***Red Star v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Red Star v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:02 pm

Rico was excellent last night, and I reckon he played as a right back.
So no more fucking around, imho, let him have a run there with rotation with Walker.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:Mase, I know you've mentioned a couple of times that I said Gomez and phillips would be class and obviously that was completely untrue and no such evidence can be found...

Well here's some evidence you can hold on to. And quote me in a year or two if he's been cast aside...

Nunes will be class for city

Crikey mate, that's bold. I think he is yet to settle and may be trying too hard to impress. I'd like to see him in a settled midfield - he does look like he can break the lines . Thought he played well last night - he needs to stay on his feet.
It will be interesting to see if we are in for an attacking midfielder in Jan, it may depend on us shipping Kalvin out - we will soon find out
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:21 pm

salford city wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Mase, I know you've mentioned a couple of times that I said Gomez and phillips would be class and obviously that was completely untrue and no such evidence can be found...

Well here's some evidence you can hold on to. And quote me in a year or two if he's been cast aside...

Crikey mate, that's bold. I think he is yet to settle and may be trying too hard to impress. I'd like to see him in a settled midfield - he does look like he can break the lines . Thought he played well last night - he needs to stay on his feet.
It will be interesting to see if we are in for an attacking midfielder in Jan, it may depend on us shipping Kalvin out - we will soon find out

It is bold. And pep needs to tweak him but his ball carrying is something that can't be taught so I have high hopes.

I think I can see something with him, even this early
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
salford city wrote:

It is bold. And pep needs to tweak him but his ball carrying is something that can't be taught so I have high hopes.

I think I can see something with him, even this early

You think running with a ball can’t be taught mate? Genuinely?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:40 pm

No mate, I think he has something about him whilst running with the ball that isn't common place. Maybe it's awareness of space, maybe it's something else but I think he has the potential to be almost unstoppable when breakign the lines and if so, the capability to become a starter for us for years if I'm right.

Of course, I could be completely wrong but I'm willing stick my neck out.

There you have it. Documented :o
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:No mate, I think he has something about him whilst running with the ball that isn't common place. Maybe it's awareness of space, maybe it's something else but I think he has the potential to be almost unstoppable when breakign the lines and if so, the capability to become a starter for us for years if I'm right.

I can only go on what I’ve seen so far and so far he’s been shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:No mate, I think he has something about him whilst running with the ball that isn't common place. Maybe it's awareness of space, maybe it's something else but I think he has the potential to be almost unstoppable when breakign the lines and if so, the capability to become a starter for us for years if I'm right.

including Wednesday night?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Our kids looked like world beaters against that Micky mouse team JC so Im not going to dish praise on a seasoned pro in the premier league when he shines against that shit , am I !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:20 pm

Fair enough Carl.

Let's hope you're wrong anyway ;)
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:Fair enough Carl.

Let's hope you're wrong anyway ;)

I honestly think , for the very first time , we have bought abysmally and that's why we look nowhere near the PeP sides of the past.
We look vulnerable in every game in defense and that's because when we have one of our regulars going through a shit spell the new guys are just not good enough to take control when they partner them.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:34 pm

I think it will be a miracle if Nunes will make it. He seems very lazy and soft, comes out as Yaya without any skill.
If he wants to make it, he need to step up his game big time by keeping the ball, passing it and mostly create the spaces Pep wants.

To be honest, I did not saw him last year as someone who would be close to being a squad player for us. Neves and the other one that had a field day with us, Neto?
For the moment he comes out as a panic buy that had some stats and data in his favour that made us look at him.

Hopefully I am wrong and he scores the 94 winner on KKK arena later this season.
Last edited by PeterParker on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Our kids looked like world beaters against that Micky mouse team JC so Im not going to dish praise on a seasoned pro in the premier league when he shines against that shit , am I !
Chances are he'll feature tomorrow, I've still got an open mind about him - although it was starting to close before this week ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum