January transfer window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

January transfer window

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:00 am

Zack Steffen's gone to Colorado Rapids on a permanent deal. It seems there was no fee involved, although they did have to pay $50,000 to New England Revolution to make the deal go through...

https://www.coloradorapids.com/news/col ... r-city-f-c
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Re: January transfer window

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:06 am

That’s a shame. We did give him a good chance to make a decent career in England but I guess he couldn’t kick on. Will probably be remembered for costing us in the cup against Liverpool, which is a bit of a shame. Seemed the squad liked him around.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:55 am

I had high(?) hopes for him and thought he waa a decent shot-stopper. There was nowhere for him to go after the scouse final cock-up and he never recovered. Always a challenge after that going out on loan to a lower league and looks like he did not have the mental strength to come back and challenge again. We've gone through some keepers and will be interesting to see how we look to replace the irreplaceable when Ed hangs up his boots
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:05 am

salford city wrote:I had high(?) hopes for him and thought he waa a decent shot-stopper. There was nowhere for him to go after the scouse final cock-up and he never recovered. Always a challenge after that going out on loan to a lower league and looks like he did not have the mental strength to come back and challenge again. We've gone through some keepers and will be interesting to see how we look to replace the irreplaceable when Ed hangs up his boots

I think we signed a kid from either Wimbledon or MK dons that was highly rated. Not sure if he’ll replace Ed though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:31 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:I had high(?) hopes for him and thought he waa a decent shot-stopper. There was nowhere for him to go after the scouse final cock-up and he never recovered. Always a challenge after that going out on loan to a lower league and looks like he did not have the mental strength to come back and challenge again. We've gone through some keepers and will be interesting to see how we look to replace the irreplaceable when Ed hangs up his boots

I think we signed a kid from either Wimbledon or MK dons that was highly rated. Not sure if he’ll replace Ed though.

We've probably made in the region of £80 million on goalkeepers since the takeover, so I'm not holding my breath that any currently on our books will be edged into the first team squad.

Gunn - 13.5
Bazunu - 12
Muric - 3.5
Trafford - 15

That's 41 million, with a total of 5 first-team appearances between them. And that's without add-ons, the money recouped on Given, profit made on Rulli, loan fees and transfer fee for Hart, etc.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:39 am

Mase wrote:

Correct mate, 16yrs old, Spike Brits, England's U17. https://www.mancity.com/players/spike-brits
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:45 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

Correct mate, 16yrs old, Spike Brits, England's U17. https://www.mancity.com/players/spike-brits

That’s the guy. Thought he had a weird and wonderful name haha!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:45 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:

We've probably made in the region of £80 million on goalkeepers since the takeover, so I'm not holding my breath that any currently on our books will be edged into the first team squad.

Gunn - 13.5
Bazunu - 12
Muric - 3.5
Trafford - 15

That's 41 million, with a total of 5 first-team appearances between them. And that's without add-ons, the money recouped on Given, profit made on Rulli, loan fees and transfer fee for Hart, etc.

I wonder if we have any buy back on Trafford.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:49 am

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

That’s the guy. Thought he had a weird and wonderful name haha!

His first name is actually Thorsten :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:35 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:

Gunn - 13.5
Bazunu - 12
Muric - 3.5
Trafford - 15

I wonder if we have any buy back on Trafford.

Not sure, but I doubt we'd be able to re-sign him anyway. He'll be a number 1 target for other Prem clubs when Burnley go down, and I can't see him coming to us to fight with Ortega to sit on the bench. My guess is he'll go to whichever club the Rags sign their Onana replacement from (possibly Villa, depending on how their second half of their season goes).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum