Car Parking near the Etihad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Car Parking near the Etihad

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:57 pm

Firstly, it's been a while, so hello again. Struggling to get over to matches more and more these days ( still have a season ticket ) but managed to make the journey for the Burnley game. Got to our regular parking spot outside Fine Lady Bakeries, just off Briscoe Lane, to find that double yellows had been painted there on both sides.

Checked the next road up, same again. Tried driving down Briscoe Lane to the cemetery, exactly the same there. Literally hundreds of parking spaces gone. All permit parking or double yellows. In the end, having driven round for 30 mins, I gave up and drove back home to Halifax.

Once home and thinking a bit clearer ( I have a brain injury ) I realise I could've just paid to go in one of the car parks on Briscoe Lane. My question really is - is paying for a car park my only option now or does anyone know of street parking a similar distance away?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Re: Car Parking near the Etihad

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:46 am

Oh wow that's awful! The club really continue to shoot themselves in the foot and continue to c
CaUSE problems like empty seats, library atmospheres and tourist fans.

Not driven for years as I walk from town. Used to park near Beswick centre/ parked in asda a few times (is that an option?)

But heared they've fucked about with loads of double yellows in non residential roads round the ground
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bear60 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:15 am

I payed for parking on a website cost me £12, but I have another issue , I left Deeside where I work at 16:15 in what I thought was plenty of time . Traffic getting through Manchester an absolute nightmare was still not parked by 19:00 sat nav saying you’ve got 25 mins till arrival at where I had booked my parking then a 10 minute walk , so I am going to miss kick off well I thought to myself what is the point of going to a game and missing the start so I decided to drive home to Oswestry got back and watched second half on tele .
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:48 am

The problem with City’s official car parks as well is that you’re easily waiting an hour to get off them unless you’re at the front. It’s fine if you’ve got nothing to be back for but when you’ve got kids it becomes a bit of a nightmare. Should have been sort years ago! It’s been the same since we moved to the stadium.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:46 am

I've always presumed that the Asda car park has a maximum stay and is monitored, so never really considered that one.

Just feel this morning like I've attended my last game, the negatives far outweigh the positives these days.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:09 am

craigmcfc wrote:I've always presumed that the Asda car park has a maximum stay and is monitored, so never really considered that one.

Just feel this morning like I've attended my last game, the negatives far outweigh the positives these days.

Started years ago with the parking mate. Mansour paid for the new houses near the stadium going back towards the centre and as soon as they were built the council made the roads double yellow or residential only parking. Years ago I was doing HR for a private healthcare company so I had an NHS pass - I’d just leave that out and park in residential with a note saying “visiting a patient”. Did it a few times and never got a ticket. Only way I could park around there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:14 am

Yeah when we had one of us driving we had a disabled badge so could put it on lines near the old queen Vic pub or there was a sole disabled bay in the library parking (don't even know if that's there it woild get full earlier and earlier)

Re asda it didn't have cameras when I did it and was told by a lad working in Mary ds. Assume they've not put reg cameras on as it would be hard to do there.

So sad that so many drove home and didn't go, explains how silent it sounded.

The traffic thing is bad anywhere which is why 1) we would always go to the pub after - even if not drinking otherwise your sat in standstill and 2) don't see the point jn people leaving slightly earlier as it saves f all
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:26 am

I got told to leave the stadium a few years back after the final whistle, there were still players on the pitch at the time. I thought I’d wait 10 mins there and maybe walk slowly back to the car but the stewards said “you need to leave”. Asked them why as there was players still there and I was killing time instead of just sitting in the car trying to get off the car park.

At Maine Road they opened the bars after full time and people stayed to let the traffic die down. I remember me and my brother used to go back out into the stands and watch the players warming down. Now you’ve got sho-sec booting people out as soon as the whistle has gone. It’s pathetic
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:27 am

Genuinely sorry to hear tales of fans turning back due to travel and parking issues. The tram alternative is not a whole lot better. The queues are 20-30 minutes before boarding which is not an issue at weekends but a pain midweek if you also have kids especially with city square under development. Be interesting to see what happens with the music venue and whether anything is done to accommodate - assuming not as they'd probably offer the stadium car parking?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:32 am

If you go past the cemetery and left at the bridge onto Grimshaw Lane there's immediate street parking then yellow lines for a bit and then after the factory there's plenty more street parking. It's about a 15-20 minute walk. It's where I always park, not to bad for getting home after.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:41 am

Its all part of the nearly world wide anti car movement, they dont want anyone driving cars. All bikes and grass skirts.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:55 am

stupot wrote:If you go past the cemetery and left at the bridge onto Grimshaw Lane there's immediate street parking then yellow lines for a bit and then after the factory there's plenty more street parking. It's about a 15-20 minute walk. It's where I always park, not to bad for getting home after.

That immediate street parking is where we've parked for 15 years, it's gone, all double yellows now
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 pm

It's because of the new arena.

They've extended the residential parking permit zones because of that to stop the additional visitors to the area parking outside people's houses
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:32 pm

Nickyboy wrote:It's because of the new arena.

They've extended the residential parking permit zones because of that to stop the additional visitors to the area parking outside people's houses

Yeah I read up on it last night, though the irony is, where I usually park there's not a house in sight!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:39 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
stupot wrote:If you go past the cemetery and left at the bridge onto Grimshaw Lane there's immediate street parking then yellow lines for a bit and then after the factory there's plenty more street parking. It's about a 15-20 minute walk. It's where I always park, not to bad for getting home after.

That immediate street parking is where we've parked for 15 years, it's gone, all double yellows now

I parked there last night. A couple of hundred yards further up past the yellows.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:44 pm

stupot wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

I parked there last night. A couple of hundred yards further up past the yellows.

Just trying to get my head round it. So if you turn left onto Grimshaw Lane, that's where we've always parked but it's now double yellows. You're saying if we carried on past the Bakeries, you're still able to park there?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:50 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
stupot wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Just trying to get my head round it. So if you turn left onto Grimshaw Lane, that's where we've always parked but it's now double yellows. You're saying if we carried on past the Bakeries, you're still able to park there?

Yep, a little bit past.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:52 pm

Well if that's the case then thankyou and I may give it one more try. Wasn't the weather last night to be trying to search around, all I could see was permit signs elsewhere!

Much appreciated
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:58 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Well if that's the case then thankyou and I may give it one more try. Wasn't the weather last night to be trying to search around, all I could see was permit signs elsewhere!

Much appreciated

No problem, I'm like you and have parked around there for years. They're definitely not making it easier. I just leave a bit earlier most of the time. Couldn't last night so i had further to walk.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:00 pm

We're normally parked up 2 hours before kick off so hopefully there'll be spaces where you park at that time. Honestly, thankyou, it really was the final straw last night so it gives me hope now.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum