View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:49 pm

Finally, some comments. All very pessimistic, but I will take it. Not a fan of early kick offs, but I am expecting three points tomorrow. A clean sheet would be an added bonus, but I will take whatever we can get.

COME ON CTY!!!

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Lee Betts, Akil Howson
Fourth official: Rebecca Welch
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt

Team Selection

Pickford
Patterson - Coleman - Tarkowski - Godfrey - Mykolenko
Young - Gueye - Metcalfe - Dobbin
Beto

And the rest…

At best we might get a draw out of it. Depends how long we can stifle the life out of them. 3-1 to City I reckon and hopefully other teams around us have an off day.

Only single thing we have in our favour here is height. I'd hope training this week majors on beating the first man with whipped in crosses in to the box, both from set and open play.

Not looking forward to this fixture.

I hate this fixture, it’s just watching city pass the ball for 90mins. Also Haaland and De Bruyne are back for this.

We will give them a tough game but likely come away with nothing

4-0 them

Play the kids, give our threadbare squad a break. City is entering Djokovic lockdown mode and going on a 15 match winning streak.

We'll give them a game. But we need to learn to score.

Got a draw last year. We have a more capable side now so you never know. Football is a funny old game.

Try at minimum to not let the GD take too much of a hit, then we wait again on other teams doing us favours.

I feel sick thinking about this game.

Only just heard Dyche is suspended for dissent, for the City Match. They are utilising every avenue arent they?!

hat city starting 11 yesterday is frightening. Feel they are going to be unstoppable now till the end of the season. Feels like a damage limitation week - where we have to hope that sheff utd can grab something from Luton / Newcastle can do the same against forest.

Looked at City's 1st team sheet midweek. Then looked at the their 2nd team on the bench. One word - "Frightening"

I would rather have a double session of acupuncture of the eye balls than watch this.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:57 pm

Cheers CM

Liked this one

Looked at City's 1st team sheet midweek. Then looked at the their 2nd team on the bench. One word - "Frightening"
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:59 pm

Cheers CM

Apparently Dyche has a suspension from touch line to boot
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:21 pm

Nice one, CM.

"Play the kids, give our threadbare squad a break."

Imagine how thin their squad would be if they had actually stayed within the rules and not spent that extra 300 million quid on it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum