UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:48 pm

You’re probably right but Barca were lucky to win their group. Real Madrid have lost three of their best players to ACL tears. Courtois ( who played really well against us at the Etihad) Militao and now Alaba.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:53 pm

Bayern the only half decent team left in it and we battered them last year. Kane, Kim and Neuer will make a difference.

The only team beating us is ourselves so if we dont win it we will only have ourselves to blame.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:00 pm

blues2win wrote:You’re probably right but Barca were lucky to win their group. Real Madrid have lost three of their best players to ACL tears. Courtois ( who played really well against us at the Etihad) Militao and now Alaba.

Yes but RM and Girona are 6 points clear of 3rd still. Wonderkid Bellingham is on fire.
Them and BM are our big dangers for me, just like last season.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:06 pm

If we got Madrid how many years will that have been? 4 in 5?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:21 pm

Mase wrote:If we got Madrid how many years will that have been? 4 in 5?

Yep- and hopefully we win again to make it 3 out of the 4. Should have been all wins as well.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Indianablue » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:20 pm

Being a half glass empty supporter at the moment, i don't see any team being easy. We'll pick up a couple more injuries on the Saudi trip and have a poor festive season.
Bah humbug
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:26 pm

Kevin spotted out with the main group in training today. Not clear whether he played a full part. I still doubt he will play a part in a match until the FA Cup match. He can’t be anywhere near match fit. Good news all the same.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:36 pm

Indianablue wrote:Being a half glass empty supporter at the moment, i don't see any team being easy. We'll pick up a couple more injuries on the Saudi trip and have a poor festive season.
Bah humbug

I've asked Santa to get you some happy pills tonget you through the festive period :roll: ;) :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:41 pm

The City website are showing Tuesday 13 February for the away match against Copenhagen and Wednesday 6 March for the home match. Both 20.00 hrs kick offs U.K. time.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:56 pm

stupot wrote:
blues2win wrote:You’re probably right but Barca were lucky to win their group. Real Madrid have lost three of their best players to ACL tears. Courtois ( who played really well against us at the Etihad) Militao and now Alaba.

Yes but RM and Girona are 6 points clear of 3rd still. Wonderkid Bellingham is on fire.

Watching Girona at the moment, comfortably 2-0 up at half time, which if it stays this way means 9 points ahead of Barca. Two ahead of Madrid.

Madrid go to Girona's opponents tonight on Thursday , as Girona go to Real Betis and then close for xmas.

I was impressed last week with the girona left back, who once again is playing really well tonight. Shame he is only on loan from Madrid.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:16 pm

zuricity wrote:
stupot wrote:

Watching Girona at the moment, comfortably 2-0 up at half time, which if it stays this way means 9 points ahead of Barca. Two ahead of Madrid.

Madrid go to Girona's opponents tonight on Thursday , as Girona go to Real Betis and then close for xmas.

I was impressed last week with the girona left back, who once again is playing really well tonight. Shame he is only on loan from Madrid.

I thought the commentator said Madrid have a buy-back? I am watching for the exact same reason
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:26 pm

Flights were 50 after draw. Then once dates announced I've paid 327 its a joke

Must be a better way - mayve buying 4 flights and paying for cancellation option ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:36 am

Nick wrote:Flights were 50 after draw. Then once dates announced I've paid 327 its a joke

Must be a better way - mayve buying 4 flights and paying for cancellation option ?

Guess it depends on the airline cancellation optiion. Looked at flights and they were £47-51 at around 1000 yesterday morning. We were drawn in the second half of the draw and so why did we not get the later date? That would have been worse as it's half-term . £357 at present Sun-Weds so going to look at accommodation and try to get a cheap deal
salford city

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:08 am

salford city wrote:
zuricity wrote:
stupot wrote:

I thought the commentator said Madrid have a buy-back? I am watching for the exact same reason

i think you are right, i also heard that about the buy back clause. So yes , possible through the City group connections. He seems to be very energetic and speedy too with a good left foot. Scored a cracker against Barca last week.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:18 am

salford city wrote:
Nick wrote:Flights were 50 after draw. Then once dates announced I've paid 327 its a joke

Guess it depends on the airline cancellation optiion. Looked at flights and they were £47-51 at around 1000 yesterday morning. We were drawn in the second half of the draw and so why did we not get the later date? That would have been worse as it's half-term . £357 at present Sun-Weds so going to look at accommodation and try to get a cheap deal

I think this is partially dependent on what clubs are still in the Thursday night competitions from the cities/countries involved.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby salford city » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:03 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

I think this is partially dependent on what clubs are still in the Thursday night competitions from the cities/countries involved.

Yes it does however all the English Europa teams made it past the play-offs which are taking place during this time and only the Arse are left so we are both away first. Copenhagen have no-one nearby to clash with. Makes no sense unless the last four games are played on the first game week and the last four games are played on game week one?
Who the fcuk knows - that's what we've got. 0.12 Danish Krona to the £ this morning so not goingto be cheap
salford city

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:58 am

Why were Arsenal seeded? Never won the competition and were out of it for years.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:01 am

Mase wrote:Why were Arsenal seeded? Never won the competition and were out of it for years.

Won their group, as did the other 7 seeded teams.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:12 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:Why were Arsenal seeded? Never won the competition and were out of it for years.

Won their group, as did the other 7 seeded teams.

Ah okay, so if you win your group you get to play a shit team? Probably why no one is arsed about the CL until the QF’s then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:03 am

Not sure all the teams in Pot two are shit to be honest. I suspect there’ll be a couple of teams in Pot one going down to defeat.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum