Berrada joines the rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Berrada joines the rags

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:28 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I think this truly shows none of the spanish lads and i include Pep ever got our rivalry with United. Im not having a go at them but they never truly understood it.

You think if the lads were at barca then this guy would get a feee pass to go to Real Madrid? Would he fuck!!!

Very true.

What like Figo , Ronaldo… chill.

And how did figos move go down? Do you remember the dead pigs head?

Ronaldo went from Inter to Real too.

As i said, i wasn't having a go at them but the reality is they have never understood the rivalry, pep himself showed it many times. Im still annoyed wimhe played the reserves/kids in 2016 and gifted them and jose the league cup tie.

Its a small price to wpay for the success they have brought us but if they really got the rivalry after working and living and breathing city for ten plus years they wouldnt go work for united. I think its that simple.

I’m not having a pop I’m just thinking we have lost half a dozen executives in recent times. I feel we will be fine, and the Chairman has mentioned we have the best and everybody wants them. We are a machine and young in our journey. I just hope we prove our case. What do our owners do if we get fucked over. He is still on the website BTW.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:13 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I think this truly shows none of the spanish lads and i include Pep ever got our rivalry with United. Im not having a go at them but they never truly understood it.

You think if the lads were at barca then this guy would get a feee pass to go to Real Madrid? Would he fuck!!!

Very true.

What like Figo , Ronaldo… chill.

And how did figos move go down? Do you remember the dead pigs head?

Ronaldo went from Inter to Real too.

As i said, i wasn't having a go at them but the reality is they have never understood the rivalry, pep himself showed it many times. Im still annoyed wimhe played the reserves/kids in 2016 and gifted them and jose the league cup tie.

Its a small price to wpay for the success they have brought us but if they really got the rivalry after working and living and breathing city for ten plus years they wouldnt go work for united. I think its that simple.

I’m not having a pop I’m just thinking we have lost half a dozen executives in recent times. I feel we will be fine, and the Chairman has mentioned we have the best and everybody wants them. We are a machine and young in our journey. I just hope we prove our case. What do our owners do if we get fucked over. He is still on the website BTW.

I agree too. We will be fine and in grand scheme of things its not a big deal.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:02 pm

Remember that pigs head :lol: Class, “going match love, that pigs head still in the freezer?!”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:04 pm

stupot wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Out of Manchester Evening News : -

MEN FrontpageSportFootballManchester City FC
Man City get Manchester United boost over Premier League charges

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-28485683

Worth a read is this.

Listening to TS before when Jordan said he was jumping ship due to all the potential problems coming until it was pointed out to him that he'd be right at the heart of it if it went tits up so surely this means nothings going to happen to us.
Jordan said he'd come after 2016 and then spluttered and stuttered when told the truth and that he was here from 2012 and in charge of a lot of the sponsorship.
Brilliant listen

Anyone got a clip of this? Would be a great listen?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:05 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Out of Manchester Evening News : -

MEN FrontpageSportFootballManchester City FC
Man City get Manchester United boost over Premier League charges

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-28485683

Worth a read is this.

Great this mate. Puts to bed the bullshit that this baldy nonce wasn’t involved in any deals that are being looked into.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:24 pm

Mase wrote:Remember that pigs head :lol: Class, “going match love, that pigs head still in the freezer?!”

Imagine the guy on the turnstile

“What you got under your jacket mate”
“Oh, nothing much, couple of bog rolls I thought I'd chuck at the opposition goalie”
“ as you were then mate”
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Remember that pigs head :lol: Class, “going match love, that pigs head still in the freezer?!”

Imagine the guy on the turnstile

“What you got under your jacket mate”
“Oh, nothing much, couple of bog rolls I thought I'd chuck at the opposition goalie”
“ as you were then mate”

:lol: They’re worried about lids being on drinks going on at City and Barca fans are carrying pigs heads in!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Simister » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:34 am

At first I was shocked/angry that someone who'd been associated with us over a decade could join our rivals, but on second thoughts he has hit a glass ceiling in his career and its not a bad thing to get new blood and ideas in every so often. And I'm sure the Shakes have their eyes on a few replacements already.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:19 am

Simister wrote:

At first I was shocked/angry that someone who'd been associated with us over a decade could join our rivals, but on second thoughts he has hit a glass ceiling in his career and its not a bad thing to get new blood and ideas in every so often. And I'm sure the Shakes have their eyes on a few replacements already.

I was reading that we rate some other guy higher than this turncoat, can’t remember his name but current Group COO and he’s due to take over from Soriano eventually.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:26 pm

Mase wrote:
Simister wrote:

I was reading that we rate some other guy higher than this turncoat, can’t remember his name but current Group COO and he’s due to take over from Soriano eventually.

Kolorav by any chance?

That would be funny
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:39 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Simister wrote:

Kolorav by any chance?

That would be funny

I wish!

Here it is -

As per a new report from MailSport, while there is no sign of Ferran Soriano stepping aside from his current position at the Etihad Stadium, there is a suggestion that City's group chief operating officer Roel de Vries is viewed as his long-term successor.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:03 pm

Triggered me there - also still pissed pep through the league Cup Derby playing kids
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:51 pm

Isn't it strange that every single report on this, right down to the last is all about how positive it is and not one has questioned why united have hired a man under investigation for fraud?
I mean, city are already guilty according to every rag top, but it seems you're exonerated as soon as you leave the company.
I just never heard of this rule before.

https://www.ft.com/content/5dd88475-2b2 ... e491ff54b7
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:Isn't it strange that every single report on this, right down to the last is all about how positive it is and not one has questioned why united have hired a man under investigation for fraud?
I mean, city are already guilty according to every rag top, but it seems you're exonerated as soon as you leave the company.
I just never heard of this rule before.

https://www.ft.com/content/5dd88475-2b2 ... e491ff54b7

Mate you'll need to cut and paste, I'm taking out a subscription...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:21 pm

Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13015927/Man-United-CEO-Omar-Berrada-secrets-success-Man-City-overspending-transfers.html

Fuck me I could do that Rag CEO job if that’s the insight he’s bringing :lol: “It’s bad if you spend too much on crap players” sign me up!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:50 pm

Indeed. Captain obvious.

But they can't even see their own contradictions when they constantly hold us up as guilty while saying he'll be a success.

It simply can't be both.

If we're guilty, he's at best going to be forced to resign and lose his licence and at worst get jailed.

Which is it lads?
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:09 am

From BBC -

Manchester United must pay significant compensation if they want to appoint Ashworth now, or wait for him to serve two years of gardening leave written into his Newcastle contract.

Have we let our guy go for nothing? Makes sense if so, because we’re good mates with Jim and they wouldn’t make us pay anything.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:32 am

Mase wrote:From BBC -

Manchester United must pay significant compensation if they want to appoint Ashworth now, or wait for him to serve two years of gardening leave written into his Newcastle contract.

Have we let our guy go for nothing? Makes sense if so, because we’re good mates with Jim and they wouldn’t make us pay anything.

It would depend on the contract he had, any garden leave, non-compete clause or release clauses would all be included in there.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:25 am

ayrshireblue wrote:
Mase wrote:From BBC -

It would depend on the contract he had, any garden leave, non-compete clause or release clauses would all be included in there.

Non competes aren’t worth the paper they’re written on - found that out from working in HR when employees moved to rival companies.

He's on gardening leave until the end of the season then joins the rags. His contract wasn’t up at the end of this season, surely?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum