***Treble Winners v Burnley Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Burnley Official Match Thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:57 pm

Maybe they were just being kind to Vinny after the 3rd.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:37 am

johnny crossan wrote:Maybe they were just being kind to Vinny after the 3rd.

Hope not. Thst sort of complacency can cause rot to set in. Like when we were 6-1 up v the rags after an hour and we stopped playing and in subsequent games we were off it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:02 am

To play devils advocate a bit, it’s the first time all year we’ve had no major players injured. A stroll to victory didn’t upset me, even if I do like us to go for the kill more often.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:32 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:To play devils advocate a bit, it’s the first time all year we’ve had no major players injured. A stroll to victory didn’t upset me, even if I do like us to go for the kill more often.

My view as well. Happy to see Dias and Bernie get a rest. We've a lot of games in a shortspace from Monday with chumps league kicking back in the week after. Good to have a full squad to pick from as we've seen in the past, we will need everyone to be able to fight on all fronts
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:36 am

It is great we've got a whole squad to pick from. Kova had his best game Friday, Nunes had his best game last night. Kev and JS looked great, only negative for me last night was Doku's final ball constantly
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:23 am

stupot wrote:It is great we've got a whole squad to pick from. Kova had his best game Friday, Nunes had his best game last night. Kev and JS looked great, only negative for me last night was Doku's final ball constantly

Nunes had his best half. What did he do second half?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:04 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:It is great we've got a whole squad to pick from. Kova had his best game Friday, Nunes had his best game last night. Kev and JS looked great, only negative for me last night was Doku's final ball constantly

:lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:05 am

All joking aside, they all played within themselves much more in the second half but soem of Nunes play was outstanding.

Needs to work on final delivery for sure but his acceleration is unreal.

Never knew he was the fastest midfielder in the Premier league last season
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:28 am

play Jack, simple solution - he looked a bit disenchanted in his brief appearance last night though, maybe still not 100%
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:42 am

johnny crossan wrote:
play Jack, simple solution - he looked a bit disenchanted in his brief appearance last night though, maybe still not 100%

Play Jack if we want to hold the ball up and not lose it but don't for one fuckign second think hes better than Doku on being a goal threat as hes fuckign not in the same discussion.

Dokus final ball needs working on and there is no debate about that but if anyone thinks JG should , based on his form this season , start ahead of him every time then your on drugs.

BTW - Jack came on last night and he was uninterested...probably pissed off that PeP has not played him for a few games so I think he just needs to focus on making PeP and fans like me that he should start every game - he has the talent to do exactly that.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:51 am

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:

Two other posters have actually said he had a crap game all together. Why are you not quoting them mate?

Nunes had a great first half. Was up there with Kev and Alvarez, as in mentioned at the time in this thread.

Second half I don’t remember even seeing him. Can you tell me what he did second half?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:53 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Play Jack if we want to hold the ball up and not lose it but don't for one fuckign second think hes better than Doku on being a goal threat as hes fuckign not in the same discussion.

Dokus final ball needs working on and there is no debate about that but if anyone thinks JG should start ahead of him every time then your on drugs.

BTW - Jack came on last night and he was uninterested...probably pissed off that PeP has not played him for a few games.

Agree. He needs to get his performance level back up or watch from the bench. Doku starts ahead of him at the mo and he's just come back from injury. Doku decision-making and final ball do need work but he scares the shit out of teams with his pace. Nunes was a bonus last night and will grow wherever he plays with KDB . Some attacking threat we have now everyone is back. If we could get Rodders further up the pitch with cover - we would be unstoppable
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:56 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Dokus final ball needs working on and there is no debate about that but if anyone thinks JG should start ahead of him every time then your on drugs.

BTW - Jack came on last night and he was uninterested...probably pissed off that PeP has not played him for a few games.

Agree. He needs to get his performance level back up or watch from the bench. Doku starts ahead of him at the mo and he's just come back from injury. Doku decision-making and final ball do need work but he scares the shit out of teams with his pace. Nunes was a bonus last night and will grow wherever he plays with KDB . Some attacking threat we have now everyone is back. If we could get Rodders further up the pitch with cover - we would be unstoppable

Actually think Rodders as a no8 would be decent. He has a great shot on him and a very decent eye for goal for a no6. And his passing and ball retention is excellent

But seeing as how he’s the worlds best no6 and as such arguably our most important player I think he stays as no6
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:11 pm

alvarez's 2nd goal aside, the highlight of the game for me was ederson steaming in to protect lewis. love to see that kind of thing
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:

Two other posters have actually said he had a crap game all together. Why are you not quoting them mate?

Nunes had a great first half. Was up there with Kev and Alvarez, as in mentioned at the time in this thread.

Second half I don’t remember even seeing him. Can you tell me what he did second half?

No problem mate. I felt the conversation/debate on nunez was something between you and me so I addressed you directly.

I thought he continued to make excellent runs with the ball in the second half. Final ball was lacking but he was very positive and slotted in well.

The fact you didn't see him is strange.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:

No problem mate. I felt the conversation/debate on nunez was something between you and me so I addressed you directly.

I thought he continued to make excellent runs with the ball in the second half. Final ball was lacking but he was very positive and slotted in well.

The fact you didn't see him is strange.

The fact you saw him is strange - “made excellent runs” which ones?

You’ve not been the same since Phips ran you off the board and you had to delete your account for years.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:30 pm

I'm not overly bothered about Burnley, we could rock up half pissed and still beat them.

My main concern, Spurs and vermins away. Saying that, Brentford away won't be easy. I worry Pep hasn't sorted the defence, too much tinkering.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:36 pm

They all played within themselves 2nd half. Coming out of the stadium he was one of the main talking points about if he carries on like that we've got some player on our hands.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Dokus final ball needs working on and there is no debate about that but if anyone thinks JG should , based on his form this season , start ahead of him every time then your on drugs.

BTW - Jack came on last night and he was uninterested...probably pissed off that PeP has not played him for a few games so I think he just needs to focus on making PeP and fans like me that he should start every game - he has the talent to do exactly that.

i'd say Bobb should be in the conversation as well. Definite goal threat as we've seen in his ball to Foden against Sheff U, his winner at Newcastle and the goal he should have had at Tottenham.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:51 pm

stupot wrote:They all played within themselves 2nd half. Coming out of the stadium he was one of the main talking points about if he carries on like that we've got some player on our hands.

I agree. Great first half, didn’t see him second and according to the stats in the second half he gave the ball away three times which was the most by any City player.

If he can reproduce his first half then I think we’ll be okay.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum