 at the swamp, 2 at Chelsea, and scored against the dippers. He missed a sitter against spuds, i certainly wouldn't say last nights 1 chance was a sitter.
He also got a great assist against spuds. Alvarez is in the KDB role but not assisting, not picking up his men, not tracking back..
Haaland is still on a goal a game this season even without the genius of Kev.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

So a player can play a different position to what they’ve been taught. I agree. Lewis can play midfield.
but not yet at the standard required in the PL unfortunately as everyone can see.

Played there for England U21s, then England. MOTM both times.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:26 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Exactly. A career. A guy with probably 300 games experience. Not an 18 year old with 25 games

Surely it would be easier for a kid, green, to get into another role than someone that’s played 300 games in one position?

Maybe? Perhaps game experience and knowledge gives the extra edge required. A young kid just starting still hasn't learned his own position yet fully. He hasn't experienced hundreds of games where he watches other players, both his team mates and opponents by the way, in other positions and how they go about their business or indeed in training. A experienced CB such as Stones can slot in at RB because he's seen what positions a RB takes on set pieces etc and counter attacks and when to go forward, when to cover etc.

Look at Gvardiol. Still learning his trade as a CB. But has been utilised at LB. And he hasn't shown huge aptitude yet. In part is that down to his inexperience?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:30 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Haaland is also just as fuckign guilty for missing his easy chances...hes cost us a fair few points, over the last few games, due to his unmissable fucking misses !!

He scored 2 at the swamp, 2 at Chelsea, and scored against the dippers. He missed a sitter against spuds, i certainly wouldn't say last nights 1 chance was a sitter.
He also got a great assist against spuds. Alvarez is in the KDB role but not assisting, not picking up his men, not tracking back..

I'd suggest the header last night was a sitter. But he does still score lots of goals and he isn’t a robot so will make mistakes.

As an aside, last season, did we win the Treble because of Haaland or in spite of him? We didn't score any more goals than the previous season and he didn't score in the latter stages of the cups
nottsblue

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:
stupot wrote:

I'd suggest the header last night was a sitter. But he does still score lots of goals and he isn’t a robot so will make mistakes.

As an aside, last season, did we win the Treble because of Haaland or in spite of him? We didn't score any more goals than the previous season and he didn't score in the latter stages of the cups

Scored away at Bayern in the CL and lets face it, we've never won it without him.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:42 pm

stupot wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
stupot wrote:

Scored away at Bayern in the CL and lets face it, we've never won it without him.

Can't argue with we never won it without him. Should have done in 2021 though to be fair. But it's an interesting debate whether we are a better side with or without him. He scores a lot of goals, but other players goal tallies have fallen. As said, we don't score more as a team
nottsblue

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 pm

Haaland is really starting to grate on me.

When he is not scoring he literally offers fuck all else. His movement off the Ball is shit..

I accepted it because he was scoring Goals. That is what he is there for..

When it is backs to the Wall stuff the Man is invisible. He should have been Subbed last night to bring on an extra midfielder..

This is on Pep though. I feel the Square Pegs in Round Holes stuff he persists with is to accommodate his favourites to the detriment of the Team

Sure we have injuries and Key players out. Then why make us even weaker by fucking around with the team week in week out. The defence does not know its Head from its arse thanks to Pep.Spunking £80,000 000 on a defender to play him as a fucking full back, Gvardiol is so slow it is frightening. Every game there is a fuck up by him or Akanji.It is costing us.Just play your best players in their best postions ffs..

We are not as bad as our Manager is making us look fact.Pep has become a liabillity and it correlates with plastic Keegan returnning to the Bench.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:12 pm

" offers fuck all else" except quite a lot of assists as well, defensive headers, hold up of the ball PLUS when is he not scoring consistently.70 something goals in 70 something games, it's phenomenol.

And the manager, a liability. Every other club in the world would swap with us right now.
Bet you can't wait for him to go so the next guy can improve his shit record.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:17 pm

stupot wrote:" offers fuck all else" except quite a lot of assists as well, defensive headers, hold up of the ball PLUS when is he not scoring consistently.70 something goals in 70 something games, it's phenomenol.

And the manager, a liability. Every other club in the world would swap with us right now.
Bet you can't wait for him to go so the next guy can improve his shit record.

You just cannot help some people Stu..........
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:38 pm

Pep is a liability?

Fuck me zabba, even Carl wouldn't say that.

What a spoilt fucking thing to say about a Manager who won a treble 6 FUCKING MONTHS ago.

I think it's time to log out for a while. Holy fuck
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:12 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

He does but it doesn't alter the reality that Rico was clearly way out of his depth last night.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:54 pm

johnny crossan wrote:He does but it doesn't alter the reality that Rico was clearly way out of his depth last night.

Bernardo was too. Probably the worst I’ve seen him play for City. If last night is anything to go off we need a whole new 11!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:46 pm

After reflecting I don’t think we need to panic.

We’ve won every match in our group in the CL. We should have beaten Liverpool. We could have beaten Spurs.

Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea we scored 8 goals - but our defence let us down big time. I’m not sure if it’s because we did so much last season that towards the end of games this season we’re knackered. Another tool for the Prem to use against us - adding 10 minutes extra time on.

I am worried about our transfer business. We’ve bought some awful players this summer and got rid of decent players. That needs to be rectified in January and next summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:58 pm

I'm still on suicide watch.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:00 pm

Mase wrote:After reflecting I don’t think we need to panic.

We’ve won every match in our group in the CL. We should have beaten Liverpool. We could have beaten Spurs.

Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea we scored 8 goals - but our defence let us down big time. I’m not sure if it’s because we did so much last season that towards the end of games this season we’re knackered. Another tool for the Prem to use against us - adding 10 minutes extra time on.

I am worried about our transfer business. We’ve bought some awful players this summer and got rid of decent players. That needs to be rectified in January and next summer.
If we can offload Gomez & Phillips to the smoke and Nunes to Saudi there'll be room for Paqueta, Palhinha & Barco in a few weeks ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:13 pm

I know it upsets one or two criticizing the Guy that has won us So much success..

Fact is since Lilo return to the Dug Out Pep has become as culpable for our shit form as the team.I dont like it either.Hopefully we will get back to winning ways soon.

I stick by point with Haaland..I could find heat maps to back this up.

No one cares when he is scoring for fun it is why we bought him..The Guy can go literally 30 minutes without touching the Ball most games.When we are a bit out of form i think he is literally a luxury we cannot afford.I would rather see use revert to a False 9 again for an extra player in midfield.Just my opinion.

Last night we knew we were without Rodri and Grealish,We knew just having no Rodri it would be a struggle.We should have packed Midfield and done away with a Striker.Wont be poular but i would have benched Haaland and pushed Alverez uo front he is wasted further back.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum