Berrada joines the rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Berrada joines the rags

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:18 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:Didn’t realise Marwood was still with us in a high position. I’d be more worried about losing him then this boiled egg no one’s heard of

He will be a loss, I know nothing about him, but if he is one of the best in class team we have built on he must be as Khaldoon has referenced many times the ones we see headhunted by all who recognise we are streets ahead. Let’s hope he is a plant who ensures we have an eye on the W-Yankers.

Every single member of staff that’s been headhunted has gone on to do sweet FA in football. You could argue Lee Carsley has been the most successful but he was with us a year.

I very much doubt that he’ll be a loss to us. Unless he’s the best in his field that is obtainable by us, and I doubt he is. Plenty of people that will be eager to join us that could do as good of a job, if not better.

Someone new will come in and do as good of a job. This guy’s achievements are being blown way out of proportion. No one knew him last week!

I’m referring to Khaldoon’s comments on the calibre of the team behind the scenes. Footballing wise anything is a step down from us. We’re the best fact.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:58 pm

I think this truly shows none of the spanish lads and i include Pep ever got our rivalry with United. Im not having a go at them but they never truly understood it.

You think if the lads were at barca then this guy would get a feee pass to go to Real Madrid? Would he fuck!!!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:42 pm

Dubciteh wrote:I think this truly shows none of the spanish lads and i include Pep ever got our rivalry with United. Im not having a go at them but they never truly understood it.

You think if the lads were at barca then this guy would get a feee pass to go to Real Madrid? Would he fuck!!!

Very true.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:49 pm

Pep will never manage United nor Real Madrid. It’s different for a member of the back room staff.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep will never manage United nor Real Madrid. It’s different for a member of the back room staff.

.Pep is Catalan, he is never going to manage a non catalan team or the national.

I think Pep is happy going to old trafford to watch cricket.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:46 am

Dubciteh wrote:I think this truly shows none of the spanish lads and i include Pep ever got our rivalry with United. Im not having a go at them but they never truly understood it.

I don't see how you can stop a bloke handing in his notice, mate, truth be told.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:04 am

https://x.com/stockport/status/17491992 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Pep very clear about the possibility of managing United in the future.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:35 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

I don't see how you can stop a bloke handing in his notice, mate, truth be told.

He probably got as far as he could with us. Went to a different employer for more money and a higher position.
Happens every day of the week.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:34 am

this is a bit like maresca going to leicester... didn't hear them claiming that they had got pep! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Rob McKay » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:41 am

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:It’s a lot easier to engage the interest of sponsors now we’ve achieved so much on the pitch.

That daft cunt signed us into TEN years with Puma. Imagine the money we could get now we’ve won the treble - we’re stuck with Puma until 2029

I was told at the time of the deal that Puma were so desperate to get City’s business that they agreed to all of City’s wildest demands.

The ones that stood out for me where city asked for 3 times as much gear as they needed and puma didn’t even negotiate on a number.

I was also told City don’t pay Puma for any of it for the first three years.
Rob McKay
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:07 am

Rob McKay wrote:
Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:It’s a lot easier to engage the interest of sponsors now we’ve achieved so much on the pitch.

That daft cunt signed us into TEN years with Puma. Imagine the money we could get now we’ve won the treble - we’re stuck with Puma until 2029

I was told at the time of the deal that Puma were so desperate to get City’s business that they agreed to all of City’s wildest demands.

The ones that stood out for me where city asked for 3 times as much gear as they needed and puma didn’t even negotiate on a number.

I was also told City don’t pay Puma for any of it for the first three years.

if 3x the amount of kit we need, free for 3 years is the pinnacle of his business dealings then i don't think we need to worry about his departure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Rob McKay » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 am

I’ve been impressed by the media’s mental gymnastics to paint this as a coup for them whilst simultaneously absolving Berrera of anything to do with our charges.

“The man who signed Haaland” was a particular highlight. He did the paperwork lads!

Ultimately, we won’t know the impact for a while. I’m confident that city have enough Infastructure in place, and enough experience with losing their people to higher positions at other clubs, that it will have someone in mind to come in and keep the juggernaut moving.

As for Berrera, it will be interesting to see how he survives on his own. It’s not just that the infrastructure he’s used to doesn’t exist but the politics he’ll have to navigate to put it there.

Promotion can free a person to run with their ideas but it can also mean that they’re worst ideas aren’t filtered either. Also, can you name anyone who’s gone on to bigger and better things after leaving City???

Thank you for your service…but I hope you get relegated.
Rob McKay
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:06 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Yeah fair point. Surprised we dont have a non compete even if for a short period of time in place. I cant just leave my current employers and go next door working for our biggest competitors. Not straight away anyway. Surprised its happening here(based on reports).
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:50 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Yeah fair point. Surprised we dont have a non compete even if for a short period of time in place. I cant just leave my current employers and go next door working for our biggest competitors. Not straight away anyway. Surprised its happening here(based on reports).

I think that hum not going till summer is his gardening leave. Due to the nature of the footy business, non compete cannor be applied I guess?. Just been in the gym and all the red sheep in there are all over this - they've poached him and he is the only one making all our decisions is what I'm hearing. Bless, gotta love the red top media
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:55 pm

Out of Manchester Evening News : -

MEN FrontpageSportFootballManchester City FC
Man City get Manchester United boost over Premier League charges

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-28485683

Worth a read is this.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Outcast » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:12 pm

Bloody ale, calm down chaps. The Rags are getting a commercial man. Let's face it, they don't need marketing, they need footballing brains. We've heard it all before with their mini off field victories over us. I don't see this having any impact. The recruitment and attraction comes from spafia and Pep.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:41 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Out of Manchester Evening News : -

Worth a read is this.

Listening to TS before when Jordan said he was jumping ship due to all the potential problems coming until it was pointed out to him that he'd be right at the heart of it if it went tits up so surely this means nothings going to happen to us.
Jordan said he'd come after 2016 and then spluttered and stuttered when told the truth and that he was here from 2012 and in charge of a lot of the sponsorship.
Brilliant listen
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:32 pm

stupot wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Out of Manchester Evening News : -

Worth a read is this.

Listening to TS before when Jordan said he was jumping ship due to all the potential problems coming until it was pointed out to him that he'd be right at the heart of it if it went tits up so surely this means nothings going to happen to us.
Jordan said he'd come after 2016 and then spluttered and stuttered when told the truth and that he was here from 2012 and in charge of a lot of the sponsorship.
Brilliant listen

He keeps saying he has no 'axe to grind' with Man City but the reality is he fucking hates us with a passion and wants nothing more than to see us nuked into oblivion....only the retarded would think otherwise.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:33 pm

Mase wrote:

Very true.

What like Figo , Ronaldo… chill.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:58 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:

Very true.

What like Figo , Ronaldo… chill.

And how did figos move go down? Do you remember the dead pigs head?

Ronaldo went from Inter to Real too.

As i said, i wasn't having a go at them but the reality is they have never understood the rivalry, pep himself showed it many times. Im still annoyed he played the reserves/kids in 2016 and gifted them and jose the league cup tie.

Its a small price to pay for the success they have brought us but if they really got the rivalry after working and living and breathing city for ten plus years they wouldnt go work for united. I think its that simple.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum