***Treble Winners v Huddersfield Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Huddersfield Official Match Thread**

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:01 pm

Mase wrote:Didn’t someone on here say they were taking their grandkid to their first match? Can’t remember who it was but hope it went well and they enjoyed it!

It was bluemoon4610 and the lads dad is a rag IIRC?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:23 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:Didn’t someone on here say they were taking their grandkid to their first match? Can’t remember who it was but hope it went well and they enjoyed it!

Even better!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Indianablue » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:37 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Good game, great to see KDB and Doku back. Thought there introduction introduced more direct play at pace and Nunes and Foden enjoyed linking up with them. Gvardiol looked more comfortable as well. Difficult choices for Pep now. Might well be that Akanji injury keeps him out and Jack gets to take a back seat. Haaland hopefully will come back soon and relish getting back into it.
Grealish surely has to vary his game and go on the outside of a player.

Good to watch highlights on MOTD, great opening remark by the presenter . 'City didn't have it their own way' Huddersfield hardly broke ranks for 90 minutes. Most notable for leaving marks on a few City players

Enjoyed it, mostly. Cheap tickets too, which is always welcome. The away fans were like children, absolutely embarrassing playground chanting. They never stopped about the library, as if they have ever been in one of those; maybe that's where a load of them were going when the 4th went in. It will be great to see them turn up next week to support their woeful team.

I can't agree about Gvardiol, he passed it abysmally, consistently, and looks more and more untidy as each game comes and goes, if you see what I mean. As composed as Stones looks, this lad looks terrified, rushed and out of position. He's a real concern. I thought the introduction of Doku and the imperious KDB was like a cheat code in a video game, they both looked miles above the quality on the pitch, Foden aside, who is MOTM every week at the moment. I read on another forum that they thought KDB looked overweight. He looks thinner to me, really fit and in proper shape. He is rusty, obviously, but his instant forward passing created a threat. I had forgotten what a joy he is to watch, such a fabulous player.

KDB has always had a big arse but he looked in good shape. Maybe its his longer hair and goatee making him look different but he certainly got around the park and speeded things up. Same with Docu. I'd agree that Gvardiol isnt there yet but he's getting better. Don't think we have had a consistent defender since Vinny. They have all looked good but then made clumsy mistakes.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:27 am

CTID Hants wrote:

It certainly was! And he loved it (my grandson, not his dad...). Asked if he could come to Newcastle next week, too. And all the City games I go to so hopefully hooked for life. Get them while they're young!!! Was hoping for another home tie in the cup so he could get to another game this month, but we'll just have to beat Spuds then hope for a home draw.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:29 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

It certainly was! And he loved it (my grandson, not his dad...). Asked if he could come to Newcastle next week, too. And all the City games I go to so hopefully hooked for life. Get them while they're young!!! Was hoping for another home tie in the cup so he could get to another game this month, but we'll just have to beat Spuds then hope for a home draw.

Brilliant mate. Nothing better than seeing the next generation of blues enjoying it!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:51 pm

Bottling a young lad on the met anyone seen the vids of the twats ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:10 pm

Nick wrote:Bottling a young lad on the met anyone seen the vids of the twats ?

Who mate
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum