Etihad Visit Advice Needed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Etihad Visit Advice Needed

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:40 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Mind, I don't understand how their shit website works. Just looking at 2 tickets, me and my lad, Copenhagen at home. I edit the owner, so it's his name, and his price is 27.50 as he's under 18. No sign of anything about under 5s. Also get a warning saying he is assigned too many tickets.

I fucking long for the days of pay on the gate. So many fucking hoops to jump through just to watch some football.

Edit: ah, didn't realise that about just walking in with them. Still, I want to buy him a seat, what's this warning about? I can buy two tickets in my name it seems, but it won't let me buy one for me and one for him.

Possible that you've got enough points for 2 tickets or a Cityzens membership that allows 2 tickets but he hasn't. I seem to remember I had this with my daughter, I could buy 2 tickets but couldn't buy one in each of our names.

How did you get around it? I'm at the point of just giving up here.

I'm not sure, I certainly didn't pay an adult price for her ticket though.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:16 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Mind, I don't understand how their shit website works. Just looking at 2 tickets, me and my lad, Copenhagen at home. I edit the owner, so it's his name, and his price is 27.50 as he's under 18. No sign of anything about under 5s. Also get a warning saying he is assigned too many tickets.

I fucking long for the days of pay on the gate. So many fucking hoops to jump through just to watch some football.

Edit: ah, didn't realise that about just walking in with them. Still, I want to buy him a seat, what's this warning about? I can buy two tickets in my name it seems, but it won't let me buy one for me and one for him.

Possible that you've got enough points for 2 tickets or a Cityzens membership that allows 2 tickets but he hasn't. I seem to remember I had this with my daughter, I could buy 2 tickets but couldn't buy one in each of our names.

Your daughter may have a membership number but not have the annual Cityzen membership. I had same problem with our lad, he couldn't buy his own ticket, but i could buy two allocating one to his membership. I got them linked by calling the club and giving his membership about 6 years ago.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:52 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:

Your daughter may have a membership number but not have the annual Cityzen membership. I had same problem with our lad, he couldn't buy his own ticket, but i could buy two allocating one to his membership. I got them linked by calling the club and giving his membership about 6 years ago.

Yeah, that's it. She has her own membership number. There used to be a bit on the website to link Friends and Family.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:27 pm

Yep, turned out I'd somehow got them supporters numbers and all that but never bought them a junior membership. No idea why they let you do one thing without the other. Emailed the club and they were fuck all help, just kept referring me to website faqs. Anyway, sorted, me and my boy heading over for the Copenhagen game. Can't wait, he's not really got the football bug yet but he asked last week if he could go watch a game. Hopefully he takes to it.

I've paid for parking at the blue car park too. Fuck all information about it other than it's anpr entry apparently. No postcode for entry point provided. Would I be right in guessing that I turn onto Joe mercer way/forge road from Turing road?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby phips » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

piggybacking on this thread...will be at the Arse & Villa matches.

Anyone care to shed some light on those new bus routes they added? im staying down near Picadilly Station and am trying to sort out transport to and from the Etihad.

Or is it just better/cheaper to take the Blue Line?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

phips wrote:piggybacking on this thread...will be at the Arse & Villa matches.

Anyone care to shed some light on those new bus routes they added? im staying down near Picadilly Station and am trying to sort out transport to and from the Etihad.

The buses were a trial for next season I believe. If the weather is alright I’d walk it mate. I used to get off at Piccadilly and walk to the stadium. About 25 mins walk if that.

Or Uber would be an easier option than bus or met
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm

Littlebig, whilst I haven't been there myself there is meant to be a load of decent pre-match stuff at City Square before kick off, plenty for kids too, though I don't know any more than that.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Mase wrote:

The buses were a trial for next season I believe. If the weather is alright I’d walk it mate. I used to get off at Piccadilly and walk to the stadium. About 25 mins walk if that.

Or Uber would be an easier option than bus or met

I'd second walking. Definitely part of the matchday experience, especially if it's your first time. Head along the Ashton Canal Tow Path, and you'll join up with Joe Mercer way to enter the stadium area. When you come out of the main entrance of Piccadilly, stick to the buildings on your right, then turn first right and you'll find the tow path quite easily.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:50 am

I'd walk. If you look where you're going on the way, you'll be able to walk back after the game. #lifehack
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:08 pm

Beautiful day - definitely walk. Hopefully a win for you Phips!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:16 pm

I hope you enjoy your day.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby phips » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:55 am

Ended up taking the canal path. worked out well.

dismal match result but hopefully Villa is a better one.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby patrickblue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:35 pm

phips wrote:Ended up taking the canal path. worked out well.

I normally do the canal path, but I wouldn't recommend it for the Villa game in the dark.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:

I normally do the canal path, but I wouldn't recommend it for the Villa game in the dark.

Now the clocks have changed it should be okay for the walk there, but agree for the walk back, unless you can tag along close to a group.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby patrickblue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:12 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Now the clocks have changed it should be okay for the walk there, but agree for the walk back, unless you can tag along close to a group.

True, but It's just as easy walking back down Ashton New Road and Pollard Street.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum