walker

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

walker

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:06 am

absolutely amazed that this guy is our captain
reading this morning that his wife is 6 months pregnant with their 4th child...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... andal.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: walker

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:09 am

He has the brain of a lamp, sadly.
Said it in the match thread. He is one of the reasons we seem lost at times. He has zero capacity to be a captain, to lead by example and motivate players.

A collosal fuck-up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:13 am

Pep unfortunately doesn’t want the responsibility of picking the captain so it’s who their mates want to vote for. It’s fuckin stupid.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:04 am

PeterParker wrote:He has the brain of a lamp, sadly.
Said it in the match thread. He is one of the reasons we seem lost at times. He has zero capacity to be a captain, to lead by example and motivate players.

A collosal fuck-up.

Very disrespectful.
To lamps.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:41 am

I didn’t like him flirting with Bayern in order to get an extension. Pep was very keen on his recovery pace but he’s often used almost as a right winger which I don’t understand. He leaves less pacy defenders exposed while he’s upfield and his indifferent technique means he isn’t great at delivery in the final third. As to the rest he’s 33 and has never grown up. I’m sorry for his wife.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:11 pm

I can see a Gazza type retirement. How he functions Day-To-Day should be addressed by the club now. Clearly needs help.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:26 pm

More importantly, he was crap at Newcastle!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:51 pm

john@staustell wrote:More importantly, he was crap at Newcastle!

I thought so, however the goals they scored were quality finishes His assist for Bernado was great, however this situation off the field is soap opera bollocks. Time the club dragged his and the agent back in after all they have just had our pants down in the summer! His agent must be run ragged by this loon.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:01 pm

Don't want to be particularly hypocritical and holier than now. But at his age he really should have settled down by now FFS
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:15 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:

I thought so, however the goals they scored were quality finishes His assist for Bernado was great, however this situation off the field is soap opera bollocks. Time the club dragged his and the agent back in after all they have just had our pants down in the summer! His agent must be run ragged by this loon.

He showed two right footed players onto their right foot. Terrible defending for both goals.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

He showed two right footed players onto their right foot. Terrible defending for both goals.

They were both quality finishes but it doesn't alter the fact it was shit defending by him for both.
I didn't think his assist was good either, he played it behind Bernardo who then pulled a worldie out of nothing.
Got to remember he was dropped for some big games at the end of last season when we played 4 central defenders and he only got back in when Ake got injured.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:57 pm

PeterParker wrote:He has the brain of a lamp, sadly.

A collosal fuck-up.

A fuck up indeed and his lamp brain is fitted with a fucking massive dimmer switch. Not captain material at all. You would think Pep would filter the players that the others could vote for
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:58 pm

blues2win wrote:I didn’t like him flirting with Bayern in order to get an extension. Pep was very keen on his recovery pace but he’s often used almost as a right winger which I don’t understand. He leaves less pacy defenders exposed while he’s upfield and his indifferent technique means he isn’t great at delivery in the final third. As to the rest he’s 33 and has never grown up. I’m sorry for his wife.

Agree with all of this
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:02 pm

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

They were both quality finishes but it doesn't alter the fact it was shit defending by him for both.
I didn't think his assist was good either, he played it behind Bernardo who then pulled a worldie out of nothing.
Got to remember he was dropped for some big games at the end of last season when we played 4 central defenders and he only got back in when Ake got injured.

Makes you realise how great Zabaleta was and is. On and off the field
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:17 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:

To be honest I think his assist was pure luck, Bernie's brain was responsible for that. He passed behind when Bernardo was attacking the goal.
Mostly of his crosses are hit & miss.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:Don't want to be particularly hypocritical and holier than now. But at his age he really should have settled down by now FFS

I agree with this.

It isn't like he is a teenager anymore.

Mature Male in their mid 30s should be settled.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:57 pm

Fuck him off as captain and give it Rodders!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:10 pm

Agree with this based on

A) Rico played in alot of games in thr latter part of the season.
B) His lack of role model fit
C) The fact he used bayern and fucked with us
D) He's declined since the above

No idea how he is in fifa team of the year he has had at least 1-2 years better with us.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Outcast » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:22 pm

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

It's strange, he was great towards end of season. Dropping him in the final was colossal fuck up by Pep, it nearly cost us the champions league.
Its even stranger now he's being picked whilst out form. Does Pep play players out form into form then drop them lol?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ayrshireblue » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:00 am

Outcast wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

It's strange, he was great towards end of season. Dropping him in the final was colossal fuck up by Pep, it nearly cost us the champions league.
Its even stranger now he's being picked whilst out form. Does Pep play players out form into form then drop them lol?

He wasn't in great form towards the end of last season, Stones was playing right back and stepping into midfield and Bernardo was providing the width higher up on the right hand side. He has/had tremendous pace which made it look like he was the one rescuing the defence which at times he was but as often as not it was due to his misplaced pass that possession got lost. I'd rather kick him to fuck and develop Lewis for the role.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum