Barca further down the pan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barca further down the pan

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:01 pm

Xavi off. Cruel job, bad for mental health.

Lewandowski and Cancelo crying when he announced it. Lost 5 3 home to Vilareal. Canceló said it's his worst (half) game ever - and there's a lot of competition for that.

Absolute shower
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Barca further down the pan

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Good. Absolutely detest the club. Any player that wants to go there needs their head testing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:09 pm

“Vat have I done?!”

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:13 pm

They are the Spanish equivalent of the rags

Dining out on history, an ageing fan base due to no youngsters wanting support them, crumbling stadiums, shit leadership on and off the pitch.

Oh happy days and pleased that cancelo has ended up there, great moments in a City shirt but destroyed all that by being Billy big bollocks.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:22 pm

Shitty defending by Cancelo for the second Villarreal goal. Conceding five goals at home to Villareal is not a good look.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:45 pm

CTID Hants wrote:They are the Spanish equivalent of the rags

Dining out on history, an ageing fan base due to no youngsters wanting support them, crumbling stadiums, shit leadership on and off the pitch.

Oh happy days and pleased that cancelo has ended up there, great moments in a City shirt but destroyed all that by being Billy big bollocks.

…..I’m interested to know what great moments he had in a City shirt. I’m pained to think of any. A couple of decent goals yes. Couldn’t defend for toffee and wa obviously a handful in the dressing room. He chose the right place.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:05 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:They are the Spanish equivalent of the rags

…..I’m interested to know what great moments he had in a City shirt. I’m pained to think of any. A couple of decent goals yes. Couldn’t defend for toffee and wa obviously a handful in the dressing room. He chose the right place.

Any goal or good assist by a City player is a great moment. Like i said, I'm glad it's gone wrong for him and his ego...................
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:07 pm

Word round the campfire is Arteta to Barcelona
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:19 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Word round the campfire is Arteta to Barcelona

Surely even Arteta is not daft enough to think he can fix that mess? No longer the top club in their own region now with the emergence of Girona. Xavi is Farca through and through and he knows what a mess it is and not likely to get better any time soon. Much as I dislike Arteta, very much doubt he'd go there with the current issues
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:14 am

Press campfire?

Word on Sport.es is that Deco told him to forget about Kimmich, Bernardo Silva and Zubimendi (whoever he is) as they couldn't afford players of that stature, and make do with Oriel Romeu.

You'd have thought he knew the scale of the problem when taking the job!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:17 am

john@staustell wrote:

Press campfire?

Word on Sport.es is that Deco told him to forget about Kimmich, Bernardo Silva and Zubimendi (whoever he is) as they couldn't afford players of that stature, and make do with Oriel Romeu.

You'd have thought he knew the scale of the problem when taking the job!

Same as players that fight to go there though. Lewandowski and Gundo - they must have known that the club is rotten. Genuinely can’t see why any player that’s doing well would want to go there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:52 am

Arteta would be insane to go any where near them. They are in terminal decline. It would take a miracle to turn that ship around.
Plus Cancelo is there.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:11 am

sheblue wrote:Arteta would be insane to go any where near them. They are in terminal decline. It would take a miracle to turn that ship around.
Plus Cancelo is there.

Cancelo won’t be there next season. Absolutely no way they buy him. We might as well cut our losses and let him leave for free. He’s still contracted to us until 2027!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:53 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:Arteta would be insane to go any where near them. They are in terminal decline. It would take a miracle to turn that ship around.
Plus Cancelo is there.

Cancelo won’t be there next season. Absolutely no way they buy him. We might as well cut our losses and let him leave for free. He’s still contracted to us until 2027!!

Saudi or another loan move to Italy without a buy obligation. Cannot see us being able to use him as part of a deal for anyone we would be interested in
salford city

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:29 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plus Cancelo is there.

Saudi or another loan move to Italy without a buy obligation. Cannot see us being able to use him as part of a deal for anyone we would be interested in

Saudi 50 million quid, job done
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:00 am

Mase wrote:
Plus Cancelo is there.

Yes 2027 it stinks, who gave him that contract. I am not sure about the loan rules but I am assuming we cant loan him to them again for a second season, if not then were taking a hit on him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:55 am

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plus Cancelo is there.

Yes 2027 it stinks, who gave him that contract. I am not sure about the loan rules but I am assuming we cant loan him to them again for a second season, if not then were taking a hit on him.

I say we blame that twat that’s going to United.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:36 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plus Cancelo is there.

I say we blame that twat that’s going to United.

Perhaps he can get them Cancelo - he would fit right in
salford city

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:20 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plus Cancelo is there.

I'm sure I read a while back that his contract is really low, and massively bonus-heavy. I assume he's not picking up his bonuses while he's not here, and if so, there's no point in letting him leave on a free.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:47 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plus Cancelo is there.

Are you sure about 2027? According to this, his contract expires 30th June...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joao-ca ... ler/182712
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum